“We will not return to this Hotel, Ever” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Church Street, Buffalo, NY 14202   |
Ranked #13 of 20 hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Churchville, New York
“We will not return to this Hotel, Ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel was dirty, poorly maintained and the staff did not seem to care. Carpets throughout the hotel were torn and could be trip hazard. Escalators broke down at least three of the six days we were there. Parking garage gates worked on 50% of the time, either locking us in, or out.
We paid 175.00/night (w/tax) and they did not even have a continental breakfast. Wanted to charge us 12.00 per person to eat at restaurant.
you would be better off at a cheaper, more deserving chain than this trap.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Vance,

Thank you for your feedback.I am disappointed to hear of your experiences. It is our goal to meet and exceed our guest expectations during their stay. NYE was a very busy time for the entire property. I am not sure what carpets you may be referring to as all guest rooms corridors all have brand new carpeting. I realize that the rate on this special event night were higher than our normal rates this is pretty standard room rates during the year. I have shared your comments with our staff.

731 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here during a hockey tournament, so the rate was good.
The restaurant had a decent buffet, and the prices in the restaurant and bar were good.
Our heater did not work properly-maintenance taught me how to bypass the system so I could keep it warm. We did not have hot water on our last day. I had to call for shampoo and conditioner because housekeeping did not leave us any.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kim,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us, your feedback is valuable and I have shared it with our team. My apologies for your experience with the heater in your guest room and I am delighted that our staff was able to address your concerns. Have a great new year and we hope you will come back and see us when your back in town.

Yours in Hospitality

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

As I frequent business traveller to St. Louis, I have stayed a number of times at the Adam’s Mark Hotel in that city. It is a first class luxury hotel right along the Mississippi River. It has an excellent restaurant, a comfortable bar, and well-appointed rooms. So, when I recently found myself unexpectedly spending an overnight in Buffalo, I immediately booked myself and my wife into the Adam’s Mark explaining to her that I was quite familiar with the brand from the St. Louis property.

Woooops! Big Mistake !

The Buffalo version is more like an econo motel off the Interstate – a blight on the brand. There is only a coffee shop and a smelly “sports bar” - no nice retaurant. Our room had a malfunctioning thermostat than ran the gamut from 56° to 88°. The Front Desk “explained” that the heat went off automatically when the room was empty. Really? We were in the room, and up and down during the night trying to keep the room temperature somewhere near 70°.

The bathroom sink didn’t present the same challenge. It had NO hot water at all. Fortunately the shower did!

There was a lot of noise during the night from the highway outside. The hall on our floor on one of the elevators smelled of cigarette smoke.

The only thing first class about the Adam’s Mark in Buffalo are their room rates.

If you’re looking for the best hotel in Buffalo, this isn’t it. Try the Hyatt.

Room Tip: A room in the Hyatt would be my choice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hotel is big and has all the amenities. The furniture is a bit outdated but like the subject says you get what you pay for. The lobby is big. Hotel is clean. It is close to everything. The First Niagara Centre, Chippewa St. Taxis are available as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SD,

Thank you for your review. Our location has so much to offer the traveler. Not only are we just 12 miles from on of the seven wonders of the world, but some of the greatest shopping around. Outlet malls just 12 miles from the hotel. I appreciate your business and look forward to your return. Happy New Year.

Yours in Hospitality

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed there on November 28th for 1 night
The staff is very polite and check in or out does not take forever.
The food is good at their restaurant and the prices are fair.

Overall this is a good place and would recommend it

Room Tip: My room was on 8th floor, north side (close to elevator), so was a bit noisy (because of the highway...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Daniel,

Happy Holiday and thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review for the hotel. I appreciate your business and looking forward to your return to Buffalo.

Yours In Hospitality

Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel December 8-9, 2012. The purpose of my trip was to watch a Buffalo Bills game that Sunday afternoon.

Overall, it was a reasonably priced place. I'm not sure of the regular rates, but I booked through hotwire and it coated about 100$.

Things I like about the location...
-Less than 5 Minute drive to the Niagra Falls Canadian Border. You take one exit and the border is right there.

-Walking distance to Chilliwack street, which is Buffalo's Bar and Club district. It was pretty cold the weekend I went, ended up taking a cab which ran a faire of $5.00.

-Bar and Restaurant on the premises, with reasonably price food and drinks. Good drink specials in bar.

-Ample room for business meetings, big conference rooms.

Special Note: Saturday night before the Bills game, a lot of the players were staying in the same hotel, either for a meeting or for the night. I thought that was pretty cool.

Things I didn't like:

- The location is conviniently located next to major roadways, but the area is not safe as there are a lot of signs telling you cars are broken into, and they're not always able to prevent them, daytime or nightime. They have a semi-indoor parking lot, with attendant, but still is a bit sketchy.

-We had requested a cotton bedding, fairly early on in the day, but we never received it after being assured we'd get one. We called 4 times before they informed us they're were no cotts left.

- Staff was not too aware of what was going on in the surroundings, we were told if we had questions, to use Google and check it out. It's not the worst answer you can give someone but if you work in a hotel, you should have some idea about what's going on in the area.

That's about it. If you need a place to just sleep before attending a sporting event, this is a good place, but don't expect too much as it's justban average place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your stay with us. We truly are one of the hidden treasures in the downtown area. Our proximity to the entertainment district, the falls and wonderful outlet shopping make the hotel the perfect choice. I appreciate your business and am looking forward to your return. Seasons Greetings to you and your family.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We originally purchased a groupon offered by the Adam's Mark Hotel Buffalo.
We traveled from Rochester which is roughly 60 miles away. We arrived about 2 hours prior to scheduled check in. I was amazed the staff made every effort to find us a room immediately. The room was perfect. We also enjoyed the convenient hotel parking and the proximity to all of the downtown Buffalo attractions. I've since called back to inquire on another upcoming hotel special. I explained my inquiry to Caitlin Schaefer, the event planner with the hotel and she eagerly arranged some options for me. She confirmed my request with Jim Burke, the Area Rooms Division Manger who made me feel like I am most important guest that has ever stayed in the hotel! We can't wait to return to the Adam's Mark Hotel Buffalo and enjoy another weekend getaway.
Michael & Christine P.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Michael,

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I appreciate your business. I have planned a few delightful surprises for your return. See you again in a few weeks, Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Jim Burke

Been to Adam's Mark Buffalo? Share your experiences!