“Great service, wine and food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 819 Restaurants in Buffalo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin
Ocean Ridge, Florida
“Great service, wine and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Fantastic restaurant and I highly recommend it. We arrived without a reservation and they were able to seat us for dinner. Our server, Berto, was awesome. Great service and he was very knowledgeable on the wine list and their entire menu and was fantastic at assisting us with some great recommendations. The restaurant has a GREAT cheese menu, which we selected three to start. We wanted to enjoy several of the small plates instead of separate entrees . We ordered the tuna tartar, roasted beets and the pear salad. Every single item was fantastic! Great ambiance, service, presentation and food. We will definitely dine at Bacchus again next time we visit Buffalo.

Visited April 2013

Cheektowaga, New York
“Always fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a true dining experience!!! I first came to Bacchus as recommended by a co-worker and I wasn't disappointed. I'm often nervous that something will happen, the food will change, the atmosphere will be different... no no.. it's always that little piece of heaven I'm hoping it is. DEF must try the free range chicken! To dieeeee for! It will make you question every piece of chicken you put in your mouth from that day forward!

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“As great as I remembered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I found this place when he was living in the area, and we loved it. Since he moved we haven't been back, but when I was in the area with my mother recently we went. And it's just as amazing as I remember!

Cute atmosphere, amazing wine selection and delicious food. The mushroom soup special was amazing like I remember, as we're the small plates we tried. Our entrees were also great - I had the chicken. Only issue was the buttermilk dressing on it - a little overpowering.

Ultimately a great place for a nice night out. I hope to return again soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheektowaga, New York
“Excellent !!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The atmosphere was elegant, the food was to die for, & the serve was great. Never know this restaurant was on W. Chippewa St. I'm so glad I googled it! I will definitely recommend it to friends and family. I will also be going back very soon. A friend and I that went here the other night will be taking a friend of ours for her retirement.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, NY
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I haven't been to Bacchus for a few years, but those years haven't been so kind to this downtown Buffalo eatery. The wine service was fine, but to have to stand at the hostess station and wait until our table was set in a half empty restaurant was not. Overall, the place felt lively, and service was friendly, but slo..ow. And the food, besides a top-noth Caeser, was just okay.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere