“Outdated & Broken” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Outdated & Broken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

In town for a hockey tournament- no place for kids to "hang out" unless we wanted to rent a banquet room for additional costs. Managers yelled at them if they or we were in hallways.
Heat did not work properly.
Decor OUTDATED & hotel needs MAJOR renovations.
Buffet $12.95 rip off for what was on it.
Housekeeping never came 1 day & came at 8am next-I was in shower & didn't hear knock. Told them to leave. I was then gone next 4 hours and they never had come back! I had to call & request them to clean my room.
Toiletries did not include lotion just soap, shampoo & conditioner.
Leak of some sorts pouring through ceiling- let a staff member know & his answer was I think someone contacted security. No signs, closure of area for quite some time.

• Stayed January 2013
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hockey Mom;

I apologize for your experience. It was very unfortunate to have a water line for the hotel break during your stay. I certainly wish that things like this would never happen. Our staff did respond to this emergency and in an effort isolate the the flooding they failed to communicate as expeditiously as I would have hoped. We have become a host hotel for so many teams and generally there is so much for them to do while in town, shopping, our pool and many of the surrounding places to eat.

If you would like to discuss your stay with me further I would welcome your feedback. Please accept my apologies and I have shared your comments with the staff.

Jim Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Durand, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Adam's Mark Hotel is my personal suggestion for any individual looking to hang their hat in Buffalo, New York. My stay, the days leading up to New Years Eve, was extremely satisfactory. While staying in Adam's Mark I received respect as well as exceptional service from the staff (bartenders, housekeepers, front desk employees etc.). Upon my arrival I had heard through the grape vine that almost all rooms were booked as they were housing the national karate championship that same week. I thought for sure my needs would somehow not be met due to the surplus of people; However, to my disbelief I was hardly aware that their were that many people residing in the Hotel! The walls must be pretty thick as I was not disturbed once in my slumber or relaxation! Heck you couldn't even tell they were housing people in the rooms near mine let alone a Karate National Championship/Tournament. The only reminder of the Karate event was a Floppy, dirty, hideous inflatable balloon which must have popped or been removed . This was the only blemish I encountered while housing in Adam's Mark Hotel. So in closing I recommend Adam's Mark Hotel for friendly service, convenient location as well as accommodating services.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Lonnie,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so excited about everything going on here at the hotel and the Downtown Area. I appreciate your business and we are looking forward to your return. Please call us and ask about some of our amazing specials, Valentines day is coming... $119.00 USF includes a romantic dinner for (2) and your room.

Jim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Thank you to the staff (particularly Iris) at the Adam's Mark Hotel for going out of your way to make my stay more comfortable -- although i rather be anywhere else in December than Buffalo -- they made it as 'warm' as possible. Thanks

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for recognizing Iris, She was so happy to see your comments today. At the Adams Mark we all about the WOW experience and clearly she exceeded your expectations. We will reward her outstanding effort. Come back any time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here at the Adams Mark hotel for 4 days around New Years Eve and could not of had a better experience elsewhere. This hotel was perfectly located within walking distance of downtown, in which we took advantage of the FREE outdoor iceskating rink. Not only was this a busy time for the hotel, nearing New Years as well as a hosted National Karate World Championship, but my friends and I as guests were treated extremely well with great care throughout our stay. The housekeepers, bartenders, and all other employees were very nice, friendly and hospitable. The only complaint that I would like to mention was the parking and garage gates that we had to go through, our card did not work one of the times and was a slight hassle to get it reactivated. This was obviously a very minor detour and did not affect the rest of our lovely vacation. My friends and I will definitely return to the hotel with a bigger crowd next time, because the outgoing personalities and employee attentiveness here was just phenomenal. This hotel has my full recommendation.

• Stayed December 2012
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your 4 day stay with us. I appreciate your comments and more importantly your business. If you think visiting us this time of year with ice skating and visiting the clubs you have to come back in the summer and enjoy our beautiful waterfront that is within walking distance to the property. Looking forward to your return visit.

Yours in Hospitality,

Churchville, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel was dirty, poorly maintained and the staff did not seem to care. Carpets throughout the hotel were torn and could be trip hazard. Escalators broke down at least three of the six days we were there. Parking garage gates worked on 50% of the time, either locking us in, or out.
We paid 175.00/night (w/tax) and they did not even have a continental breakfast. Wanted to charge us 12.00 per person to eat at restaurant.
you would be better off at a cheaper, more deserving chain than this trap.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Vance,

Thank you for your feedback.I am disappointed to hear of your experiences. It is our goal to meet and exceed our guest expectations during their stay. NYE was a very busy time for the entire property. I am not sure what carpets you may be referring to as all guest rooms corridors all have brand new carpeting. I realize that the rate on this special event night were higher than our normal rates this is pretty standard room rates during the year. I have shared your comments with our staff.

Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here during a hockey tournament, so the rate was good.
The restaurant had a decent buffet, and the prices in the restaurant and bar were good.
Our heater did not work properly-maintenance taught me how to bypass the system so I could keep it warm. We did not have hot water on our last day. I had to call for shampoo and conditioner because housekeeping did not leave us any.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kim,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us, your feedback is valuable and I have shared it with our team. My apologies for your experience with the heater in your guest room and I am delighted that our staff was able to address your concerns. Have a great new year and we hope you will come back and see us when your back in town.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

As I frequent business traveller to St. Louis, I have stayed a number of times at the Adam’s Mark Hotel in that city. It is a first class luxury hotel right along the Mississippi River. It has an excellent restaurant, a comfortable bar, and well-appointed rooms. So, when I recently found myself unexpectedly spending an overnight in Buffalo, I immediately booked myself and my wife into the Adam’s Mark explaining to her that I was quite familiar with the brand from the St. Louis property.

Woooops! Big Mistake !

The Buffalo version is more like an econo motel off the Interstate – a blight on the brand. There is only a coffee shop and a smelly “sports bar” - no nice retaurant. Our room had a malfunctioning thermostat than ran the gamut from 56° to 88°. The Front Desk “explained” that the heat went off automatically when the room was empty. Really? We were in the room, and up and down during the night trying to keep the room temperature somewhere near 70°.

The bathroom sink didn’t present the same challenge. It had NO hot water at all. Fortunately the shower did!

There was a lot of noise during the night from the highway outside. The hall on our floor on one of the elevators smelled of cigarette smoke.

The only thing first class about the Adam’s Mark in Buffalo are their room rates.

If you’re looking for the best hotel in Buffalo, this isn’t it. Try the Hyatt.

Room Tip: A room in the Hyatt would be my choice