“Excellent Staff at this Best Western!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #11 of 21 hotels in Buffalo
Rochester, New York
“Excellent Staff at this Best Western!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've stayed at a LOT of Best Westerns. All of the staff at this one, though, were excellent! No matter what the time of day or night, they gave their customers service with a smile and a professionalism that you would expect at a Hilton or a Ritz-Carlton. Truly terrific! I organized a fairly large group of guests to be here over a weekend for a big event in town, and everyone raved about how easy it was to make reservations, how nice the staff was, and how comfortably they slept, etc. We will definately come back to this property when we have to stay in Buffalo again! Thank you Best Western on the Avenue!

Room Tip: The elevator was a bit confusing, but the front desk was very helpful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Was in town for a tournament and chose this hotel on the basis of what my other friends were doing. I don't usually spend over $100 a night, but in this case the convenience and amenities were worth it. We fell into totally comfortable beds in a quiet room, and felt secure in leaving the more part of our possessions in the vehicle.

Staff was very helpful and courteous. The bird in the lobby was entertaining while we waited for service.

Breakfast on Sunday morning was a Good Thing (tm) and got us on the road at a decent hour.

Very happy with this choice and will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed overnight when we went to a concert. The online reservation was easy, the clerk personable, friendly and helpful. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful and arranged for our cab. She told us about the motel and the great gray parrot Simba that is in the lobby!!! Excellent check in. In the am we had very helpful and friendly staff check us out. The lobby and room was very clean, no complaints. The parking was safe with cameras watching over the car. Heightened security by activating the elevator with our room key. We would stay again with no hesitation. (They did have a large breakfast bar but we did not partake!) Enjoy!!

Hinsdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I recently stayed at Best Western on the Ave. for 3 nights.I want to thank Teresa and Joann for making me feel so welcome at the Motel. Your Lobby is gorgeous and Simba (the parrot) is great. My 5 year old grandson is still talking about him.
My only complaint.. your internet did not like my room, I could connect in the lobby though.

I would highly recommend your motel.

Thanks again Teresa and Joanne.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel was relatively clean and the staff were pretty friendly. The big problem I had with this hotel was that the internet was down for my entire stay and I was told a discount could not be given for this reason. As I was a visitor from Canada, I did not have internet access on my phone and the lack of internet caused some serious problems finding places to go, things to do, and places to eat in a foreign city.

Room Tip: Even though the website advertises that all rooms have refrigerators, they do not. If you'd like...
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went to a concert at the First Niagara Center. 4 of us stayed in a double queen room which was pretty roomy and comfortable. The customer service was great! Everyone was so friendly and when we left breakfast with full hands, the front desk kindly offered to open the elevator for us. Things like that make a stay so nice! The hotel lobby and elevator are very nice and remodeled. Our room was nice, but wall paper was peeling in the top corner of the room and the bathroom needs a few maintenance upkeeps done. We were within walking distance of many bars and restaurants. The subway was a few blocks from the hotel. Clean and affordable! I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN On The Avenue? Share your experiences!