“Great Staff and excellent location” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Church Street, Buffalo, NY 14202   |
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Great Staff and excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stayed at the Adam;s mark over the Thanksgiving holiday. My first choice was closer to the airport, but then I thought, maybe I should be closer to family. Adam,s mark was my first choice for downtown Buffalo. I stayed there 4 or 5 years ago. I had my family with me, so we needed 2 rooms on the same floor. I made these reservations on the phone with the front desk. I used my AAA discount and received a great rate. The front desk person made checking in easy. Sometimes when you have 2 rooms, there is some confusion. The rooms were excellent, and very clean. I had easy access to downtown Buffalo and the freeway. I will stay there again. I travel to the area 2 or 3 times a year.

Room Tip: Instead of going on line all the time,get the phone number to the hotel and talk to the staff. Then...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hlohovec, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Part of the hotel's decor still reminds of 80s, but there has been some renovation done recently. It's not really a business hotel, it caters mostly to people staying over for Sabres games, conventions and also flight crews. The best part of the hotel is probably their bar, lots of friendly people where you can sit down and have a few double crown & cokes while having a good conversation. The hotel has a free shuttle that will take you to Sabres game.
Parking costs $10 a day, and the hotel has a free wifi.
I will stay here again when I'm back in Buffalo.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

My wife and I went to see a bills game and stayed here for the evening. For what you pay for it's great value! As long as you aren't picky about some areas of the hotel being out-dated. We did not eat at the restaurant although the menu did look good. The pool was nice, again nothing extravagant. Don't stay here for a romantic getaway but if you are trying to stay some place for a reasonable amount, in a good location this would be a great place to consider. My wife called in advance to see if we could check in before the football game and the lady was very rude and abrupt insisting we could not have an early check in. Once we got there I spoke with the staff at the counter and they were fantastic. Very courteous and helpful, they found us a room available and had no problem checking us in. Keep in mind when you book here you pay $10/night for parking so calculate that into your budget too.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Oshawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

For a 3 star hotel it was quite disappointing. Wireless internet was down and couldn't hook up to internet in room to check in with family at home. Called the IT help who sent maintenance who was in and out of our room 3 times then never came back leaving the problem unsolved. That wasted a couple of hours thus missing going to the pool before it closed. The bed sheets didn't fit. I got bit on the toe when i got in bed by what looked like a spider bite. I didn't see any other bugs. I could hear the highway all night until we put the air on at 4am to block the sound of the cars and the loud people in the hall.

Room Tip: maybe try executive suites since they are newer.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
P
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Thought is was going to be "nice" hotel. Not worth it. It was like a ghost hotel. The room was old feeling but suppose to be recently renovated. Will not return.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I was expecting a little bit nicer of a hotel, they were remodeling so that very well may be why I didn't look as I expected. Which was fine. The front desk were not very freindly, tried to make small talk but was totally ignored. I got to laughing at my husband trying to get her aknowledge that he said something to her. The rooms were o.k. didn't have enough towels but housekeeping did bring up more. I had a big problem with the coffee pot located in the bathroom??? No micowave, mini fridge or safe. We all got our bathing suits on and went to the pool. Forget it, it was freezing cold. So that was a little disappointing. Over all I would stay there again with hopes that the staff was just having a bad day and the remodeling would be completed.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper, walls are paper thin. Also book it through priceline, I...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I recently stayed at the Adams Mark in Buffalo and left an item behind. Hotel Manager Kenny was wonderful about tracking down the item and then had it FedExed to my home. My item arrived the day after I returned home. I appreciated the great service I received from this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Adam's Mark Buffalo? Share your experiences!