“watch for freeway noise” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Church Street, Buffalo, NY 14202   |
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chesley, Canada
“watch for freeway noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

we have stayed several times here on bidding from priceline

cant believe to get a room for 55 dollars

hockey nights are busy but the rest of the time it seems empty

they have done some renos and is a little fresher

BUT get a room across from the elevators!! why?? the end rooms and those facing west have lovely noise from the freeways and you wont sleep

people complain but this is not the waldorf

but its clean, parking is cheap and simple food is medium

but the taxi service they use is lousy!!! they are always late if they are not there

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the property. I appreciate your feedback about our local cab company. I will address your concerns with them as well. I know that during special events at the arena and the ballpark they get very busy. another great feature about the property is we are just a few blocks from both venues. many of our guest enjoy the short walk to the events as well as the waterfront. We look forward to your return and we appreciate your business.

Jim Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tonawanda, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

check in process great, front desk guy was very helpful. was there for a charity ball, food over cooked, told wait, was told back by him cant please everyone, asked for banquet mgr, never came, Spent the night, ordered breakfast in room next am, never showed, check out is noon, maid knocked on door at 10am and asked when i was leaving so she could clean room. Will never spend another night there, and keep telling others not to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize for your experiences and have shared them with our Director of Food and Beverage and he will address your concerns with his staff. If you would like to discuss your event further we would love to hear your feedback. Mr. Thomas may be reached at 716 845-5100 ext. 7111.

Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The staff is not helpful, the rooms r cramped and dirty, the service is slow add to that the cost to stay! They need a overhaul in everything to at least be a 3 star hotel! The quality of some of the 2 star hotel might get them ashamed of themselves. I knew the reviews were not great but I wanted to take a chance! Well I must say all my fear came true !!

• Stayed November 2012
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the experiences you had during your stay with us. Our focus and goal is always to exceed the expectations of our guests at all times. I have shared your comments with our staff and corrective action is already underway. Thank you for your feedback and we hope in the future we will have the opportunity to gain back your confidence.

Jim
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I can't even begin to describe how horrendous our stay was at this hotel. Rather, I'll save you the details and sum it up by saying: ugly/worn rooms, cheap linen/towels, rude staff, loud and feels a bit unsafe staying there (seedy area too). Fire alarm blasted at 12:30AM. The entire property reeked of marijuana smoke.

Unless you get one amazing deal, there are much nicer properties with greater value in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Netgeek;

I was disappointed to read your review. We have really worked very hard at improving every aspect of our property, spending several million dollars in renovations. Adding rooms on the executive level that include Ipod docking stations, large screen TV's and so much more. Our Deco Restaurant was completely renovated just finishing last February. It was unfortunate that a local University event spoiled your evening. We are addressing this situation with them and appreciate your feedback and apologize for your experiences. I hope you will have the opportunity to return and give us the opportunity to renew your confidence.

716 845 5100 ext 7077
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

A lot of locals will tell you that this is a really nice hotel, but most locals have never stayed here because, well, why would they.
You would be better off staying a mile or two further north if you want to be able to walk to any restaurants or bars. Housekeeping didn't manage to locate our room the entire 3 nights we spent here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sean;

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. Downtown has so much to offer with our proximity to so many fabulous places to eat and visit. We are walking distance to the Naval and Serviceman's park, Coke a Cola Field as well as the Arena home of the Sabers. The night life of Chippawa Street is really fabulous and we are just far enough away to not disturb your desire to rest as well.

Thank you for your feedback and we will work harder at letting our guest know about all the exciting things to do while in town including the factory outlet malls for shopping as well.

Looking forward to your return.

virginia beach va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Overall the hotel was sub-par. The location was about the only redeeming quality. The rooms were old, tired and in need of updating. Even though they probably weren't dirty, they were so worn out that they appeared grimy. The bedspread was actually stained, so it immediately went on the floor. The lighting made the room look dark, the decorations were sterile, and when you add in the rather small, boxy shape, and you get the feel you are stuck in a basement room. Paying for parking only added insult to injury. My wife and I stayed here overnight since Buffalo was about the half-way point on our trip to the Adirondacks. I would not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the property your feedback is very important to us. I have shared your comments with our department heads and we will continue to improve our property. I would highly recommend our executive level rooms as these rooms are nicely acquainted with many of the modern amenities you seem to be looking for. The small up charge is certainly worth it for the comfort of your stay. Including large Flat Screen TV's, Microwaves and Small Refrigerators in each room as well as an Ipod docking station.

I hope you will take the opportunity to visit us again and I would love to provide you an upgrade to your reservation to these luxurious rooms.

716 845-5100
Oceanside, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was ok at best..

Good:
-location is great.. ten min walk to sabres game you're right there in the city.
-restaurant/bar in hotel.. Food was pretty good service was a little slow but we were there early could have just been a timing thing.

Bad:
-Pay for parking ($10 a night)
-For some reason they have the slowest check in/out lines ever and woman behind the desk was kind of rude.
-Place is a little dated but its not awful.
-Found two used q-tips in the corner of my room.. Yuck.
-Here was the worst part... They have a big banquet hall there where they host parties. At the time of our trip there was a huge party there of college age kids and a good number had rooms in the hotel. We got back from the game there was puke in the elevator. At 2am someone in the party pulled the fire alarm and the hotel was evacuated. The whole night the kids were running around the hotel yelling waking us up constantly. At 4:15 it sounded like there was 15 people talking loudly in the hallway/elevator area I called up the front desk and they said they'd handle it.. 4:30 they were still there and I called again they said sorry we've had multiple fights at the party and the security is busy there.. So finally I just went outside and told them to shut up its almost 5am and they finally left.

New management and money needs to be invested into this hotel or it will continue to be mediocre at best.. At the end of the day I would probably stay there again if I had a good deal I'm not too picky when I'm only looking for a place to rest my head.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Sportstravelor;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I apologize for your experiences. We are taking your feedback very serious and corrective action has already begun. We have advised the University of their students behavior and they also have begun to address the issues. If you would like to discuss your experiences please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Again I am very sorry for your experiences.

716 845-5100 ext 7077

Been to Adam's Mark Buffalo? Share your experiences!