“Close location to first Niagara.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Ottawa, Canada
“Close location to first Niagara.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed 29 Nov for the night and to catch a hockey game. Leafs vs Sabres.
The location is close to the rink. Close enough that u can walk no problem.
The room was ok there was a small draft coming from the windows and it was a little cold. But turned the heat up and it was fine.
Bed was big and comfortable.
There is a fridge in the room and a micorwave. Good for heating up some leftovers from lunch and the fridge kept the pregame beers cold.
All in all a great hotel for the price.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
hibuffalodowntown, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear RCK2013:

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Feedback is valuable to the hospitality business. It looks like you enjoyed your time in Buffalo. We are a great sports town and always love a cold beer. Please join us again soon. Happy holidays and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Comstock Park, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you like to have a CONSTANT fan on in you're room do not stay here. If you like noise from inside and outside the hotel due to total silence in the box of a room by all means stay here.
Apparently the management cares more about the electric bill than the comfort of their "prisoners". The hotel has wall thermostats that do not have any option for constant fan. I asked at the front desk about programming to constant fan and was given an abrupt no, but was told to open a window. It is December it is Buffalo what was that all about? Apparently they figure you get the room cold and then turn on the heat to have a fan - until it shuts off when the room get hot enough..so you then have no white noise to block out the road noise, emergency sirens or the party revelers across the hall yelling at each other when one leaves up to 2 AM.
The next day I asked if they had a floor fan or fan of any sort I could borrow again told an abrupt no of course it is winter and no one is selling fans in Buffalo . Beds were okay, location was good, restaurant was good.
Staff & management --- well you decide.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Adam56:
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Buffalo Downtown, however, it appears we fell short of providing you with the services you deserve as our guest. As an older property, we have limitations on our heating and cooling systems and we were not able to get you the background noise you needed to relax. I know myself how calming that sound of a fan can be especially when traveling.

We will work with our Chief Engineer to see if there is a solution to the dilemma you described and also follow up with the staff to make sure they have options for our guests in similar situations. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. Your comments will help us make the necessary changes to our guests’ experience.
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we were passing through Buffalo. We arrived at the hotel at 11:30 pm without a reservation. We were greeted by a very friendly staff member who was helpful and polite. Our room was great as was the locations. We were able to walk to the Bada Bing for lunch. We had no complaints about our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
hibuffalodowntown, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Carolyn G:

Thank you for your kind review of the Holiday Inn Buffalo Downtown. It’s always a pleasure to read that our guests enjoyed the services and accommodations during their visit to our hotel. We will proudly post your comments for the staff to enjoy. Positive feedback and comments go a long way to motivate and INNspire all of us who work in hospitality.

Please visit again soon. Safe travels and happy holidays.
Lockport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night just to spend some time bar hopping on Elmwood. Didn't want to have to worry about driving home.. We used Rewards Points for a free night. The parking is VERY limited, I guess they were busy.. We got a REALLY small room on the 7th floor way back in the corner of the building. Smallest bathroom I've ever seen in a hotel... The room was relatively clean and comfortable so I can't complain about the room other than the size.. We had breakfast the next morning which was okay. The server was a little 'brash' but gave us no trouble. My only problem is she was one of those that when you pay she asked "Do you need change ?".. I HATE that !!! Leave the tip to me.... Don't go begging for my money. No class.. All in all the stay was average. Nothing special but no disappointments. We'd go back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
hibuffalodowntown, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear HipD3:

Thank you for your feedback from your stay at the Holiday Inn Buffalo Downtown. We hope that our guests all leave with a positive experience and it appears as if we fell short in our delivery of service to you as our guest. I will speak with the service staff and review your comments so they can see how they can affect our guests with words as well as attitude.

We apologize if you feel the service was short or rude. Our goal is always 100% satisfaction with service and accommodations. Thank you again and have a great holiday season.
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were in Buffalo for a conference at the convention center for the weekend. The Holiday Inn - Downtown was on the list of the conference hotels with attractive rates. As an IHG Platinum Elite member I chose to stay at there even though it was the furthest hotel from the convention center and was outside of a comfortable walking distance, necessitating driving and dealing with parking issues at the convention center and at the hotel.
Check-in was painless; our room was on the 8th floor. The Buffalo weather was cool; maybe in the 40’s, with wind and rain, my room was tropical. I immediately found the thermostat and attempted to cool it to a more agreeable level. There was a brand new looking thermostat on the wall but it had no effect on the amount of heat radiating from the rather ancient heating unit on the opposite wall. The heater produced a low level of heat continuously, regardless of thermostat setting, the thermostat had no effect on it or on what may have been an AC unit in the wall above. However, there was a window that would open, which I found very welcomed, if not unusual on the 8th floor.
The first night was uncomfortable. Opening the window let in cool air, wind, rain and the noise from Delaware St. Closing it made the room warm and the lack of a circulating fan made for a very quiet room in a relatively noisy hotel. Saturday morning I mentioned my concerns at the front desk and was told that the air conditioning system had been turned off for the winter. But the thermostat should still run the fan and maintenance would check on it. Saturday evening we were late returning, the conditions were the same as the night previous except it seemed that there was an increase in the traffic and pedestrian noise level with the window open and more guests in the hotel creating more in-house noise. Apparently the maintenance crew didn’t make it to the room or felt that nothing was amiss.
The hotel appears old, and the facilities need to be upgraded. I have a very short list of IHG properties that I will not return to. Holiday Inn Buffalo – Downtown has been added to it. There are other IHG properties nearby, Ill give them a chance next time.

Room Tip: My 8th floor room had an opening window. A lifesaver for me as the heat ran continuously with no con...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hibuffalodowntown, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear JDL12424,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to our heating and cooling system. Our efforts to improve the hotel are ongoing and we appreciate your honest feedback. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future plans with continue to include IHG.

Martville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a wonderful experience staying here. The beds were incredibly comfortable, the staff was wonderful, and the rooms were great and came with microwave and refrigerator which I always love to see in my room.

Room Tip: King sized bed was great, when I sat on it, I couldn't touch the floor!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
hibuffalodowntown, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Cathy14326:

Thank you for your thoughtful review of the Holiday Inn Buffalo Downtown. It is always a joy to know that our guests enjoyed their experience while visiting. I totally agree about the comfortable beds. So much so, that I bought one myself. Please visit soon and have a great holiday season.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I arrived to a spotless room! I was surprised to find a refrigerator and microwave as some reviews complained about the lack of said items. The front desk staff was uber friendly, check-in was a breeze. My room is a king size bed with a pull out sofa. How nice it is to come back after sitting in lectures all day and sit and relax on a sofa. The bed was so comfortable and with choice of soft or firm (or both) pillows, you sleep like a baby. I I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hibuffalodowntown, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear paramedic52023:

Wow!!! Thank you so much for you great review. Now if only the Bills could win today. It is so rewarding to read nice comments and positive feedback about our hotel and staff. Everyone works hard to make a difference and when we hear about our successes it motivates us to do even more.

It means a great deal to each of us that you took the time to let us know about your great experience. Thank you.

Have a great holiday season and visit often. We look forward to opening our doors to guests such as yourself.

Been to Holiday Inn Buffalo Downtown? Share your experiences!