“Ambience was amazing, food and service were horrible!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Templeton Landing

Templeton Landing
2 Templeton Ter, Buffalo, NY 14202-4309 (Formerly Shanghai Red's - Buffalo)
716-852-7337
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Erie St.
Transit: 2 blocks away
“Ambience was amazing, food and service were horrible!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend took me out to Templeton Landing to enjoy a nice Sunday dinner away from the kids. When we arrived the scenery was breath taking! The valet was prompt and courteous, rushing over to open my door for me and asking me how I was. The walk in was very nice also, we stopped to look at the coy pond and the romantic fire place. The host was also very courteous and had a great attitude. He sat us outside by the water. The ambience was amazing, breathtaking even. The waitress came over (Erica). She seemed very distracted. She took our drink order and then we waited about 10 minutes until a sweet blonde waitress came over and asked us if anyone has even been over to us yet. We told her that we were taken care of but we were still waiting for our drinks. About 5 minutes later our waitress brought over our waters, but still no drinks. Finally, she came back about another 5 minutes with our drinks. Our calamari was delicious and out in a reasonable amount of time. Erica then took our entree order. We waited a good 20 30 minutes and then my boyfriend received his prime rib, which was decently and I recieved my filet mignon. I asked for my filet to be cooked medium rare. The outside was done but the inside was as rare as I see it in the grocery store. I explained to Erica that it was very rare and with a slight attitude she brought it to the kitchen. She brought it back a few minutes later apologizing, but when I started to eat it it was the most disgusting steak I ever ate before. I knew this meal was expensive and I didn't want to upset my boyfriend so I tried to eat it, washing it down with water until I was sick to my stomach. I then made my boyfriend try it and his exact words were "this is gross". Our waitress was missing again and when she returned she asked how everything was and we both made a face and said its okay. She didn't catch on and were both very quiet and don't like to complain and frankly I was a little scared of her. I then asked a different waiter for the manager and he tried to get me to talk to him before getting the manager but then our waitress came up with more attitude. The manager (Chris) came out and was very nice when I told him our problem. He also said he'd take it off our bill. We returned to our seats to watch Chris and Erica talk about the situation and watch Erica ubnoxiously laugh and stare at us. Chris then brought us our revised bill and tried to get me to eat something else, but my stomach couldn't take anymore. He told us that Erica would be right back to run our bill. 15 minutes later I turned to my boyfriend and said " I don't see a difference between this place and Denny's so lets walk our bill up" our waitress was sitting at a table talking to another waitress. I then waved down the manager and played dumb saying " did u say she was going to come back so we could pay our bill or should we just walk it up" he looked for Erica, she ran over and said "I've got it" and grabbed the bill. I mmust say that this was priced way to high for the experience I had. I would've rather ate off the dollar menu at mcdonalds. I work at a hotel and we are always recommending restaurants and I will definitely give my opinion to them on this restaurant!

• 1 of 5 stars Food

Buffalo, New York
“Great View...Slow Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We sat outside on the terrace which hd beautiful views. The weather was great! The staff was friendly but, the actual service was poor. It took almost 20 minutes for our server to bring us drinks. The bar was 20 feet away from our table!!! The food is ok-- not great. If you go- enjoy the terrace and the view. Go to the bar to get drinks and just have the appetizers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Lakeside dining at its best.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I was at this restaurant several times in the past under other names. The frequent change of name/management indicated that there are problems, but in fact, each time it has gotten better.

Templeton Landing is a great place to take the family for Sunday brunch. The high quality of the food and professional and friendly service make the place shine.

The view of Lake Erie is not the very best, but still is good and the prices are reasonable.

If you are in the Buffalo area and want a very good yet reasonable restaurant on Lake Erie, this is the place for you...and the family.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Thoroughly enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

After reading & hearing terrible things about this place, a friend & I were at the waterfront yesterday & decided just to have a drink on their terrace. well, we were so warmly welcomed by the staff that we had lunch as well . The food was great, drinks were exactly as ordered & I can't say enough about the crew. Even the manager took time to say hello & to see that we were happy. The place was spotless. I urge those who had bad experiences to give it another try. The fantastic setting is not to miss.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Upstate NY
“Food sucks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Staff sucks....and food sucks... view is blocked by bar where bartenders are more interested in hooking up than serving... there that should be 100 characters.....

Visited May 2012