“Mediocre and overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
southern US
“Mediocre and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This restaurant used to be much better. I almost can't believe that I ate at the same place as the other reviewers have described.

First the good - It is lovely to sit out on the patio and people watch. And the drinks were good.

Now the rest - Service was unbeliveably slow. After 45 minutes we still had not gotten the spinach garlic bread. When we finally located a server, she told us it had been burnt. (To their credit, they did not charge us for this item.). When we got it, it was like a mozzarella sandwich on a sub sandwich roll. And the rest of the food was really slow to arrive too.

I really dislike dishes that bear very little resemblance to the menu description. The chicken with tomatoes and basil in a olive oil white wine sauce was heavily breaded (no mention on the menu) and the sauce was heavily thickened. It wasn't even remotely Italian. Pasta with broccoli was Ok but didn't have much flavor.

Not a good experience. We won't be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Woodbridge, Virginia
“A very nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and stepson were visiting me in Buffalo while I am here for an extended stay for work. We loved the Elmwood area and found this great spot by accident really. We were very glad we did! It was two Sundays ago (6th), I point that our as I wanted to recognize our waitress that helped us, we sat outside. But I lost the receipt with her name on it. The welcome is very nice from the start and the patio is beautiful. The TINNI BAR is a great addition and the menu is awesome. My stepson (as always) ordered the most expensive steak and it was well worth it. My wife and I had pasta dishes and they were VERY good. Also a great wine and cocktail list is worth looking over carefully! Our waitress was very nice to us as we celebrated my wife's birthday! A visit here is well worth the time and effort! Thank you so much! I enjoyed a nice LEFTOVER meal the next night too!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, ON
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Walking the Elmwood Village we came across this restaurant after some of the other trendier places were over crowded for lunch Saturday. So happy that we stopped here. We decided to eat in but you should be aware that there is a beautiful patio facing Elmwood along with a Martini bar. The dining room was nicely appointed with linen tablecloths and napkins. Wait staff were professional and well dressed. The music was set at a reasonable level and adult contemporary. We ordered the spinach salad and mediterranean deli sandwich. The salad was an excellent mix of spinach, apples, candied pecans and goat cheese. The spinach was crisp and fresh. The sandwich was a fine mix of Italian cold cuts, provolone and perfectly ripened tomato on a wonderfully fresh crusty bun. The price is mid range. We shared the salad and sandwich which was just enough for lunch.
I will be back to visit this fine little restaurant.

Visited June 2014
“Great times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The hubs, my brother and I had a great time. Margarita Pizza, spinach salad and the meatballs. They were all great. Dave was our server and he was amazing. Will surely be back!

“Top notch dinner ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Had a great experience, service was excellent (David was our waiter). Came with a party of 5 and we ordered plenty of appetizers, pizzas, and a few entrees to share. Everything was delicious and it was a great night!