“Old and broken furniture. Needs an update” 2 of 5 stars

Adam's Mark Buffalo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Church Street, Buffalo, NY 14202   |
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Old and broken furniture. Needs an update”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Adams Mark for 1 night in a room with 2 double beds

Pros
- Location was ok.
- Gym and pool available

Cons
- Bed head broken
- Analoague TV
- Fixtures and fittings broken or very outdated
- Heater was very noises

• Stayed January 2013
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Valued Customer;

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us your opinion as a consumer is truly valuable. We continue to update and upgrade the hotel. I would recommend asking for the upgraded executive level rooms for the small up charge it is certainly worth it. Including flat screen televisions, IPod docking stations, Microwaves and refrigerators in every room.

I am disappointed to hear about heater being noisy, certainly your rest is our first concern. If we had of know about this issue we certainly made every effort to correct it for you as we have engineers on property 24 hours a day to provide outstanding service. My apologies.

If you have to opportunity to comeback call me and I will personally attend to your complimentary upgrade.

Jim Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed there this past weekend as I took a flight from Buffalo as opposed to Toronto and thought that I would stay downtown instead of close to the airport.

Area--the downtown sights are all in walking distance but even for a frequent traveler like me, I decided not to go out at night--did not feel safe.

Check in-- the front desk staff did not greet me with a smile and seemed somewhat cool in the conversation. However, the interaction was only for a few minutes so I let that slide. Also, later that night I was trying to find a book of amenities in my room, went back to the front desk, different clerk and she was as aloof as the first person I met!

Room-- a nice one on the 8th floor, facing the city and it was very quiet. Beds comfortable, everything spic and span clean but the only issue was that even though I set the heat to max I was still frozen to death. Thankfully it was just an overnight.

I did dine in the restaurant for breakfast and that will be a separate review.

Check-out was easy and at last I did meet a front desk clerk who smiled and actually asked me how I was doing?! Her pleasant nature actually surprised me. Overall, not a bad experience but I think that front desk staff are the first impression of the organization and should perhaps have a bit of extra training in at least smiling.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city are quiet, the other faces the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Rob,

Thank you for your feedback, I have reviewed your comments with our staff. I apologize for the impression they gave you it is our goal to WOW our guests at every opportunity. I have used this as a teachable moment and our commitment is to Excellence. I appreciate your business and am looking forward to your return.

Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed heree last week for a trade show. The staff was wonderfull, and the food was awsome but the hotel in general could use a little sprucing up. Just some tlc and this is an a-1 spot still a very good stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
VisionsBuffalo, Owner at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Marita & Bob;

Thank you for your feedback. We love the trade show it makes us all think of spring. Your group was wonderful and a lot of fun for the staff. I appreciate your business and I am looking forward to next year.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

In town for a hockey tournament- no place for kids to "hang out" unless we wanted to rent a banquet room for additional costs. Managers yelled at them if they or we were in hallways.
Heat did not work properly.
Decor OUTDATED & hotel needs MAJOR renovations.
Buffet $12.95 rip off for what was on it.
Housekeeping never came 1 day & came at 8am next-I was in shower & didn't hear knock. Told them to leave. I was then gone next 4 hours and they never had come back! I had to call & request them to clean my room.
Toiletries did not include lotion just soap, shampoo & conditioner.
Leak of some sorts pouring through ceiling- let a staff member know & his answer was I think someone contacted security. No signs, closure of area for quite some time.

• Stayed January 2013
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hockey Mom;

I apologize for your experience. It was very unfortunate to have a water line for the hotel break during your stay. I certainly wish that things like this would never happen. Our staff did respond to this emergency and in an effort isolate the the flooding they failed to communicate as expeditiously as I would have hoped. We have become a host hotel for so many teams and generally there is so much for them to do while in town, shopping, our pool and many of the surrounding places to eat.

If you would like to discuss your stay with me further I would welcome your feedback. Please accept my apologies and I have shared your comments with the staff.

Durand, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Adam's Mark Hotel is my personal suggestion for any individual looking to hang their hat in Buffalo, New York. My stay, the days leading up to New Years Eve, was extremely satisfactory. While staying in Adam's Mark I received respect as well as exceptional service from the staff (bartenders, housekeepers, front desk employees etc.). Upon my arrival I had heard through the grape vine that almost all rooms were booked as they were housing the national karate championship that same week. I thought for sure my needs would somehow not be met due to the surplus of people; However, to my disbelief I was hardly aware that their were that many people residing in the Hotel! The walls must be pretty thick as I was not disturbed once in my slumber or relaxation! Heck you couldn't even tell they were housing people in the rooms near mine let alone a Karate National Championship/Tournament. The only reminder of the Karate event was a Floppy, dirty, hideous inflatable balloon which must have popped or been removed . This was the only blemish I encountered while housing in Adam's Mark Hotel. So in closing I recommend Adam's Mark Hotel for friendly service, convenient location as well as accommodating services.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Lonnie,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so excited about everything going on here at the hotel and the Downtown Area. I appreciate your business and we are looking forward to your return. Please call us and ask about some of our amazing specials, Valentines day is coming... $119.00 USF includes a romantic dinner for (2) and your room.

Jim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Thank you to the staff (particularly Iris) at the Adam's Mark Hotel for going out of your way to make my stay more comfortable -- although i rather be anywhere else in December than Buffalo -- they made it as 'warm' as possible. Thanks

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for recognizing Iris, She was so happy to see your comments today. At the Adams Mark we all about the WOW experience and clearly she exceeded your expectations. We will reward her outstanding effort. Come back any time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here at the Adams Mark hotel for 4 days around New Years Eve and could not of had a better experience elsewhere. This hotel was perfectly located within walking distance of downtown, in which we took advantage of the FREE outdoor iceskating rink. Not only was this a busy time for the hotel, nearing New Years as well as a hosted National Karate World Championship, but my friends and I as guests were treated extremely well with great care throughout our stay. The housekeepers, bartenders, and all other employees were very nice, friendly and hospitable. The only complaint that I would like to mention was the parking and garage gates that we had to go through, our card did not work one of the times and was a slight hassle to get it reactivated. This was obviously a very minor detour and did not affect the rest of our lovely vacation. My friends and I will definitely return to the hotel with a bigger crowd next time, because the outgoing personalities and employee attentiveness here was just phenomenal. This hotel has my full recommendation.

• Stayed December 2012
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your 4 day stay with us. I appreciate your comments and more importantly your business. If you think visiting us this time of year with ice skating and visiting the clubs you have to come back in the summer and enjoy our beautiful waterfront that is within walking distance to the property. Looking forward to your return visit.

Yours in Hospitality,

Jim Burke

Been to Adam's Mark Buffalo? Share your experiences!