“Great food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bakeries
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Kitchener, Canada
“Great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

After visiting city hall and driving around downtown Buffalo we decided we needed something to eat. We didn’t see a lot of options driving around downtown, so we headed back to our B&B and on the way stopped along Hertel and decided on this place.

We started with the large Risotto ball to share - AWESOME!

My wife had the pumpkin/squash ravioli in Gorgonzola sauce, and I had the lobster ravioli (can’t remember the sauce though). We were both very pleased with our choices. Oh, and the bread came with an olive infused humus - it was totally awesome!

The weather was perfect for the patio. Very happy we decided to eat here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Frederick, Maryland
“Delicious, homemade food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stopped in with friends for a quick bite, and we all loved our food. We will definitely be back! We ate on the cafe side, and enjoyed our delicious panninis!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Fresh, Innovative taste pairings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The food is just delicious and so fresh! The salads have luscious dressing pairings and the Italian specialties are fantastic.

• Visited September 2013
New York
“Lunch with best friend...really good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My best friend and I stopped in for lunch yesterday, after reading the reviews. The restaurant is very cute...old world Italian decor. There is an outdoor seating area, as well. We each ordered a pizza....she chose a vegetarian style and I opted for pepperoni. This is a very good thin crust ....I used to prefer the thick style, but I think this may have changed my mind. We each could only eat half, and took the rest home. We did, however, have room for dessert! The baked good display was too tempting to pass up....and our selections did not disappoint! I would definitely recommend .....we didn't have trouble finding a good parking spot, even at noon. :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Definitely the place for pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I never miss an opportunity to stop by here for, what I consider, the very BEST pizza in Buffalo. My husband is a true New Yorker and is very serious about his "Pie" We have never been able to find a single pizza that ranks to his favorites in NYC ..............until Romeo & Juliet's.
Love their salads, my favorite pizza is the basic Marguerita...........beautiful thin crust with just a hint of crispness.
I do find the menu a bit sparse as to entrees. We have only been in for pizza.
I wish their pizzas would come in different sizes. The desserts here are top quality; I have never had such a delicate, tasty cannoli.
The staff I very friendly and very knowledgeable to product and service. This is a must stop for a casual dinner. Outside street patio in the summer months.

• Visited August 2013