“Wedding Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Norwich, Connecticut
“Wedding Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed in February for a friends wedding. It was the host hotel, but the wedding was offsite.

I could not believe that such a place exists in Buffalo. Tons of 1920s era glam. The bars are excellent.

Nice unique rooms, HUGE (15ft) hallways for the corridors, 20ft ceilings. Incredible building, great hotel.

If we ever came back to Buffalo this would be our first stop. Location? Its in Buffalo... I felt safe running in the mornings, but would not venture out in the immediate area at night. Everything in Buffalo in the area shuts pretty early.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
twin cities, mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for work and it was conveniently located in the center of downtown Buffalo. The walkability factor of this place is great in relation to restaurant, businesses, etc... The hotel lobby is pretty and the front desk people were friendly, but not overly so. They were doing their job and handed me a key and sent me on my way. No chit chat or any other information was offered about the hotel or anything for that matter. The room was huge! It was the size of a NYC apartment. It was clean, but there was a really strange smell almost like natural gas. When you turned on the air, it went away, but the second the AC kicked off, the smell was back. The bed and bedding was dreamy! Totally conducive to a good night sleep. The bathroom was spacious enough for me and all my items. For the most part, the hotel was very quiet except for in the morning when maid service was banging around, but it's an old hotel so there is going to be noise. The breakfast in the morning was a bit of a joke. I've had better at lower budget hotels. I had an early morning plane to catch out on a Sat. morning and I had to wait 15 minutes before a front desk person showed up in order to get my bill. That was really the only frustrating situation I encountered with the hotel. I would stay here again if I needed to, but I would perhaps look at some other downtown hotels before I solidified a reservation for me at this hotel. Convenience and space were the two winning factors for me at The Lafayette.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I absolutely fell in love with this hotel with our first viewing of venues for my daughter's wedding. Her wedding was held in the Grand Ballroom and it was flawless! The food was the BEST wedding food anyone had ever had at a wedding. The Grand Ballroom was spectacular. We had rooms the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding--a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen which was PERFECT. It was large and spacious and beautifully decorated. It gave the bride and her bridesmaids a place to hang out and get ready together. When we finally made it to bed, the beds were awesome and comfortable. The staff was so completely helpful and nice (and tolerated a frazzled mother and father of the bride...). We so loved the history of this hotel and were thrilled that they restored it to it's beautiful ambiance. We also had the wedding rehearsal in the Courtyard Room...it was fabulous, too! We do not have one bad word to say about this place. BRAVO!

Room Tip: Although the valet costs $20...use it, you have free in and out all day. Very convenient.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had an opportunity to stay here a few weeks back and was very much pleasantly surprised. I travel more than 200,000 air miles per year so I get around and I tend to stay at boutique hotels vs. the chain store brands and my expectations are very high.

The hotel was built in the early 1900’s and they have maintained much of the décor and ambiance but with modern art deco rooms. There are something like 55 hotel rooms and the remainder of the building is private residences. You will also find a restaurant and bar that has a great vibe. The location is also within walking distance to multiple restaurants, night spots, etc.

The rooms themselves are great. An art deco style, each is different with all the modern amenities that you would expect.

The staff are more than friendly and eager to help or respond to your request. If you find yourself in Buffalo, you won’t be disappointed with a stay at the Lafeyette.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
falmouth, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel has been meticulously restored to an elegant masterpiece. We were overjoyed with our room (junior. Suite) and I am very particular about hotels. It was so comfortable, clean, great bed and the staff were friendly and helpful.

We loved it!

Room Tip: It is in Buffalo, the only negative really. The junior suite is worth the small monetary upgrade!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. The room was spotless and one of the nicest I have stayed in. It was modern yet comfortable. No small bottles of products, the have dispensers of quality products on the shower wall.

We loved our stay.

Room Tip: The junior suite was perfect! Well appointed, meticulously thought out and comfortable and quiet!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I recently completed a self-supported bicycle trip from Buffalo to Albany and we couldn't have picked a better place to start our trip. The hotel staff graciously allowed us to take our bicycles into the room and then located the nearest Federal Express office and arranged for a taxi so we could ship the items we wouldn't need on our journey to our final destination. The building was old with much history, but the rooms were clean and modern. We had a wonderful 7-course wine-paired dinner at Mike A's located on site. It was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel @ The Lafayette? Share your experiences!