“good value-great location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
guelph, ontario
“good value-great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed one night, our second time there, for a cross border shopping trip with our 14 year old niece. Stayed in executive room, very clean with linen duvet covers, room to move around, and good basic facilities. Unfortunately the pool was out of order when we arrived. We couldn't check in when we arrived, because it was about 2:30, and the room wasn't ready before 3 pm, but that was OK. We returned to the room after shopping (about 20 minutes to Walden Galleria, and about the same to the Fashion Outlet malls, the hotel in very close to the border at Fort Erie/Buffalo. The biggest problem is the loud heating/air system, that phased in and out at intervals through the night, and woke me a couple of times. The beds were comfortable, pillows of varied hardness, so I could find one thin and soft enough for my taste.

Room Tip: the executive rooms are worth the extra, newer and nicer.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Janet,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of the hotel. I am sorry the pool was out of order for a short time during your stay with us. I am glad to report the problem has been quickly rectified and back up and running. I would love to have you back, and offer you a special discounted price for your inconvenience. We value all our customers and I know how much the little ones look forward to our indoor heated pool after a full day of shopping. My sincerest apologies.

716 845-5100 ext 7077

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Buffalo, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Wow I came to let the girls swim in the pool seeing its cold out and not much to do. Went to pool area and it was out of order. I talked to Pam at front desk and she said there was nothing she could do. Talked to Jeremy the manager and he opened the pool for us but he let me know the thermostat wasn't working. Well it was cold but I could handle that. The problem was it was dirty. The sauna didn't work either. Never again. This was a big dissapointment! At least they could of offered for us to come back another day. My advice would be don't book with this hotel!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ontario, canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a King Suite on the 9th floor. The view was nice. The room was nice too...had a microwave and fridge which was a bonus. We had a buffet breakfast on sunday..it was good.
Shopping was 15 minutes away

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dave,

Thank you for your review. I know with the holidays coming shopping is on every ones mind. As you said we are just minutes from some of the finest shopping outlets in the North East. We just launched some great shopping packages. We appreciate your business hope to see you again soon.

Dedemsvaart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Almost perfect means an almost perfect hotel: superior rooms, outstanding performance of the members at the front desk. High classed rooms with excellent beds. We had room 603. This room is situated at the rear side of the hotel. One of the interstates has its junction at this side. Some noise, but not too much.
The only thing which can obtain a 5 stars award is the breakfast. More facilities will give this, to my opinion, 5 stars. I think the breakfast facilities can be better.
Nevertheless: when you are in Buffalo, choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Take a room at the front side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Almost perfect.. that means we will try even harder for your next visit. Thanks for taking the time to review the property. I will share your kind words with the entire staff. We are looking forward to your return to the hotel. Travel safe and come back soon.

Sofia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Once again our group visited Buffalo and again stayed in Adam's Mark hotel downtown Buffalo. I was impressed by the renovation that makes difference - new LCD TVs, new caprets etc. And what is most important - without raising prices! Another pleasant surprise!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Miroslav,

It was our pleasure to host your group again at the hotel. Thank you for your continued business, I will share your positive remarks with the team. looking forward to your return trip.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've stayed at the Adam's Mark hotel and it's a fine ok but removed from the rest of the area. The hotel does offer a good bar with a wing special on Friday nights along with a good sized pool. Parking is off street and not included in any rate. Rooms are clean but are getting to the refresh time as they look old but are not falling apart. They have smoking rooms which I had to accept once and was not happy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Greetings,

I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback. We are a 100% non smoking hotel at this time as a result of feedback from our guests like you. Hope to see you again soon travel safe.

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

After booking at the Adams Mark, we thought we had booked a great deal! Thinking it was close to the concert venue. After walking back to the hotel, we walked into our room only to find EVERYTHING was gone, purses, clothes, shoes, makeup.... EVERYTHING. We went down to the front desk only to find out the rooms had been flooded. They took our incident report and we filed everything that had been damaged and I threw away the items that were damaged to no point of repair (the staff watched me do this). We had been guarenteed that we would be reimbursed through the insurance for all of the cost incureed. We then proceeded get somthing to eat from the rest. downstairs, we ordered 50 worth of room service... WHICH NEVER CAME, and we paid for it. When I went to the manager she got mad at me and accused me of cancelling the food. You would think a large hotel would want to take care of this right away, WRONG. The general manager, who I wont name took 2 MONTHS to get back to me, after me calling DAILY and staff promising they would get the message to him right away. NO response! When he finally did call me back, his response was to send all items back and they may consider.... when I said it would cost over 100 to send them back from where I live he said "well i guess there is nothing we can do for you".... I would NEVER EVER refer my worst enemy to this hotel.

Room Tip: I would advise to sleep in your car before paying $1 to stay at this place.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Adam's Mark Buffalo? Share your experiences!