“Not That Great” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 928 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian, American, Californian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Port Robinson Ontario
“Not That Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Dropped in The Anchor Bar because of the hype. Found the wings expensive and when I asked for breaded or cajun they said not available. I went for the fish fry and although the portion was large I found the creamy coleslaw odd tasting. Not sure what they are tyring to do with it as I can eat creamy but this was really different and definitely not to my liking. Hint to owner, try vinagarette cole slaw.
Atmosphere was good in bar area, pretty bland in dinning room.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Kansas City, Missouri
“first bone ones”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Not really being a Chicken Wing person I shared an order with my husband with spicy hot bbq sauce and it was just amazing. Because I was not sure if I would like them or not we also ordered the Cocoanut Fried Shrimp. Both tasted absolutely outstanding!!! The price for the food is a little bit too high even it is very tasty. Staying here in town for a few days for business, that's the place to go to check out the wings and the terrific decoration.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good wings, unique atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Visited the Anchor Bar before the Flyers/Sabres game. The atmosphere is unique and they are usually crowded. Service is slow, so don't plan on being in and out. The wings were very good, very large. Sauces were excellent too. Be prepared to pay for the novelty rather than the wing however. 20 wings for $20 bucks is steep, but you can say you've been here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lockport, New York
“Close to Buffalo General”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

1 block from Gates Vascular Center, a nice break from hospital food. Food and service was great and the chicken wings were good.

Visited January 2013
Tulsa
“New York vs Tulsa”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

my coworkers and i ordered the wings online and had them shipped to us but i will never do that again from this place because the price of shipping is outrageous!!, not to mention I was sadly dissappointed that the wings didn't taste all that great, they were just ok. I have had better. Even though i ordered the hotter wings, I think I killed the wings with hot sauce just to get a spicey flavor. I think i make better wings at home...maybe i should open up my own restaurant.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Anchor Bar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Anchor Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.