“Dated but sufficient” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Delmar, New York
“Dated but sufficient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in September while in Buffalo for business. The hotel is in a good location - Close to downtown, restaurants and bars. The area seems safe, however, the front desk does tell you to make sure to remove any valuables from the car. Good practice, but makes me leary of the area.

The lobby is small but the bird is pretty cool to come back to. The rooms are straight out of the 1980s. Very basic, no extras.

The breakfast is just ok. I have had better at comparable hotels.

I may stay at again, but would probably check out other options in the area to see how they are.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
kingston, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The staff was very friendly and professional. Unfortunately the room did not meet my expectations. There was mold on the bathtub tile and in the grout - especially around the soap dish - yuck! I was also not impressed with the plastic sheet under the badly wrinkled bottom sheet on the bed. On the plus side the free 24 hour coffee in the lobby was nice. Since cleanliness if a priority for me I would opt for a different hotel on my next visit to Buffalo.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

High spot is a 16 year old African gray parrot in the lobby. Nice to find an elevator for a change and security is good - you need your key card to get above ground floor.

Room is nice, my wife liked the heat lamp in the bathroom. TV is old and small.

Room Tip: The clerks were helpful, picked a location best for us: I wanted a room near the elevator since I am...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Baxter, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

What a wonderful stay in Buffalo. Reason for trip was nephews wedding. Our room, the service, the employees, from top to bottom was AWSOME! Everyone was willing to assist when needed.
Daniell, Theresa and Dawn were exceptional. Every housekeeper, every employee I had any interaction with were outstanding! The old saying saving the best for last, well I am! Vernon, "the man"! What an enjoyable, helpful attentive guard, you are the BEST!!!
Thank you all for your help and service. It is very obvious you all enjoy your job and feel "ownership" in your place of employment!
I will be back!!.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We are actually still at the property as I write this review. It's a good value hotel - clean, somewhat updated, and the room is a decent size. I'd come back here without a doubt when travelling to Buffalo.

The most impressive feature are the staff who work here - friendly, helpful, and willing to go out of their way to assist us. When we arrived, we asked if a small refrigerator was available. Allie, the front desk staff, said she wasn't sure there were any available but said she'd look anyway. Within minutes she called and then came to our room an plugged it in for us saying she was just happy to help.

The morning breakfast host was as friendly as can be! The choices for continental breakfast were wide enough ranging that anyone could find something they would like. If there is any criticism, the coffee is entirely too weak.

It was a good visit. I'd come back to explore the area a bit as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Warren, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We arrived at the hotel at 4:30, and was given keys for both rooms I booked. We found none of the rooms were cleaned when we got to the 4th floor. The maid who was cleaning the room next door told us to go back to the lobby because she didn't know we were coming in, and our new rooms would definitely be on a different floor. So we all went down, with all our children and luggage, and was told that there was only one room ready at that time if we wanted to stay on the same floor. So we went to the clean room, still on the 4th floor, and they called the room in about 30min telling me to go down the lobby for the key of the other room. We understand that these things happen, and we were not in a hurry for anything so that was not a problem for us to wait and go between our room and lobby for several times. What we were unhappy with was that nobody from the hotel said "sorry", not even for ONCE. Won't stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My partner and I spent 5 days in Buffalo on an architectural/winery tour. Both of us were pleasantly surprised by the hospitality at this wonderfully located hotel. It's near the eclectic Allentown and Elmwood Village neighborhoods, as well as being within walking distance to downtown. Many nice restaurants are within walking distance, too. The beautiful Delaware Park area is only a 10 minute ride away.

The staff was extremely helpful in suggesting where to go, eat, etc. The breakfasts were typical hotel fare--which was fine with us (especially since they were included with the room). The rooms themselves were clean, quiet, comfortable.

If you're going to Buffalo to spend some time in the city itself, I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN On The Avenue? Share your experiences!