“thank you for the extra help” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Church Street, Buffalo, NY 14202   |
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“thank you for the extra help”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had a great stay - rooms comfortable, beds are the best and I really like the color scheme. This is not my first time here and I always enjoy it when I am in town. I feel compelled to write because I had a problem when I was about to miss my flight because I was not ready when the shuttle I was scheduled for was leaving so I inquired with Pamela at the front desk who spoke with the bellman Gary and they were both so accomodating and went out of their way to ensure I got a ride to the airport. The lobby was very busy and while I was waiting for Gary to bring the shuttle around, I was speaking to a gentleman in the lobby telling him my story and it just happened to be the General Manager who was out talking with the guests. Thank you Adams Mark for being my home away from home in every meaning of the word.

Matthew

Room Tip: every room I have had on the 7th and 9th floor have been great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Matthew,

It is our pleasure. Thank you for your kind words and more importantly your business. I am so delighted to hear that Pam and Gary were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to your return to the property. Travel safe.

Jim Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Adams Mark for 1 night in a room with 2 double beds

Pros
- Location was ok.
- Gym and pool available

Cons
- Bed head broken
- Analoague TV
- Fixtures and fittings broken or very outdated
- Heater was very noises

• Stayed January 2013
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Valued Customer;

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us your opinion as a consumer is truly valuable. We continue to update and upgrade the hotel. I would recommend asking for the upgraded executive level rooms for the small up charge it is certainly worth it. Including flat screen televisions, IPod docking stations, Microwaves and refrigerators in every room.

I am disappointed to hear about heater being noisy, certainly your rest is our first concern. If we had of know about this issue we certainly made every effort to correct it for you as we have engineers on property 24 hours a day to provide outstanding service. My apologies.

If you have to opportunity to comeback call me and I will personally attend to your complimentary upgrade.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed there this past weekend as I took a flight from Buffalo as opposed to Toronto and thought that I would stay downtown instead of close to the airport.

Area--the downtown sights are all in walking distance but even for a frequent traveler like me, I decided not to go out at night--did not feel safe.

Check in-- the front desk staff did not greet me with a smile and seemed somewhat cool in the conversation. However, the interaction was only for a few minutes so I let that slide. Also, later that night I was trying to find a book of amenities in my room, went back to the front desk, different clerk and she was as aloof as the first person I met!

Room-- a nice one on the 8th floor, facing the city and it was very quiet. Beds comfortable, everything spic and span clean but the only issue was that even though I set the heat to max I was still frozen to death. Thankfully it was just an overnight.

I did dine in the restaurant for breakfast and that will be a separate review.

Check-out was easy and at last I did meet a front desk clerk who smiled and actually asked me how I was doing?! Her pleasant nature actually surprised me. Overall, not a bad experience but I think that front desk staff are the first impression of the organization and should perhaps have a bit of extra training in at least smiling.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city are quiet, the other faces the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Rob,

Thank you for your feedback, I have reviewed your comments with our staff. I apologize for the impression they gave you it is our goal to WOW our guests at every opportunity. I have used this as a teachable moment and our commitment is to Excellence. I appreciate your business and am looking forward to your return.

Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed heree last week for a trade show. The staff was wonderfull, and the food was awsome but the hotel in general could use a little sprucing up. Just some tlc and this is an a-1 spot still a very good stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
VisionsBuffalo, Owner at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Marita & Bob;

Thank you for your feedback. We love the trade show it makes us all think of spring. Your group was wonderful and a lot of fun for the staff. I appreciate your business and I am looking forward to next year.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

In town for a hockey tournament- no place for kids to "hang out" unless we wanted to rent a banquet room for additional costs. Managers yelled at them if they or we were in hallways.
Heat did not work properly.
Decor OUTDATED & hotel needs MAJOR renovations.
Buffet $12.95 rip off for what was on it.
Housekeeping never came 1 day & came at 8am next-I was in shower & didn't hear knock. Told them to leave. I was then gone next 4 hours and they never had come back! I had to call & request them to clean my room.
Toiletries did not include lotion just soap, shampoo & conditioner.
Leak of some sorts pouring through ceiling- let a staff member know & his answer was I think someone contacted security. No signs, closure of area for quite some time.

• Stayed January 2013
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hockey Mom;

I apologize for your experience. It was very unfortunate to have a water line for the hotel break during your stay. I certainly wish that things like this would never happen. Our staff did respond to this emergency and in an effort isolate the the flooding they failed to communicate as expeditiously as I would have hoped. We have become a host hotel for so many teams and generally there is so much for them to do while in town, shopping, our pool and many of the surrounding places to eat.

If you would like to discuss your stay with me further I would welcome your feedback. Please accept my apologies and I have shared your comments with the staff.

Durand, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Adam's Mark Hotel is my personal suggestion for any individual looking to hang their hat in Buffalo, New York. My stay, the days leading up to New Years Eve, was extremely satisfactory. While staying in Adam's Mark I received respect as well as exceptional service from the staff (bartenders, housekeepers, front desk employees etc.). Upon my arrival I had heard through the grape vine that almost all rooms were booked as they were housing the national karate championship that same week. I thought for sure my needs would somehow not be met due to the surplus of people; However, to my disbelief I was hardly aware that their were that many people residing in the Hotel! The walls must be pretty thick as I was not disturbed once in my slumber or relaxation! Heck you couldn't even tell they were housing people in the rooms near mine let alone a Karate National Championship/Tournament. The only reminder of the Karate event was a Floppy, dirty, hideous inflatable balloon which must have popped or been removed . This was the only blemish I encountered while housing in Adam's Mark Hotel. So in closing I recommend Adam's Mark Hotel for friendly service, convenient location as well as accommodating services.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Lonnie,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so excited about everything going on here at the hotel and the Downtown Area. I appreciate your business and we are looking forward to your return. Please call us and ask about some of our amazing specials, Valentines day is coming... $119.00 USF includes a romantic dinner for (2) and your room.

Jim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Thank you to the staff (particularly Iris) at the Adam's Mark Hotel for going out of your way to make my stay more comfortable -- although i rather be anywhere else in December than Buffalo -- they made it as 'warm' as possible. Thanks

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for recognizing Iris, She was so happy to see your comments today. At the Adams Mark we all about the WOW experience and clearly she exceeded your expectations. We will reward her outstanding effort. Come back any time.

Jim Burke

Been to Adam's Mark Buffalo? Share your experiences!