“Great breakfast! Good value!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #328 of 919 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Description: Bertha's is a 50s style diner with a menu that reads like a little piece of Buffalo. You can have classics like an omelet or a good old tuna melt, but don't forget to try some of the Buffalo favorites like home fries, Italian sausage and fried bologna steaks. Monday: 7:00am - 2:00pm Tuesday: 7:00am - 2:00pm Wednesday: 7:00am - 2:00pm Thursday: 7:00am - 2:00pm Friday: 7:00am - 2:00pm Saturday: 7:00am - 2:00pm Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm Now Open 7 days a week!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great breakfast! Good value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

A nice little neighborhood restaurant. I bought the Groupon deal which was a good deal but we would go back without the coupon. We got the special waffle, which came with lots of whipped cream, fresh strawberries and blueberries. It was so good! I got the #3 with eggs, bacon, home fries, and toast. Great, good deal. We tried the friend banana bread, no worth $3 but delicious. The coffee was great with unlimited refills. The service was great and refilled our cups all the time. Very nice place!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Do Not get Take Out!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

It was a Saturday morning and I just moved into my new apartment the night before so there was no food in my new place. I decided to go to Bertha's and order my breakfast TO GO. As I have eaten here before the red white and blue waffles are my FAVORITE which I ordered this day, I was happy to wait a half hour after my order was taken. It was Saturday morning and the small restaurant was buzzing. I was patient and pleasant to the hard working staff. I paid and tipped very well, before the food was handed to me I asked the waitress "Are you sure everything is in the bag?" She said yes and handed me the take out. I had two coffees and they didn't have a drink carrier, when I got home opened my food containers I realized they didn't put any butter syrup or whipped cream in my order. After I spilled one coffee trying to carry the breakfast I so badly wanted to ingest, I had to go back and ask for the missing condiments. The waitress expressed to me that she figured I had taken the butter off the counter my self and had the syrup and whipped cream at my home. Now I have been a server and bartender for over 10 years, and I have never assumed people got their own condiments for their take out. Also if you forgot, you forgot mistakes happen take some responsibility for your mistake. To make matters worse I had to ask for a bag for the condiments and put them in myself, by the time I got home it was over an hour since I left my house the first time and my breakfast had to be re heated in the microwave.There is nothing more disappointing then getting home settling down to eat a meal you are looking forward to eating and missing key parts of that meal. After the run around and re heat, the meal was still very good. I only recommend eating in. Don't waste a perfect Saturday morning on running back to a restaurant for forgotten items!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Awesome Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The friendliest, most helpful staff. Unique items on their breakfast menu, all delicious. Make sure you have their grilled Blueberry Banana Bread. Scrumptious! My only complaint is that I was upselled on the toast — was offered sourdough as an option, and I wasn't aware that it involved an upcharge. If I had known, I wouldn't have chosen it as I don't even eat toast!

Visited April 2012
“Great Diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

awesome diner and food, limited hours. Only open for breakfast and lunch about 1pm

Visited December 2011
“Cozy neighborhood diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Bertha’s is a small, comfortable neighborhood diner that serves breakfast and lunch every day except Tuesday. They bill themselves as a 50s style diner “that takes you back.” On weekdays, breakfasts and lunch are typical diner-style offerings that are well-prepared, and there are always specials. Their Belgian Waffles can’t be beat. Weekends there are even more specials, including specialty omelets, chorizo-stuffed peppers with eggs, and grilled banana breads. Everything’s delicious, and once you’ve been here you’ll feel like a regular the next time you return — and you WILL return.

• Visited January 2012