“pleasantly surprised!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
East Amherst, New York
“pleasantly surprised!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had heard about this restaurant and decided to try it with our family including a 2 year old. She finished every last morsel and went on to our plates. We all ordered something different and everyone enjoyed each choice. The black rice is flavorful and even healthy!!! From salads to desserts, the presentation was beautiful and delicious. We can't wait to go back again soon

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Gusto review was spot on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Went for lunch after BPO concert and we're not disappointed. Charming interior, attentive service and great food. Our waiter answered all of our menu questions and even made suggestions for the "spicy hot" lover. Soup and salad came with our meals. Portions were very generous. Will definitely return for dinner! Try it - you'll like it!

• Visited November 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“My first Burmese/Thai food experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is my first Burmese/Thai food experience (although I have Asian background), and I must say that it didn't disappoint. This was not our (aunt, cousin, mom) choice for dinner that night, but the other place had a waiting line too long to wait. So, they (aunt, cousin) recommended this restaurant. I must admit that I was a little hesitant with the idea of eating at a Burmese restaurant. Not that I discriminate, its just that I've heard that they like to cook a lot with sea food and I'm not to keen at eating sea food. And I couldn't have been more wrong. I had the Pad Kee Mao (Thai-style fried wide rice noodles with hot and spicy sauce, mixed vegetable, and basil leaves) with beef. Although this plate comes with your choice of chicken, shrimp, pork, vegetables, or sea food combo. It was delicious! It had the right portion and the taste was amazing. Both my cousin and my mother had the Coconut Seafood (Napa, red pepper, zucchini, onion, scallion, green bean, mushroom, lime leaves, Thai coconut, home-style sauce, jumbo shrimp, scallop, squid, mussel). One with white rice and the other with black rice. I can't honestly remember what my aunt had for diner, but it was some kind of soup. They all loved it also. But, not before we ate some fresh spring rolls (2 chicken, 2 veggies, 2 shrimp). The service was a little slow, but I was told by my aunt and cousin that they never had that experience before. So maybe it was a busy night for them and they were already tired. As for everything else... 2 thumbs up!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dellroy, Ohio
“Culinary Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were spending our anniversary at Niagara Falls and decided on something to eat that we do not have in our hometown. We looked at the Trip Advisor reviews for a good restaurant and found Sun. Best decision we ever made. The food is Burmese and Thai. The restaurant had nice atmosphere and the help was excellent. The food was fabulous. You could taste all the different spices. Truly a culinary delight. The food can be ordered spicy, medium or mild. No matter the choice I am sure it will be good. If you like trying new tastes of a different culture then this is the place.

• Visited July 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Fresh Burmese — the only game in town, and worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We visited Sun for the second time recently. We decided to try Burmese options since it’s the only restaurant in the Western New York area (to my knowledge) that offers these choices. Our order consisted of Black Rice Salad (VERY spicy if you add the red peppers which are on the side of the plate — but that’s fine with us), along with a Burmese-style curry mixed with masala, chicken, potato, ginger, garlic, onion and chili. Not only is the food of excellent quality — freshly prepared, not oily, ample portions — but the service is great and the prices very affordable. Atmosphere is casual and suitable for families or couples. Sun is an excellent addition to Buffalo’s dining scene. We look forward to re-visiting and trying more of the extensive menu choices.

• Visited July 2013