“Great Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

My stay at Adam's Mark Hotel was great thanks to the wonderful customer service I received from Lanisha and Annie Lee. They were very helpful when I had to fax some documents relating to a house I was in the process of purchasing in Georgia.When the fax did not go through another hotel associate was more than willing to scan the documents and email them to me. I've never met a hotel staff more accomodating than the staff at Adam's Mark in Buffalo. Although I was there on business, I do plan to return during the summer and I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Caledon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Was there for a hockey tournament. Rooms are small, no fridge or microwave in room. Pool was closed for the week. We had to put towels around our heater as there was cold air coming in from cracks. Hallways were cold. It seemed that they did not want to spend money on heat. To have a proper shower you had to be 5'6 or shorter. Must pay $5/day for parking but can come as go as you please, however our parking card did not work on our last day and there was no one in the booth, paid $10 to get out of the parking lot! Rooms seemed to be renovated but the devils are in the details. Our curtains did not cover the entire window and our bathroom was poorly renovated. Our housekeeper did not clean, they emptied garbage and put the ice bucket back in the bathroom. I would not recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Was here for a night for business.
Note : Hotel transport not available after midnight. Arrived at 2am, and after calling the hotel, was told to take a cab. They did pay the cab though.

As usual, the key thing for me was the fitness room. Equipment was dated....though the room was clean. There's some rust spots on the equipment that needs attention. Couple of treadmills, ellipticals and steppers. A few machines that were in pretty good shape. Free weights rack - pretty good. Quite a spacious room. However, only one of the elliptical, and one of the treadmill was working. The wide screen TVs were placed on the wall opposite the glass that looks outside. With snow on the ground, and during the day, the reflection made it almost impossible to see what's showing on the TVs. There's also a sauna - didn't use, so can't comment. I'd rate the facilities here as adequate.

The bed was comfy enough, and TV programs interesting enough. However, logging into the wifi was problematic. Though the signal strength was good, the hotel web site took forever to load......gave up after 20 min. Coffee in the room was not to my taste....and the coffee brewer brews a single cup (old style machine) - this could be updated as well.

Restaurant has an open atrium concept.....however, they appear to be short staffed. Stood in line for 5 min, before the bar tender sat me (note, not the greeting staff). And it was the bar tender who rendered service the entire hour I was there for lunch. It wasn't even that busy Monday at lunch time.

Room Tip: If you want to see the Falls, it's a 20min drive away.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I'm not one to complain - especially when we got a "great deal". Front desk staff not at all trained in hotel management. Had to go in "the back room" to pull up our Expedia reservation... 15 minutes later she arrived back with a maintenance guy and the two of them were eating a package of Oreo cookies. We had to go back to the desk 5 TIMES! 5! Our room was the furthest room from the desk (overlooking to expressway) and the keys didn't work. They sent 4 different people up to fix the key card system and finally at 9:15pm they fixed it, while my 2 small children were sleeping. The rooms are in fact not very clean, just as ALL of the other reviews state. I put towels down to walk on the bathroom floors. The hotel lobby was so dirty you almost couldn't see out of the front windows and the floor could not have been cleaned in weeks. Hotel was listed for $165 on Expedia and we paid $90 + tax through Expedia's "reveal hotel after you pay for a 3 star hotel in Buffalo". This hotel is ABSOLUTELY NOT a 3+ star hotel. Maybe in the 80's... Please listen to ALL of the other reviews as they are just trying to save you!

• Stayed February 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is my first stay at this property and will be my last. You cannot check in until 3:00 p.m.. When i walked into my room it looked much mike a Courtyard by Marriott but that is where it ended. If you like to shower you better be shorter that 5" 7" or you have to squat down as to not hit the shower head. House keeping or for a a lock of it started with my toilet which looked like it had not been cleaned for weeks, the did not vacuum anywhere near the desk for the 3 nights I was there. The pieces of someone nut bar were all under and around the desk.

They did not throw out the garb edge or clean my coffee pot and left all the remnants on the desk. I got overcharged at the bar. It looked like someone had blown their nose inside the shower curtain. The store which was fully stocked was closed the entire time.

I had heard of problems at the hotel but never thought I would experience it like this myself. One visit and no more here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Booked a couple of rooms here via hotwire and it was listed as 3 stars, so my expectations weren't high, but this was truly a horrible experience. The rooms were dirty, sheets stained, many things in the rooms broken, pool area gross and no sleep due to huge fight in the hallway resulting in 16 police officers, ambulance, fire truck, all with sirens outside our window. Mentioned to staff and they were not willimg to help. Luckily hotwire was willing to give us a partial refund. Never EVER staying here again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed at the Adams Mark from Tuesday 1-21 thru Friday 1-24. this was our second stay at this hotel and it certainly has gone downhill. The decor and the rooms are badly in need of upgrading with torn carpeting and woodwork being scratched and worn out. Our check in went very well but that was about it. When we arrived at our room there was paper litter on the floor and the room was freezing cold. We called the front desk and help was dispatched a gentleman fixed the heater but there was so much air blowing in on the sides of the heater we had to shove our coats in the holes to get the room to warm up. Then the tub drain was clogged another call to the front desk no one ever did fix that. I cleared it my self. Then we went to dinner at the hotel restaurant, stopping to ask for some decaf coffee for our room as I cannot have caffeine due to medical issues the clerk acted like it was a real problem for her but said she would send some up. It never arrived so I went back to the front desk in the morning and was promptly given several packages no problem I guess the night clerk just didn't want to bother. Our dinner experience at the restaurant was no better. We chose seats in the lounge area. No one came to wait on us and after 15 minutes my wife went and asked for menus at the bar. After 15 minutes more of no service I went to the bar and asked why a waitress never took our order. I was curtly advised that there is no service in the lounge area. You would think there would be a sign advising us of this or that some one would have had the courtesy to let us know that there was no service. the food was ok although a little pricey, but the service was poor. The breakfast buffet in the mornings was also ok and we had a really nice waitress named Amy who was wonderful. On Friday morning I was up and about early and while walking across the lobby noticed fresh coffee on the front counter. Thinking that it was for hotel guests I approached the urn and was accosted by the front desk clerk who very rudely made sure I didn't touch anything because that was for the airline crew only. again a simple sign at that area would have sufficed, I thought he was going to have a stroke. We were at a trade show and talking with other attendees they were having similar issues. Its really a shame, I reviewed this hotel last year after attending the same show and was able to be much more complimentary. We were very disappointed this year. There really need to be some changes here.

Room Tip: inspect your room carefully before staying there
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Adam's Mark Buffalo? Share your experiences!