“good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
toronto
“good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

nice hotel scored a really good deal through priceline, would deff. stay here again
i was there with my 3 teen aged boys, they enjoyed the pool and the excercise room
just be sure to get drinks and snaks before you get to the hotel as there is not much around the area
staff was very helpfull and friendly, our room was very clean and well decorated.

Room Tip: ask for a room with queen beds, double beds are too small
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
Fort Drum, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I booked this hotel for a weekend getaway for my husband and I. We wanted to visit the Falls and not have to pay the price to stay in Niagara. When we first got to the hotel we compared it to our stay at a Hyatt Virginia, our room was much larger in VA and the hotel had complimentary breakfast in VA. Two things that are very important to my husband.
As we pulled up to the hotel we chose to use the Valet service, they were fast and very friendly. A young man when took our car for us had made small talk and asked up what brought us to the hotel, we responded that is was my birthday and our first anniversay. then he took our car and directed us to the front desk to check in. After checking in we were walked to the elevator and explained that they were do a renovation on the elevators. We were fine with that, as long as we didn't need to take the stairs to get to our room every time.
When we walked into our room it was smaller than we expected but for two people and two nights it wasn't bad at all. We had also booked massage appointments at the Spa Alexis, the staff there was VERY friendly and took us early for our appointments.
We also asked the staff where they would reccommend for a causal dinner and a few drinks, they told us that there was an entertainment district two blocks away, and made a very good rec. for our dinner (which we enjoyed very much). When we returned from dinner there was a bottle of wine and a fruit and cheese spread, along with a note from the valet and consierge wishing me a happy brithday and us a happy anniversary. It was a welcomed surprise. When we thanked them in person the con. made sure to also give us a free breakfast the next morning.
Throughout our two night stay the staff was VERY helpful and made sure to recommend many things and places to eat. They even gave us 2 $10 coupons for the Steakhouse in the hotel, which made the fairly expensive meal more managable.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
When we came off the elevator there was a large blue sign that stated it was the hotel's goal to exceed out expectations and make our stay memorable. They succeded at that and we will be going back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was our second or third stay here, I don't quite remember :) I often visit family in the Buffalo area and stay here during my visit. We were at the Hyatt for 2 nights.

This experience wasn't bad, but it wasn't the greatest. It was a lot of little things that could use improvement, and when you add them up, they really make you think twice about choosing this hotel. Here's what they were:

1) Valet parking. When we arrived, the valet was nowhere to be found. And it wasn't busy at all. Finally checked in and asked them at the front desk to take my car. Then, after returning in the car after a family visit later, no valet present. When a car came in BEHIND me, the valet served that car first after returning from the lot. I did mention this and got major apologies, but still...the valets need to get a better system. Especially for $20 a day.

2) Breakfast. It's OK but expensive for what you get...$16.99 for buffet, or menu items a la carte.

3) Room lighting. The desk light (and the plugs I was using for charging my computer and phone) were controlled by a switch way over at the door....which also put on a horrible uplight above the closet. So to sleep with all the lights off, could not charge phone or computer on those plugs on the desk. Dumb.

4) Hot water. Both days hot water ran cool at end of shower, and I don't take more than 5-7 minutes.

5) Smell of the hotel. Sort of weird...musty/smokey?

I would consider staying here again as it was not awful, but since this is a Hyatt Regency, my expectations are just a bit higher.

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed here a few nights for work. The room was clean, spacious, and nicely appointed. The staff was GREAT....the front desk staff was friendly & welcoming and the valet parking guys were so helpful and funny, too. The atrium bar staff was very friendly and accomodating...and the food there was very good.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We booked a room several months before a family wedding and got the room for one night at the wedding rate and a second night at a slightly higher rate. At booking time we were told that we would be able to stay in the same room. But when we checked in, we were told that they didn't kn ow if we would have to switch rooms. This was inconvenient as we would be at the wedding at check out time. Also, we were not given a wedding gift bag because we were told that we "weren't on the wedding list". We had to ask another desk person the second day whether we would need to change rooms, and in the end everything worked out well. But, there seemed to be some confusion or miscommunication. The room was very quiet and nice, but the elevators were very slow. This hotel did not live up to the Hyatt reputation that I have come to expect.

Sudbury, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Pulling up in downtown Buffalo, we were not sure what to expect. The valet was very courteous and explained all parking options and prices - with the top end being valet parking for $20 (less than half the cost of downtown Toronto) and the lowest being a maximum of $8 for the covered lot across the street. Bringing in our own limited luggage, an employee rushed to hold the front door open and we walked to the smiling front-desk clerk. Upon check-in we were informed that we had been selected 'guest of the day' - meaning we were upgraded at no charge to a junior suite and had our parking and Internet paid for. That sounded nice, but we didn't expect the wow-factor of the room that we received. We were on the 16th (top) floor in the Northwest corner of the building looking over Lake Erie and the interesting downtown architecture. The suites two rooms were large, with 20 foot ceilings and huge windows on all the walls - spectacular! The bed was extremely comfortable, we decided to stay in and order room service that was reasonably priced and better testing than most large hotels. All the other staff we encountered were extremely friendly. After always staying in the cookie-cutter hotels near the airport, we have found a new favourite in Buffalo.

Room Tip: Suites on the top floor have incredible high ceilings and huge windows
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, o
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were in Buffalo for a wedding the first weekend in August. We arrived Thursday and were greeted at our car upon arrival and had our luggage immediately unloaded by the concierge. I went inside to register while my husband and sons helped with unloading the luggage. Within 5 minutes, everything was unloaded and the concierge took us to our room and showed us all the features of our room. He noticed we would be needing more towels since my older sons were with us. He was very polite and very professional. The lighting in our room was very nice.The lamp between our beds had a very bright bulb. There was a lamp for the desk and another "mood lighting" floor lamp. The room was very clean, and I have to admit that I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness. The housekeepers were very kind and did a nice job each day we were there. An extra big thank you to the one that sent me the cookies! You made my stay so enjoyable.Thank you also Shelly Grieble, executive assistant to the general manager for taking time out of your busy day to find out who presented me with such an act of kindness. I really appreciate it. Please let the housekeeper know how much I appreciated her too.

Shorty after we arrived, my boys went swimming, while I enjoyed the view. There was ample amount of seating at the pool. I enjoyed the umbrella tables. They gave me a feeling of being on vacation. There were plenty of clean towels in the entrance to the pool and they were even being restocked while we were at the pool. I am not sure how clean the pool was, but it looked okay.

I am not sure if it was because we were only on the 4th floor, but the elevator situation (slow elevators) was not much of a problem for us. It will be very nice when the renovation on it is complete. We also used the service elevators when the lobby elevators were in high demand. It was nice that the hotel opened these up to guests.

We paid $20 to park in the lot across from the hotel on Thursday, but then moved our car to the street during the weekend where there was plenty of free parking, since you do not have to pay at the meters on the weekends. I learned that from another post on Trip Advisor. The beds were comfortable and our room was plenty cool for the hot August nights. I slept well all nights of my stay. I look forward to my next stay at the Hyatt Regency Buffalo!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor. It was quiet and quick to get to the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HRBGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Kathy,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review about your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Buffalo! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service that was provided to you by our team, as well as our pool! I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the staff. I'm happy to tell you that we are currently in the midst of a $1.8 million dollar modernization of our guest elevators. This project will include increased speed and efficiency as digital media and information panels. We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to the Western New York area!

Been to Hyatt Regency Buffalo? Share your experiences!