“Terrible Customer Service!” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Auburn, New York, United States
“Terrible Customer Service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I recently called to make reservations at this hotel and the man who answered the phone was extremely belligerent. I was asking a few questions about rates for the group that we were staying with. He very rudely told me that the rates I was given were wrong and that the contract was signed for a certain amount. I informed him that I was not the one who signed the contract and that was why I was asking the questions. He did not offer to explain anything to me and when I told him that I would be booking with someone else he hung up on me. I will never stay at this hotel and I will be informing the group we were staying with along with all the publicity at my location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Stacy,

Please accept my apologies as this is unacceptable. I am currently reviewing your concerns and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience as this reservation may have been through and outside service. My sincerest apologies. I can be reached at 716 845 5100 ext 7077.

Jim Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed on a personal visit with my daughter. When we arrived the hallway was covered with garbage (not even in garbage bags), maid carts all over, bed sheets in piles all over the floor. And we were after 3pm check in time. We had to move garbage out of our way just to get our luggage down the hallway. Food was horrible, hairdryer broke, The thermostat was falling off the wall, the heating/cooling system was filthy dirty, and we were breathing that crap in! The toilet seat had chips in it and was old and dirty looking. There was mould in the shower. The pool was not clean.
The only nice thing was our server Terrance, other than that I really have nothing good to say about this hotel. Overpriced for what we received. Would never stay here again.
They say they had renovations.........certainly didn't look like it !!!!!

Room Tip: dont stay at this hotel !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Cathy,

I apologize for your experiences. I have shared your comments with our department heads and we have begun to change how we handle our gust linen recovery. It is feedback like yours that help us to continually improve our operation. Thank you for your business and I hope you will return allowing us the opportunity to renew your faith in us. If you would like to discuss your stay further please don't hesitate to call me.

716 845-5100 ext 7077
Rochester, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

As usual, this hotel never fails to let us down. Rooms have gotten better as the place has been redone. Rooms are very small by today's standards. This years debacle? The pool is still just disgusting. It was of hair and dirt on the floor of the pool and on the deck. This years shocker--puke in the pool. A little girl threw up in the pool and the front desk was immediately notified. 45 minutes later still no closing of the pool or cleaning. A maintenance guy just happened to come by but had no idea. They NEVER closed the pool! This has to be against health laws in addition to being just plain gross. We stay here a few times a year for various kids events. It ALWAYS lets us down but we have not other options.

• Stayed March 2013
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Travler,

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback about our pool. Our logs indicate that the staff closed the pool upon notification and immediately followed our protocol to shock and disinfect the area. It was unfortunate that his happened and we apologized to all of our guests that were counting on using the pool while it was closed. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention and look forward to your return.

Fairport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My boyfriend named our own price and got this hotel and were booked into a standard room. We spent an overnight here for a Sabers game and were really wowed by the hotel. The lobby is beautiful and modern. We upgraded to a king for only $20 and our room was great. It was a little outdated but clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: book a regular room and than just ask for a king upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Traveler;

Thank you for your positive review. We are all very excited about all the changes going on around here. We are returning to our glory days of the Premier Downtown hotel. Our Red Card discount program will save travelers 20% off your next stay as well as 20% off parking and food and beverages in our Deco Restaurant. As the weather breaks taking a walk to the waterfront can be exhilarating.

Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed there for a workshop recently. I had stayed there previously and noticed a big decline in quality

The room looked like it was updated, but had some obvious damage in need of fixing. There was a hole in the bathroom door that looked like it was kicked in. The room was also facing the highway and there was a considerable amount of noise from traffic at night. The machine that dispensed the laundry detergent had no indication of it being broken, but lost a dollar and had to go down to the front desk to get my money back. I was given a box of detergent and it seems like this has been an ongoing problem.

The major issue with quality was the food. High prices and low quality food. Even one of the wait staff said there was only one dish that they would ever eat. We were given vouchers and despite this, I was always having to spend money over the voucher. The breakfast buffet was at a high price, but had the same boring choices. With the price at $14, you would think there would be real eggs and not the liquid egg product.

Finally, just to round it out, despite a checkout time at noon, i was awoken at 8am to a frantic knock from housekeeping wanting to know when I am leaving so they can clean my room. Overall, I cant complain too much as much of the food and lodging was covered by my organization, but if I were a paying customer, I would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Not facing the road
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Matt,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. I appreciate your feedback and have shared them with our managers. I am looking forward to your return and continued feedback as we continue to strive for excellence.

Chesley, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

we have stayed several times here on bidding from priceline

cant believe to get a room for 55 dollars

hockey nights are busy but the rest of the time it seems empty

they have done some renos and is a little fresher

BUT get a room across from the elevators!! why?? the end rooms and those facing west have lovely noise from the freeways and you wont sleep

people complain but this is not the waldorf

but its clean, parking is cheap and simple food is medium

but the taxi service they use is lousy!!! they are always late if they are not there

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the property. I appreciate your feedback about our local cab company. I will address your concerns with them as well. I know that during special events at the arena and the ballpark they get very busy. another great feature about the property is we are just a few blocks from both venues. many of our guest enjoy the short walk to the events as well as the waterfront. We look forward to your return and we appreciate your business.

Tonawanda, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

check in process great, front desk guy was very helpful. was there for a charity ball, food over cooked, told wait, was told back by him cant please everyone, asked for banquet mgr, never came, Spent the night, ordered breakfast in room next am, never showed, check out is noon, maid knocked on door at 10am and asked when i was leaving so she could clean room. Will never spend another night there, and keep telling others not to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize for your experiences and have shared them with our Director of Food and Beverage and he will address your concerns with his staff. If you would like to discuss your event further we would love to hear your feedback. Mr. Thomas may be reached at 716 845-5100 ext. 7111.

Jim Burke

Been to Adam's Mark Buffalo? Share your experiences!