“Mixed feelings about this hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Church Street, Buffalo, NY 14202   |
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington, Illinois, United States
“Mixed feelings about this hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is beautiful inside. Huge glass windows makes for a beautiful entrance. The bar and restaurant is open and airy. The bartender was friendly and I enjoyed chatting with him and the other guest there. The food was good.
I had asked for a room at the end of the hall on the quiet side as I was coming off an intense work week and needed sleep. I lugged my suitcase and computer case all the way down to the end of the hall and found my room was on the noisy side, right by the highway overpass. I lugged everything back downstairs and was given a room on the other side...right by the elevator. By then, I decided I'd have to use my ear plugs instead. I had just taken off my coat and the fire alarm went off. After 4 knee surgeries and 3 back surgeries, I had to walk down 7 flights of stairs and then around to the front of the building... for a false alarm.
Before I left, I was going to print my boarding passes, but the one very outdated computer that was able to connect to the internet was hooked to a printer that is out of order and the other equally outdated computer wouldn't connect to the internet! I had to ask the woman at the front desk to access my e-mail to print my boarding passes. She did mention that they were planning on getting new computers in the future.
Overall, the hotel is a good one with access to everything downtown Buffalo.

Room Tip: Always ask for the quiet side of the building - away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Joni,

I appreciate you taking to time to offer us your feedback about your stay. Our business center computers are about one year but the way technology goes they are being upgraded in the next month I anticipate. My apologies about the fire alarm, I am grateful that this was a false alarm these systems are sensitive for all of our safety. I understand a guest decided to hang their clothes on our fire alarm in their room, I too wish they had not done that.

Thank you for you business and we are looking forward to your return to Buffalo.

Travel safe

Jim Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rochester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to the Adam Mark's Hotel for a dance weekend last Sept. 2012. The room was small. They ran out of ice. There wasn't a microwave in your room. I had to call the front desk and they told me that they would get me one. Hours went by and then there wasn't a microwave available. I had reservations at another hotel but changed them because the dance conference was there, so I changed them due to convenience.
Also the food was extremely expensive. All and all it was a very expensive weekend. Will I be back next fall?

Room Tip: If you want anything that you think is in a standard room it isn't.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback. We really enjoy our dance competitions when they are in town and appreciate your business. If possible in the future look to book our executive level rooms they all have microwaves and refrigerators in them and are usually the first to book for our dance weekends and for the small up charge are certainly worth it for the convenience. Looking forward to your return.

Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here in late February after a Buffalo Sabres game. The room was fine, nothing fancy (perhaps a little outdated) - but then again, everyone's opinion on that is subjective.

There was some major party on our floor the night we stayed there, but despite this, I found the noise was cancelled out fairly well.

Room service was average at best with the fries being cold.

It is certainly walking distance from FirstNiagara Center (Buffalo Sabres games) -- probably took about 10 minutes or so. Better option on the colder nights would be to take the light rail from the arena to Church St., which is a 2-3 minute walk away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mark,

Thank you for taking time to review the property. I appreciate your feedback. Our proximity to the waterfront, coke a cola field are also great attractions and walking distance from the hotel. Summer time is so exciting with the concerts at the harbor as well. I am looking forward to your return.

Travel safe,

Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Well first of all There is way too much noise at way too late at night. At around 11:30 at night 3 people knocked on our door looking for someone who wasn't staying in our room, also there were many people screaming and yelling in the halls around 12:00 midnight. Then we were terribly awoken at 8:00am by the maid service who repeatedly knocked and said "maid service". When I tried to make tea in the coffee maker the cold water I put in was CLEAN then after it was done the hot water was full of white floaty things. Not to mention the top, black part of the coffee pot was FILTHY I did not want tea after this! So after all this we went to the gym(fitness room) and all the equiptment was filthy and slimy, I would never, ever recommend this to anyone and wouldn't stay here again!

Room Tip: Try not to stay here!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Tina,

I appreciate you taking time to review your stay with us. I have instructed our housekeeping department to inspect all our coffee makers and detail them as necessary. My apologies for your experience certainly we would want you to enjoy your daily tea.

Our security is very diligent in enforcing our courtesy hours and sometimes our guest excitement about their home team games is hard for them to contain themselves. I am sorry that they disturbed your stay.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Eggs are never done there mostly disgusting, oatmeal is pathetic, bagels are always stale and so is the cereal, the fruit is never fresh and the yogurt is bitter, I would never pay for the breakfast, the wi-Fi in some of the rooms are pretty poor, the fitness center needs updated with more an better equipment with a cable machine to work out many different kinds of muscles all in one

• Stayed April 2013
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Cory,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel. I appreciate your feedback and have shared them with our Food an Beverage department. We are rolling out new menu options and I am certain this feedback will be instrumental in the decisions they make. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to your return and showcasing our new selections.

Auburn, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I recently called to make reservations at this hotel and the man who answered the phone was extremely belligerent. I was asking a few questions about rates for the group that we were staying with. He very rudely told me that the rates I was given were wrong and that the contract was signed for a certain amount. I informed him that I was not the one who signed the contract and that was why I was asking the questions. He did not offer to explain anything to me and when I told him that I would be booking with someone else he hung up on me. I will never stay at this hotel and I will be informing the group we were staying with along with all the publicity at my location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Stacy,

Please accept my apologies as this is unacceptable. I am currently reviewing your concerns and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience as this reservation may have been through and outside service. My sincerest apologies. I can be reached at 716 845 5100 ext 7077.

Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed on a personal visit with my daughter. When we arrived the hallway was covered with garbage (not even in garbage bags), maid carts all over, bed sheets in piles all over the floor. And we were after 3pm check in time. We had to move garbage out of our way just to get our luggage down the hallway. Food was horrible, hairdryer broke, The thermostat was falling off the wall, the heating/cooling system was filthy dirty, and we were breathing that crap in! The toilet seat had chips in it and was old and dirty looking. There was mould in the shower. The pool was not clean.
The only nice thing was our server Terrance, other than that I really have nothing good to say about this hotel. Overpriced for what we received. Would never stay here again.
They say they had renovations.........certainly didn't look like it !!!!!

Room Tip: dont stay at this hotel !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Cathy,

I apologize for your experiences. I have shared your comments with our department heads and we have begun to change how we handle our gust linen recovery. It is feedback like yours that help us to continually improve our operation. Thank you for your business and I hope you will return allowing us the opportunity to renew your faith in us. If you would like to discuss your stay further please don't hesitate to call me.

716 845-5100 ext 7077