“Never will stay again!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Never will stay again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a dance competition. Food was very expensive. After the comp. We ordered a pizza. Good thing we checked it bfore we went to our room. It was burned all around the crust. Theydidnt seem to reallycare if they served it to a customer like that. It was also uncooked in the middle. So after I told them it was unacceptable they cooked us another. The manager never offered a discount or a complimentary one. We had to ask...when we did he stated that we were still getting something to eat. What about customer service? I dont think they are too concerned about repeat customers!! Finally he did give us a complimentary pizza. It was still burned some on the crust!

• Stayed April 2013
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

My apologies for your experiences with your food during your stay with us. We have retrained the staff on the proper usage of the pizza oven and the right temperature settings for the equipment. I have spoken with the Director of Food and Beverage and he has reviewed your concern with his staff.

Jim Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Jamestown, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We was up in Buffalo Ny on 4/9/13-4/10/13 and the hotel was not clean at all. The pool was cold and food was not good at all. We was very very upset with this hotel. I would go and stay somewhere that it was not cold and the pool is warm. I was very upset on now it was . STAY SOMEWHERE THAT IS WARM NOT COLD. :(
YOU DO NOT GET BREAKFAST. THE ROOM IS COLD AND THE POOL IS COLD STAY AWAY FROM HERE. I AM TELLING YOU.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Colleen,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay, I have passed your feedback on to our engineering department to check on our pool temperature. Generally it is maintained at about 80 degrees and monitored several times a day by our engineers. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for your experiences. If you wish to discuss it further feel free to contact me directly.

716 845-5100 ext 7077
Washington, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is beautiful inside. Huge glass windows makes for a beautiful entrance. The bar and restaurant is open and airy. The bartender was friendly and I enjoyed chatting with him and the other guest there. The food was good.
I had asked for a room at the end of the hall on the quiet side as I was coming off an intense work week and needed sleep. I lugged my suitcase and computer case all the way down to the end of the hall and found my room was on the noisy side, right by the highway overpass. I lugged everything back downstairs and was given a room on the other side...right by the elevator. By then, I decided I'd have to use my ear plugs instead. I had just taken off my coat and the fire alarm went off. After 4 knee surgeries and 3 back surgeries, I had to walk down 7 flights of stairs and then around to the front of the building... for a false alarm.
Before I left, I was going to print my boarding passes, but the one very outdated computer that was able to connect to the internet was hooked to a printer that is out of order and the other equally outdated computer wouldn't connect to the internet! I had to ask the woman at the front desk to access my e-mail to print my boarding passes. She did mention that they were planning on getting new computers in the future.
Overall, the hotel is a good one with access to everything downtown Buffalo.

Room Tip: Always ask for the quiet side of the building - away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Joni,

I appreciate you taking to time to offer us your feedback about your stay. Our business center computers are about one year but the way technology goes they are being upgraded in the next month I anticipate. My apologies about the fire alarm, I am grateful that this was a false alarm these systems are sensitive for all of our safety. I understand a guest decided to hang their clothes on our fire alarm in their room, I too wish they had not done that.

Thank you for you business and we are looking forward to your return to Buffalo.

Travel safe

Rochester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to the Adam Mark's Hotel for a dance weekend last Sept. 2012. The room was small. They ran out of ice. There wasn't a microwave in your room. I had to call the front desk and they told me that they would get me one. Hours went by and then there wasn't a microwave available. I had reservations at another hotel but changed them because the dance conference was there, so I changed them due to convenience.
Also the food was extremely expensive. All and all it was a very expensive weekend. Will I be back next fall?

Room Tip: If you want anything that you think is in a standard room it isn't.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback. We really enjoy our dance competitions when they are in town and appreciate your business. If possible in the future look to book our executive level rooms they all have microwaves and refrigerators in them and are usually the first to book for our dance weekends and for the small up charge are certainly worth it for the convenience. Looking forward to your return.

Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here in late February after a Buffalo Sabres game. The room was fine, nothing fancy (perhaps a little outdated) - but then again, everyone's opinion on that is subjective.

There was some major party on our floor the night we stayed there, but despite this, I found the noise was cancelled out fairly well.

Room service was average at best with the fries being cold.

It is certainly walking distance from FirstNiagara Center (Buffalo Sabres games) -- probably took about 10 minutes or so. Better option on the colder nights would be to take the light rail from the arena to Church St., which is a 2-3 minute walk away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mark,

Thank you for taking time to review the property. I appreciate your feedback. Our proximity to the waterfront, coke a cola field are also great attractions and walking distance from the hotel. Summer time is so exciting with the concerts at the harbor as well. I am looking forward to your return.

Travel safe,

Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Well first of all There is way too much noise at way too late at night. At around 11:30 at night 3 people knocked on our door looking for someone who wasn't staying in our room, also there were many people screaming and yelling in the halls around 12:00 midnight. Then we were terribly awoken at 8:00am by the maid service who repeatedly knocked and said "maid service". When I tried to make tea in the coffee maker the cold water I put in was CLEAN then after it was done the hot water was full of white floaty things. Not to mention the top, black part of the coffee pot was FILTHY I did not want tea after this! So after all this we went to the gym(fitness room) and all the equiptment was filthy and slimy, I would never, ever recommend this to anyone and wouldn't stay here again!

Room Tip: Try not to stay here!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tina,

I appreciate you taking time to review your stay with us. I have instructed our housekeeping department to inspect all our coffee makers and detail them as necessary. My apologies for your experience certainly we would want you to enjoy your daily tea.

Our security is very diligent in enforcing our courtesy hours and sometimes our guest excitement about their home team games is hard for them to contain themselves. I am sorry that they disturbed your stay.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Eggs are never done there mostly disgusting, oatmeal is pathetic, bagels are always stale and so is the cereal, the fruit is never fresh and the yogurt is bitter, I would never pay for the breakfast, the wi-Fi in some of the rooms are pretty poor, the fitness center needs updated with more an better equipment with a cable machine to work out many different kinds of muscles all in one

• Stayed April 2013
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Cory,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel. I appreciate your feedback and have shared them with our Food an Beverage department. We are rolling out new menu options and I am certain this feedback will be instrumental in the decisions they make. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to your return and showcasing our new selections.

Jim Burke

Been to Adam's Mark Buffalo? Share your experiences!