“Not that great” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego
“Not that great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

A lot of locals will tell you that this is a really nice hotel, but most locals have never stayed here because, well, why would they.
You would be better off staying a mile or two further north if you want to be able to walk to any restaurants or bars. Housekeeping didn't manage to locate our room the entire 3 nights we spent here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Sean;

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. Downtown has so much to offer with our proximity to so many fabulous places to eat and visit. We are walking distance to the Naval and Serviceman's park, Coke a Cola Field as well as the Arena home of the Sabers. The night life of Chippawa Street is really fabulous and we are just far enough away to not disturb your desire to rest as well.

Thank you for your feedback and we will work harder at letting our guest know about all the exciting things to do while in town including the factory outlet malls for shopping as well.

Looking forward to your return.

Jim Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
virginia beach va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Overall the hotel was sub-par. The location was about the only redeeming quality. The rooms were old, tired and in need of updating. Even though they probably weren't dirty, they were so worn out that they appeared grimy. The bedspread was actually stained, so it immediately went on the floor. The lighting made the room look dark, the decorations were sterile, and when you add in the rather small, boxy shape, and you get the feel you are stuck in a basement room. Paying for parking only added insult to injury. My wife and I stayed here overnight since Buffalo was about the half-way point on our trip to the Adirondacks. I would not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the property your feedback is very important to us. I have shared your comments with our department heads and we will continue to improve our property. I would highly recommend our executive level rooms as these rooms are nicely acquainted with many of the modern amenities you seem to be looking for. The small up charge is certainly worth it for the comfort of your stay. Including large Flat Screen TV's, Microwaves and Small Refrigerators in each room as well as an Ipod docking station.

I hope you will take the opportunity to visit us again and I would love to provide you an upgrade to your reservation to these luxurious rooms.

716 845-5100
Oceanside, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was ok at best..

Good:
-location is great.. ten min walk to sabres game you're right there in the city.
-restaurant/bar in hotel.. Food was pretty good service was a little slow but we were there early could have just been a timing thing.

Bad:
-Pay for parking ($10 a night)
-For some reason they have the slowest check in/out lines ever and woman behind the desk was kind of rude.
-Place is a little dated but its not awful.
-Found two used q-tips in the corner of my room.. Yuck.
-Here was the worst part... They have a big banquet hall there where they host parties. At the time of our trip there was a huge party there of college age kids and a good number had rooms in the hotel. We got back from the game there was puke in the elevator. At 2am someone in the party pulled the fire alarm and the hotel was evacuated. The whole night the kids were running around the hotel yelling waking us up constantly. At 4:15 it sounded like there was 15 people talking loudly in the hallway/elevator area I called up the front desk and they said they'd handle it.. 4:30 they were still there and I called again they said sorry we've had multiple fights at the party and the security is busy there.. So finally I just went outside and told them to shut up its almost 5am and they finally left.

New management and money needs to be invested into this hotel or it will continue to be mediocre at best.. At the end of the day I would probably stay there again if I had a good deal I'm not too picky when I'm only looking for a place to rest my head.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Sportstravelor;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I apologize for your experiences. We are taking your feedback very serious and corrective action has already begun. We have advised the University of their students behavior and they also have begun to address the issues. If you would like to discuss your experiences please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Again I am very sorry for your experiences.

716 845-5100 ext 7077
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Thankfully only spent one night here on Saturday night after going to the Sabres game. Early check in not available and, in a somewhat short tone, the clerk said to come back after 3pm. Was able to get a room around 230, after waiting about 15 minutes in line for the lone clerk working the desk. Coming back down to go over to the arena, the line up to check in was almost out the door by 4pm.

After the game and some food and drinks with friends, came back to the room only to hear the fire alarm going off around 1230am. It turned out to be a false alarm.

After falling alseep, we were woken up around 230am by what could only be categorized as a crowd of unruly, loud, obnoxious young adults yelling, possibly wrestling, banging around out in the hallway and in their rooms, which where near us. This went on for at least half an hour so we decided to call the hotel security from the phone in our room to send someone up. The call went unanswered as did our attempt to even reach someone at the front desk. By then, another guest, clearly upset, had gone out in the hallway to confront this group. They did quiet down for awhile but they came and went a few more times throughout the night so we never ever got a decent few hours of sleep. We have never come across a situation like this in all our hotel visits around the globe.

We brought the matter up with the front desk when we checked out this morning and all clerk responded with was a brief, and not so sincere "sorry about that".

The room itself was only what I would categorize as "marginally ok". It was fairly clean and not as bad as I was expecting based on other reviews. We had to run the tap in the bathroom for about 3-4 minutes to get any hot water. The heating system was a little bizarre...it looked to work on some sort of motion sensor system, so if nobody was in the room, it was cold when we returned.

Defintely not a 3 star hotel and I will be avoiding this one in any future trips to Buffalo.

Room Tip: try to avoid the interstate side of the building as the noise interupted our sleep
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear handymanjim;

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, I have shared your comments with the appropriate departments and corrective action is already underway.

Loretto, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I travel a lot with my daughter for her dance competitions. We recently stayed at the Adams Mark for the weekend. The facilities were impeccably clean. My room had a fridge, a microwave and flat screen tv. We ate in the restaurant. The food was good, but service was a bit slow. We were able to take advantage of our down time by doing a little shopping nearby. We weren't sure where to go so inquired at the desk. Mr. Burke was incredibly helpful. Not only did he print up directions and a map, but he gave us a coupon to use at the mall too! We had a wonderful experience in Buffalo and look forward to coming back and staying at the Adams Mark again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Tina C;

Thank you for you positive feedback. We really enjoy the dance teams when they are in town. There is so much to do while visiting. I hope you found those shoes you were looking for at the factory outlet stores. Looking forward to your return visit.

Jim
Grand Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was my first stay at the Adams Mark Hotel, my fiance and I stayed there on Valentines Day. Instantly we were greeted by a hotel mgr. Jim Burke, whom made us feel like we were royalty. Once arriving at our rooms we found them exceptional, a swan , made from towels and filled with candy was at the bottom of our bed, very cool. All the hotel staff were great, you could tell they enjoyed their jobs. Dinner was set in a candle lite room with roses on our table and a waitress whom was perfect. The food was incredible and dessert was to die for. What a romantic evening, we would and will stay there again. It is a very beautiful place with quality people serving you. I would like to thank Mr. Burke for making our stay memorable and fun. I give Adams Mark a 5 star review.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Harry;

It was our pleasure to make your special day memorable. Thank you for your positive comments. We are growing our business every day, look for upcoming special for Easter, Mother's Day and so much more. Your business is our pleasure.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was at the hotel for the Sabres game a few weeks ago. The manager James Burke was extremely amicable and helpful with directions, restaurant recommendations, and offered me a 20% discount card to use at this hotel! Great location, close to the arena, highly recommended for their outstanding service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Derek C;

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your feedback. Our 20% discount program is a great way to save on the cost of your room, parking and our fine dining. I am glad you had a great time while in Buffalo. I know your looking forward to going fishing in the spring and summer. You can walk to the lake from here and the waterfront is beautiful.

Jim Burke

Been to Adam's Mark Buffalo? Share your experiences!