“community diner” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Troy, New York
“community diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Even though the diner is on a 6 or 8 lane stretch of NY Rt 5 just south of Buffalo, the diner has a real community diner feel. The owners take pride in the place, but the place is from the 1950s, so it is a little dated. But if you get past that, it's simply an enjoyable place to have a breakfast.

Visited January 2012

Toronto
“Comfortable; Nice People, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

As real aficionados of classic diners, we "lucked out" earlier today on our way to "Graycliff"; a Frank Lloyd Wright masterpiece on the shores of Lake Erie. Good wholesome breakfast; masterful job on the hash browns; and incredibly nice people...if you are anywhere around West Buffalo and are driving on Highway 5 near Hamburg...do yourself a favour and stop in....been there for seventy years...easy to see why!

Visited June 2011
Boynton Beach, Florida
“A Classic diner in Woodlawn - historic in this writer's mind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Back in the '70's, I use to stop in here for breakfast with my land survey crew. Great coffee, French toast, pancakes, always clean. Last summer, I was driving down Lake shore Rd with my daughter-in-law and 3 grandkids. We already had dinner but wanted some dessert so in we went. I felt like my clock went backwards for 40 years! Very little changed -sure it was a little worn but still very clean and VERY friendly. When I told the young waitress my 'story' she went and got the owner and we had a nice chat about the past and the Woodlawn area. We ordered pies and ice cream sundaes with the same great coffee. I'd like to say the menu hadn't changed but the prices were still most reasonable and everything you'd expect from a diner - it looked 'typed'! Friday fish fry, steak dinners one day a week, pot roast. Hope to make it back there again soon. Also check out the photos and signs on the walls - if you're from the area it'll bring back memories.

• Visited July 2010