“A Wonderful Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

716-858-3118
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria 166 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 930 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Windsor, California
“A Wonderful Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

In Buffalo for business with two of my associates I chose Osteria 166 due to the (at the time) 9/9 5 star reviews. I am more than happy to help make it 11/11. The food is exceptional with budget conscious and more elaborate items. House made Italian Sausage campanelle was excellent but the pork osso bucco was phenomenal. Presentation was elegantly understated and the flavor combinations exceptional. The limited menu still offered something for everyone and allowed the kitchen to concentrate on every dish resulting in one of the better meals I have had, and definitely the best in Buffalo. Nick is a gracious host and all the staff seemed genuinely interested in making sure the whole experience was top notch. If I have to pick one thing to suggest it is the wine glasses, which are perfectly functional but a bit heavier and clunkier than a (admitted) wine geek like myself would prefer. All in all the next time I find myself in Buffalo I will definitely be returning to Osteria 166.

• Visited September 2013

Williamsville, New York
“Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went to Osteria 166 and had a fabulous meal. I had the filet that melted in your mouth with grilled asparagus. Two of my favorites. They did not disappoint. I love the way Osteria is decorated. Wish I could bring some of it home with me. Definitely a restaurant we will be going back to many times. Nice to see a restaurant thriving downtown and hockey is just starting.

Derby. NY
“Cute downtown resturant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Osteria 166 is in the heart of downtown Buffalo, the city is making a come back & it was nice to see this resturant packed on a Sat. night. It's not very large, but cozy. Nice long bar, with great drinks. Dining room nice, well decorated, tables are a little close together. Food was very good & good size portions. Everyone very friendly & they all know the menu when you ask questions. Plan to go back again, fun night with good friends.

• Visited September 2013
St. Catharines, Canada
“Innovative Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at Osteria 166 twice in the past month and can't wait to return again. On this last visit we realized there is a Wednesday "date night" special for only $40 which comes with a bottle of wine, entree and dessert. There is something for everyone on the menu; I love the oven roasted beet carpaccio salad with arugula and goats cheese to start. I tried the halibut special this time, it was perfectly cooked and I was able to substitute the couscous for a gluten free side. My husband had eaten the homemade ravioli and spaghetti and meatballs; meatball was the size of a softball! For dessert so many wonderful options but I cannot leave without having the chocolate pistachio terrine, which is also gluten free. The wine list is carefully selected with many options. We enjoyed a Massimo Sauvignon blanc this time. The atmosphere is casual and rustic, and families are welcome. There are many family photos of the owner and his family here and we love that Nick has put his heart and soul into the place. It really shows on the plate, and in the outstanding service. Can't wait to return!

Buffalo, New York
“Fabulous Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

What a great addition to the downtown restaurant scene! Osteria 166 has wonderful food and a great atmosphere. The owner is always on hand to greet you and make sure you are having a great meal. There is a huge bar, an outdoor patio and a great dining room, The menu has lots of apps and sandwiches (the homemade burrata is a favorite of mine) and the entrees can be ordered family style. You won't be disappointed!!