I had a terrible experience at the Hyatt Regency on the night of Nov 7, 2012. I can overlook the slow elevators (at least it's because they are upgrading them). However, there are serious issues that can never be overlooked. I was first able to get into my room around 5:30pm. About 30 minutes later, I received a phone call in the room from the Manager, asking for me by name, saying there was another issue with my credit card (there was some confusion when I first checked in). I was already heading out, so I said I would head to the front desk, which I did. There I learned that there was no issue, and then asked about this 'manager', who turned out, didn't exist. Switchboard confirmed that they had transferred a call, somebody who asked for me by name - violating company policy to start.
Realizing this was a ploy to get me to leave my room, I quickly turned and returned to my room. Everything was still there...which I took, and then returned to front desk to get a new room. After some hemming and hawing, I was given another room. While housekeeping had obviously been there (bed was made, etc), the room was disgusting. There was dried urine on the toilet seat and on the floor in front of it. The TV remote was covered in a mix of dried 'stuff', and I didn't dare touch it. Not trusting the rest of the room, including check for bedbugs (there were 4 different layers to check so I really hope I checked enough), I had to continuously wash my hands.
I won't stay at this hotel again, and it will take some effort for me to not associate Hyatt with filthy, unsafe hotels.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Buffalo Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Buffalo Hotel Buffalo
- Buffalo Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Buffalo
- Buffalo Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated hotel located in the heart of the theatre & financial districts, offering 396 guestrooms & suites. Newly opened indoor pool, new onsite, full service Spa and new StayFit health club. Just steps away from the Chippewa Entertainment district, Elmwood Village, variety of restaurants and shops. Connected to the Buffalo Convention Center. Walden Galleria is 15 minutes from the hotel. First Niagara Center is five minutes away; free Metro directly outside the hotel. Museum district is ten minutes away. Niagara Falls is 20 minutes from the hotel. Complimentary Business Center and WiFi and Wired Internet access is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Hyatt Regency Buffalo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.