“As expected.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Syracuse, New York
“As expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed one night for a special event. I would actually make this 3.5 stars if I could, the big marks against them are that the parking situation is not very good (no street parking on bus routes during the winter months, $20 for valet or $5 for garage across the street), there is no continental breakfast and that some things feel a bit dated - but they're going through a renovation so cut them some slack and let's be honest, people don't always treat hotel property with respect. Yes, the elevators were a little slow but nothing absurd. I liked the decor, the bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly. I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about, the place was fine. Not top notch exactly but very good. I have never stayed at another Hyatt so I can't really compare it with any others. I did get a screaming deal on Priceline, worth looking into if you are a last-minute traveler.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My friend and I travel to Buffalo once a year for a girls/shopping weekend. We book our hotel rooms via Priceline, and this year we stayed at the Hyatt for a spectacular price. We were able to check in about 2pm, asked for and received rooms with King size beds, and we had adjoining rooms. We were both very impressed with our rooms, no issues at all with anything. I was happy to see the iPod docking station/alarm clock, and was very pleased with the water pressure in the shower. The hotel was super busy the Saturday night with at least 2 functions being held, but that did not in any way take away from the great customer service we received from every employee that we came into contact with. We opted for the luxury of valet parking, and were very pleased with the valets and the promptness. We loved that Pearl St was so close,-it's our favorite beer and wing place in Buffalo. We would return to the Hyatt in a heartbeat. Also-we were up and down the elevators several times over the 2 night stay, and only once was there any kind of a long wait for the elevator. Did not impact our stay in the least.

Room Tip: Rooms 730 and 728 have a view of the lake if you look out to the left.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

1 day business trip to visit legal department in Buffalo , NY - the hotel was very attractive, the staff very pleasant, professional and attentive. The front desk provided assistance for locations and directions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had a terrible experience at the Hyatt Regency on the night of Nov 7, 2012. I can overlook the slow elevators (at least it's because they are upgrading them). However, there are serious issues that can never be overlooked. I was first able to get into my room around 5:30pm. About 30 minutes later, I received a phone call in the room from the Manager, asking for me by name, saying there was another issue with my credit card (there was some confusion when I first checked in). I was already heading out, so I said I would head to the front desk, which I did. There I learned that there was no issue, and then asked about this 'manager', who turned out, didn't exist. Switchboard confirmed that they had transferred a call, somebody who asked for me by name - violating company policy to start.

Realizing this was a ploy to get me to leave my room, I quickly turned and returned to my room. Everything was still there...which I took, and then returned to front desk to get a new room. After some hemming and hawing, I was given another room. While housekeeping had obviously been there (bed was made, etc), the room was disgusting. There was dried urine on the toilet seat and on the floor in front of it. The TV remote was covered in a mix of dried 'stuff', and I didn't dare touch it. Not trusting the rest of the room, including check for bedbugs (there were 4 different layers to check so I really hope I checked enough), I had to continuously wash my hands.

I won't stay at this hotel again, and it will take some effort for me to not associate Hyatt with filthy, unsafe hotels.

Room Tip: You'll find a cleaner, safer room down the street at another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HRBGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I am deeply sorry for the difficulties you experienced during your recent stay. This is not typical of the level of service and cleanliness we are known to provide. It is not hotel policy to transfer a call unless the room number is provided. Our Rooms Executive will be reviewing this policy with all staff to ensure that the proper procedures are being followed.

We are currently in the midst of a $1.4 million dollar modernization project of our elevators to include increased speed and efficiency, as well as completely remodeled cabs with digital media and information panels. During this time one elevator is out of service at a time. We have made a service elevator available to help avoid delays during peak times. Each cab takes approximately 16 weeks to complete. Our first newly renovated elevator came online in the last two weeks. We expect the second to be completed by New Year's Eve and the third by early 2013. We certainly do understand your frustration with the elevators and appreciate your patience as we work to improve them!

I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. Please contact the hotel directly if you would like to do so. We certainly do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again should your travels return you to Western New York.
Brampton, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We recently stayed at the Regency Hyatt Buffalo, as we were attending a Rush concert. From check-in to check-out we had a friendly and helpfull experience. The accomodations were very clean and comfortable. Kudos out to Bradley, the Bell person, he went "above and beyond" with his helpfulness and kindness as well as other staff. A delicious buffet breakfast was served in the bar/lounge area. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.
Jez.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Alice Grzesik
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt for one. Ought for a hockey game - right on the tram line it was easy access to the game with no hassles. Before hopping the train, we bar hopped a few blocks over and entirely had a wonderful time! Clean rooms with good taste!

• Stayed December 2011
highstandards1034
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Nice property, room very clean, very quiet which is important to me. Bell staff and really all staff very pleasant and helpful. Was there for a conference and the housekeeper came early in the day which I love. Nothing worse than finally getting back to your room late in the afternoon and still have room not made up or have to leave your room for them to do when you are looking forward to a break. This was the earliest I have ever had. Room service very prompt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Buffalo? Share your experiences!