“Fabulous Lunch - will def visit again!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Amherst, New York
“Fabulous Lunch - will def visit again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Came here for my birthday lunch solo for a lil "me" time. After being helped by the nicest little waitress; I ordered the risoto with tiger shrimp. I wanted to add on scallops so she went and checked and informed me that it would be $4 dollars a scallop! Eyebrows raised I ordered 3 scallops at her recommendation and man the meal did not disappoint! I am a hard to please customer and let me tell you... from my lemonberry cocktail to my dessert everything was top notch! I will definitely give this place a thumbs up and will visit this restaurant again. Not many restaurants of this caliber open for lunch and they did not disappoint!

Chester, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I visited this restaurant early one sunny evening and sat outside. I was expecting to have a really nice couple of hours sat in the sunshine. I don't know whether it was because I was on my own but I felt that I was more of a nuisance to them. It killed my appetite straight away and I just ordered a pizza. I ate in a lot of different restaurants in Buffalo during my week away (alone) and was always met with friendliness and made to feel very welcome. Although the food was OK (quite expensive for Italian) this was this least favourite of my places to eat whilst I was in Buffalo.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hamburg, New York
“Dinner Yes....Brunch NO!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went to a much anticipated brunch after going there for dinner. The difference is night and day.....the food served at brunch was to say the least....awful! There were 4 of us....two had the steak and eggs.....it was ordered at the recommendation of the server. The steak was of very poor quality. I and another diner order the benedict....don't know where they learned how to make Hollandaise sauce....but it was nothing like I expected.
Also...the server never even came over to ask how the food was....that should be a clue I guess.

I will go back for dinner....but never again for brunch.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Michigan
“So-so overall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Three of us had dinner here last night. When I called for reservations they hemmed and hawed about not having anything until 8:30. They finally agreed to squeeze us in at 6:30. Oddly, plenty of tables were open the entire time we were there. I bristled a bit when the waiter (Dave?) called me "dear." ICK! He was personable but I don't want to be called any endearments by my waiter. I ordered a terrific glass of red wine and perused the menu. Menu is interesting and has a variety of pasta, meat and fish. Hubby had a frutti de mare pasta which he called good but not great. I had the ravioli with goat cheese and mushrooms. Good but not very warm. Our friend ordered a pizza. Said it was good. She had a glass of wine and hubby had a soda. One dessert to share (good tiramisu!) and the bill with tip was $120.
The good: wine, menu selections and quick refills on water.
The bad: waiter never asked about a second glass of wine, food was lukewarm and the requested soda refill never appeared.
This was our first night in the Buffalo area so I can't rank this restaurant compared to others in town.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York, United States
“LOVE the Main St location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

On the night of our engagement, no other restaurant would do for intimacy, food quality, & service. We return for our anniversary & whenever we can justify the expense. Meals are not a bad value but a pleasant evening for two with a few glasses of wine and the nice tip they'll earn will run $75-$100 vs. the $40-$50 we would spend on a less formal trip to Fridays.

• Visited December 2012