“This is the worst hotel. Ever.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #11 of 22 hotels in Buffalo
“This is the worst hotel. Ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011 via mobile

When we got here, the parking lot was full so we had to park in the back. The outside of the hotel was full of mosquitos and bugs. Then when we finally got in the hotel, we got stuck in the elevator because you had to put your room key in and all this other stuff in other to get it to work. So we managed to get on the 3rd floor with the help of other people. When we walked into the hallway, it smelled really weird, sort of like smoke. After that, we came to our room and opened the door and voila- a dirty disgusting looking room. The bathroom had grimy walls and the floors looked like it hadn't been vacuumed. On the bed we found hair and the sheets were itchy. Luckily, we were only staying for one night. Although the front desk staff were pretty nice. I'd have to say this was DEFINITELY NOT worth the $177 I payed.

• Stayed July 2011

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mahopac, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I had to take the bar exam at the Buffalo convention center - which was not the original plan. The hotel was a bright spot in the trip though. The staff really knew how to take care of our fragile bar examinee temperaments and bent over backwards to make our stay as stress free as possible. The 6AM breakfast on the test days was key! I'm not sure if I'll be back in Buffalo, but if I did come back, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Upon check in we were upgraded to a jacuzzi suite (room 406). The lobby is very nice, cute little grey parrot named Simba (who the front desk staff talks to... haha), the elevator was a bit slow and hot but the room was absolutely spectacular!! HUGE suite with a big king bed that just begged to be jumped on. There was a mirrored wall behind the jacuzzi tub in the bedroom - the tub was HUGE. Big enough for two adults with room to spare.
Separate bathroom had a toilet, mirrored wall and big walk-in tiled shower. I wish we had stayed longer than one night.
Great location for restaurants, sight seeing. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Bradford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel while a family member received care at Roswell Park. The hotel offers discounts for such events which is really nice. The hotel itself looks new/modern and is clean throughout. The staff encountered were friendly. They provide a small breakfast each morning. There is no pool but the location is convenient for most things in downtown Buffalo. We usually try to stay away from hotels in downtown locations, but this was a pleasant surprise and we would definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I expected a Best Western to be good. The staff were friendly, there is a convenient hotel parking lot, and the decor was nice, but there was a strong smell in hallway and room, there were hairs under the pillows, the wireless signal was not strong,and the breakfast left a lot to be desired. A homeless man was also in the parking lot when we arrived. Not the quality I expected from this chain.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

The location is great, staff very friendly and helpful. However, the rooms were tidy, but not super clean-I.e shower tile stained and old. Water pressure in shower undependable -and would get hot/cold if toilet in our room or other ( upstairs?) was flushed. It was fine for our short stay, but for the money, I felt we could've found better.

• Stayed April 2011
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Best Western in Buffalo so much that I had to write a review. The desk staff was so knowledgeable about the area, they advised me about restaurants and sightseeing destinations. The continental breakfast was great--the breakfast room was clean and well stocked. My room was spotless and the cleaning staff was polite and friendly. All in all it was a superb stay and I would recommend this hotel to everyone!
I wish every hotel staff everywhere cared as much as this staff does about their guests!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN On The Avenue? Share your experiences!