“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Buffalo, New York
“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

We went here after a wonderful day and had the WORST customer service from the owner himself. Do not ever send anything back at this place as they will not let you order a replacement and will argue with you about it and embarass you in front of the whole place. I cannot even rate the food above as I did not get any.

30% Recommend
buffalo ny
“This is the worst restaurant on Hertel Avenue”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

If you want Italian on Hertel go to Lombardo's or La Marina. The food here is mediocre at best and the wait staff is inexperienced and clueless. The owner was busy flirting with a bunch of women and never paid attention to the constant chaos in the dining room. Too many options to waste time with this place.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
ixr
“Save your time and money - eat elsewhere!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

My husband and I sampled La Dolce Vita with 2 friends during Restaurant Week. The food was mediocre, they had run out of several items on the menu, and half of my meal came out cold and had to be sent back (only to come back out 1 minute later, obviously microwaved). To taste the side-dishes were bland and my pistachio-crusted salmon was overcooked and unexciting. The service was very disappointing - the waitress kept promising to bring items (straws, bread, drinks) but forgot them, and when we asked someone else about them, she brought the items out and practically threw them at us. Two people slipped and fell during the time were were dining, and a closer look at the floor revealed wet areas that obviously went unnoticed by the staff. We will certainly not be returning to this restaurant.

Town Of Tonawanda
“BRRRRRRRRRR COLD!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

If you are looking to still feel like you are outside then this is the place. last week had dinner at La Dolce Vita Caffe' & Bistro and it was so cold that my dinner was like I took it out of my frig. I guess if you can eat within 2 min. you would enjoy it but if the owner of the place can't turn the heat on maybe he/ or she shold only open in the summer ! Thank but I will never eat there again food was a 1 star at best !!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
buffalo
“Hertel's Worst Restaurant.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

I ate at la doce vita for the first time about a month ago, and the food was less than average. We got the stuffed peppers which were the worst I have ever had in my life they were stuffed with Spinach (out of a can) and not much else. We had the filo dough appetizer as well, which was also overpowered by this horific tasting spinach. For dinner I had the chicken with portablla mushrooms in a chardonay sauce, which tasted ok but the portion would barely fill up a child. Being the optomist that I am I decided to try this restaurant again, as I live a few blocks away. BIG MISTAKE...it was even worse than the first time. We waited 20 minutes for the waiter to clear off a dirty table so we could sit down. Once seated we waited another 20 minutes for someone to come over and wait on us. Once we were done waiting we were served by two waitresses (one was dumber than the next). We ordered the bruscett, which was very good, but took about 40 minutes to get. You get soup or salad with your dinner, so I tried the soup of the day which was bbq bean and bacon. The beans and baco were no where to be found in my soup. I had, what tasted like warm watered down bbq sauce, so I asked the waitress if I could have a house salad instead. And she brought me their version of a salad......lettuce....and half a cucumber slice. I'm not one to complain so I thought I'd just suck it up and eat it.....until I tasted the blue cheese dressing which had gone bad. When the waitress came back and asked if I was finished with my salad (which I took one bite of) I said yes.....she didn't even think to ask why I hadn't ate any of it. Then our dinner comes, I ordered the veal special which was $20.00. It was supposed to be veal rollups with capicolla and red peppers in the middle served with risotto and veggies. What I got was one piece of veal cut in half to make "rollups". The veal was good but I have gotten larger portions at the taste of Buffalo. The risotto and the veggies were ok, but still very small portions. My friend orded the pasta concetta $19.95 which had 3 shrimp (cocktail sized that curly up to be the size of a qurter when cooked) 2 sea scallops(the small ones) A complete rip off!!!! We were also served flat pop! When we told the waitress that we thought things were horrible she said sorry and "I'll be right back with your bill". She never asked us what was wrong or if there was anything she could do. I live off hertel avenue, so I eat there often. Go anywhere else on hertel avenue and I gurantee you will have better food and service.