“Great stay great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #10 of 20 hotels in Buffalo
Rochester, New York
“Great stay great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed overnight when we went to a concert. The online reservation was easy, the clerk personable, friendly and helpful. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful and arranged for our cab. She told us about the motel and the great gray parrot Simba that is in the lobby!!! Excellent check in. In the am we had very helpful and friendly staff check us out. The lobby and room was very clean, no complaints. The parking was safe with cameras watching over the car. Heightened security by activating the elevator with our room key. We would stay again with no hesitation. (They did have a large breakfast bar but we did not partake!) Enjoy!!

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hinsdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I recently stayed at Best Western on the Ave. for 3 nights.I want to thank Teresa and Joann for making me feel so welcome at the Motel. Your Lobby is gorgeous and Simba (the parrot) is great. My 5 year old grandson is still talking about him.
My only complaint.. your internet did not like my room, I could connect in the lobby though.

I would highly recommend your motel.

Thanks again Teresa and Joanne.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel was relatively clean and the staff were pretty friendly. The big problem I had with this hotel was that the internet was down for my entire stay and I was told a discount could not be given for this reason. As I was a visitor from Canada, I did not have internet access on my phone and the lack of internet caused some serious problems finding places to go, things to do, and places to eat in a foreign city.

Room Tip: Even though the website advertises that all rooms have refrigerators, they do not. If you'd like...
Finger Lakes Wine Country Region, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went to a concert at the First Niagara Center. 4 of us stayed in a double queen room which was pretty roomy and comfortable. The customer service was great! Everyone was so friendly and when we left breakfast with full hands, the front desk kindly offered to open the elevator for us. Things like that make a stay so nice! The hotel lobby and elevator are very nice and remodeled. Our room was nice, but wall paper was peeling in the top corner of the room and the bathroom needs a few maintenance upkeeps done. We were within walking distance of many bars and restaurants. The subway was a few blocks from the hotel. Clean and affordable! I would stay again.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was pet friendly. We went to Buffalo for the Leafs/Sabres game. We were extremely disappointed at the quality of the room. We were given a room that was not renovated because we brought our 9lb. dog. There was not extra fee for the dog which was nice. However, the quality of this room was honestly not fit for my dog. She has travelled all over North America and Europe and never stayed in such a sub-standard room. She could sniff the accidents the other dogs had on the room`s carpets herself. The carpeting was filthy and the bedspread questionable. The bathroom was old, dated and in need of a good cleaning. Needless to say, I didn`t even shower. I would have gladly signed a paper saying that any damage my dog causes can be billed to my credit card, (I have gladly done this many times). When I mentioned the quality of the room to Teresa at the front desk she said that it was a very nice room. I was really dumbfounded and insulted at this comment as my dog and I have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels and this room I rate as substandard. The free use of the laptops and wifi was appreciated and the coffee room was good. The breakfast, although self-serve and simple was good. I cannot recommend this hotel for travellers with dogs as they will be placed in sub-standard rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've stayed here a few times over the years and am always pleased. It's pretty basic, but convenient to a lot of different Buffalo destinations. The staff was extremely friendly, courteous, and professional. The room was clean and quiet. Well...the heating unit made a bit of Intrusive noise throughout the evening, but nothing major. Simba the parrot still greets customers in the lobby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN On The Avenue? Share your experiences!