“Buffalo weekend.....” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cambridge, Canada
“Buffalo weekend.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Booked hotel on line and wanted something close to downtown and the price was great....Very easy to find mins from the boarder. Entered the lobby and had a warm welcome from the front desk, the manager happened to be right there...introduced them self and ask what we where going to be done during are stay "baseball, dinner and clubbing" Well he said do you need tickets "yes we do" gave a FREE pair. Hotel are season ticket holders.
Parking is cheap only $10/day..in and out.
The rooms where very clean and modern, coffee maker,microwave and fridge.
Will be going back,
Thank you Adam's Mark Buffalo...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Travelled to Buffalo with my cousin to have a girl's weekend & after a lot of cross-border shopping, we wanted to get a good deal on a hotel so we booked through Hotwire and ended up at the Adam's Mark.

Great location right off the highway and about a 10 minutes drive from the Peace Bridge. Parking is $10 and having in and out priviledges a nice bonus. Check in first as you'll be given a red parking card that gives you access to the parking lot. Parking lot is hard to navigate (Very steep ramps!) but ample parking available.

Room was large, felt spacious with two people. We immediately checked for bed bugs (as we do in every hotel in the world), the matress and sheets were clean and no sign of bugs anywhere (phew! always a sigh of relief). Yes the room was outdated, there was a old tube Phillips TV and a few scratches and dings on the furniture and walls. Bathroom was fairly small, but once again clean so no complaints. Bed was very comfy and made for a good sleep.
My only qualm was that there was some old gum ground into the carpet right next to the bed and I kept stepping in it (gross!) easy to miss if you're cleaning as it's now the same colour as the carpet (managament: room 445 :)

Service from the staff was OK, the girl who checked us in didn't ask if we wanted to stay in a certain area of the hotel, i.e. away from elevators, are we light sleepers, etc. I didn't think to ask for a quiet room away from the street, so ended up that our window was right next to the highway and I was woken by the sound of the traffic early in the morning. Turning the A/C fan on fixed that luckily. Check out was painless, we didn't get dinged for our half an hour later check out which was a pleasant surprise as we overslept in the great bed.

From the type of traveller who's only in a hotel to change and sleep, this was a perfect location. As young people we wanted to be close to downtown & the bars/restuarants and nightlife, a cab onto Allen St. cost $9 and only took a few minutes. Will consider staying here again for future visits.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the highway
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

There was someone else's hair on every sheet when when we arrived asked it to be changed n they put new sheets on right over the mat with hair on it same comforter that had hair on it called room service for Danish and coffee and it took an hour I had to call n see how much longer and they said well u never gave us ur room number we did my husband said it to her I am very dissatisfied n will never be back for the rest of my life I would have rather burned the money than paid them to stay there

• Stayed June 2012
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

After a long drive (@ 4 hours) I went to check in. With both hands ladened with bags, I approached the desk to check in. Being a bit tired, I yawned as I walked toward the check in desk. As I did so, a pleasant gentleman, observing me yawning, walked up to me and said, "You look like you might like a cup of coffee." I said that would be great, I figured he was just making an obesrvation, and thought nothing more of it. A minute later, as I now stood at the desk, the same gentleman approached me with a fresh cup of coffee, as well as some creamers and sweetners. He said "I brought a little of everything, since I don't know how you take your coffee." I was really surpised by his kindness. It turned out that he was the Hotel's manager (his name was Keni), I thanked him for his kindness and told him that I had never had such an experience before in a hotel. What a great gesture on his part. It speaks volumes as to the terrific service I have received at the Adam's Mark - Buffalo over the years. It also speaks volumes as to Keni's dedication to his job and to the Adam's Mark.

Room Tip: The hallways are long, so I ask for a room near the elevators.
Jane Lew, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel June 4 - 7 for a conference and was very disappointed. I requested a king bed and was given a double that had some sort of pet hair on the bed. I was moved to a king room that was tired-looking. The room had a musty odor.

There is very little to eat in the area. The staff is completely unhelpful and seems annoyed that people are staying there.

My meeting was in the amazing grand ballroom however I left my binder and pens in the room overnight and returned the next morning to find everything was gone. The staff was unable to tell me what had happened to my stuff.

Don't waste your time with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
VisionsBuffalo, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dan,

I appreciate you taking time to review your stay at the Adams Mark Hotel & Events Center. I apologize for the mix up on your reservation and room type. After completing a several million dollar renovation to the guest rooms, lobby, restaurant and lounge, I am disappointed to hear your room was not up to standard. Please accept my sincerest apologies and I will be reviewing your experiences with our rooms division.

Manhattan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I would defiantly stay at the Adams Mark Hotel again, no problem no complaints everything is what I expected it to be. Free Wi-Fi in your room was a nice bonus.

Zachery,

Thank you for your review. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. Looking forward to your return visit to Buffalo.

Unadilla, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed there an there was amajor water leak an no one cared about it. Went to the front desk to tell them and told them emergency was going on so he had to finish his phone call first then ask me about it, Then they charged $10.00 a night for parking at their hotel WHO DOES THAT especially the price they charge???? then to top off the stay there were kids in hall all hours of the night making noise and DON'T FORGET THE POT SMELL in the hallway, which they were not worried about at all

Room Tip: Don't go there
Craig,

I appreciate you taking time to offer us some feedback on your visit to Buffalo. It was unfortunate that the sprinkler system was activated during your visit. I know my emergency response team did a fabolous job in investigating and responding. I apologize for your inconvenience during this crisis, it was our intention to make guest safety the first prioity and return to normal operation of the property. It truely was beyond our control and a situation we would not want our staff or guests to experience.

Jim Burke, General Manager

Been to Adam's Mark Buffalo? Share your experiences!