“average Best Western” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

When I arrived at the "BW on the Avenue" yesterday I was told there was no reservation for me. I had stayed here just last week - I'm on a contract in Buffalo. I had booked my reservation on the central BW site on Sunday - and had a confirmation number and an email on my phone to boot - but the front desk said I did not have a reservation. Subsequently I was told that my reservation had been cancelled that afternoon - yet I had been nowhere near the site all day! Needless to say, if they can't get their reservation system right, I will simply stay somewhere else. Other than that, it is a quiet place to stay, the staff are pleasant, there are no in-room refrigerators (but they will bring up a small unit if you ask), it's an 'okay' on the cleanliness scale but is showing some wear, and they have a resident parrot in the front lobby:)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've stayed at a LOT of Best Westerns. All of the staff at this one, though, were excellent! No matter what the time of day or night, they gave their customers service with a smile and a professionalism that you would expect at a Hilton or a Ritz-Carlton. Truly terrific! I organized a fairly large group of guests to be here over a weekend for a big event in town, and everyone raved about how easy it was to make reservations, how nice the staff was, and how comfortably they slept, etc. We will definately come back to this property when we have to stay in Buffalo again! Thank you Best Western on the Avenue!

Room Tip: The elevator was a bit confusing, but the front desk was very helpful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Was in town for a tournament and chose this hotel on the basis of what my other friends were doing. I don't usually spend over $100 a night, but in this case the convenience and amenities were worth it. We fell into totally comfortable beds in a quiet room, and felt secure in leaving the more part of our possessions in the vehicle.

Staff was very helpful and courteous. The bird in the lobby was entertaining while we waited for service.

Breakfast on Sunday morning was a Good Thing (tm) and got us on the road at a decent hour.

Very happy with this choice and will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed overnight when we went to a concert. The online reservation was easy, the clerk personable, friendly and helpful. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful and arranged for our cab. She told us about the motel and the great gray parrot Simba that is in the lobby!!! Excellent check in. In the am we had very helpful and friendly staff check us out. The lobby and room was very clean, no complaints. The parking was safe with cameras watching over the car. Heightened security by activating the elevator with our room key. We would stay again with no hesitation. (They did have a large breakfast bar but we did not partake!) Enjoy!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hinsdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I recently stayed at Best Western on the Ave. for 3 nights.I want to thank Teresa and Joann for making me feel so welcome at the Motel. Your Lobby is gorgeous and Simba (the parrot) is great. My 5 year old grandson is still talking about him.
My only complaint.. your internet did not like my room, I could connect in the lobby though.

I would highly recommend your motel.

Thanks again Teresa and Joanne.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN On The Avenue? Share your experiences!