“In and out in no time” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 167 things to do in Buffalo
More attraction details
Owner description: The Buffalo Museum of Science offers educational and exciting experiences the whole family can enjoy, including interactive exhibit spaces, special traveling exhibits, a National Geographic 3D Cinema, collections of over 700,000 artifacts and specimens. Record your own weather forecast or step into a wind chamber in Our Marvelous Earth, explore health and the human body in Explore YOU, build your own gravity wall in the In Motion studio, explore over 1,500 insect specimens in Bug Works, or discover science with your toddler and young scientists in the Explorations early childhood gallery.
Amherst, New York
32 attraction reviews
“In and out in no time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went here for the Body Worlds show which I would recommend, even though this exhibit is much smaller than past ones I 've seen. Also, this one is somewhat depresing as it focuses mainly on aging. As far as the museum goes, there is very little to do and see, esp for adults. The collection is sparse and many of the displays are exactly the same as when I came here on grade school field trips.

Visited September 2013
BMSVisitorExperience, Public Relations Manager at Buffalo Museum of Science, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
It's unfortunate to hear of your disappointment in your visit. Your comments are actually a bit surprising since our entire third floor has been completely transformed in the last year with the new Our Marvelous Earth and In Motion interactive science studios. We also added the Explore YOU health science studio on the 2nd floor in 2012 and the National Geographic 3D Cinema in 2010. All of these spaces are geared for multi-generational learning and feature collections pieces that have not been on display in years - if ever before.

We also have the fairly new (2010) Explorations early childhood gallery, but if you didn't bring a little one along with you to Body Worlds you likely wouldn't have wanted to visit that space.

We just opened another studio - Bug Works - on Columbus day and have four more science studios to open before October 2015. I hope you consider coming back to check them out and give the Museum another try.

As for Body Worlds - yes, it was a smaller rendition of the usual 12,000 sq.-foot exhibits. We reduced the ticket priced for this exhibit so that it was only a $5 upcharge (vs. a $14 upcharge in 2009) and we have so many spaces to explore now compared to our 2009 Body Worlds engagement.

If you have any further feedback about your visit, please don't hesitate to contact me at abiber@sciencebuff.org. We always appreciate insight from our guests as we continue to plan future improvements to the Museum.

Amy Biber
Marketing & PR Director
Buffalo Museum of Science

Mohawk, New York
11 attraction reviews
“Lots to see, great for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went to see the Body Vitals exhibit. Was extremely interesting, I was very intrigued by the complexity of the "models". You definitely have to be interested in the human anatomy and how the body works to enjoy this exhibit. If you are, it is well worth it.
Toured the rest of the museum, enjoyed it very much, however I found it sort of lack luster. The museum has alot of interesting things to see, however, I would've liked to see more of the history of the city itself; how it became the city of affluence that it was, etc. Overall, it was well worth the visit and I recommend it to anyone interested in history. Much of the museum was targeted to youth, which makes it very family friendly.

Watertown, New York
35 attraction reviews
“Awesome place and display”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

A perfect place to visit when liquid sunshine attemps to dampen your plans outside. We stopped in to see the Body Worlds exhibition today and what an eye opening experiencet it was for me. This muesem is great and the exhibition was mind blowing.If it comes to your town it's a must see.

buffalo, ny
31 attraction reviews
“awesome rooftop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We recently went to the museum to see the new body wars exhibit. We were so surprised by the updates all over the museum. WOW !!! Having been members for many years while our kids grew up we hadn't been in quite some time. Loved all the updates but have to say the new Friday night rooftop viewing was really fun. Living in the area my whole life I got some great views of the western new york area I've never seen before. You could see for miles. They had plenty of binoculars and a game of I spy to play while up on the roof. It was very fun!

Visited August 2013
“Its more of a children's museum than for adults.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I went for the body worlds exibit and though it was interesting; it was very small. I didn't see much of what I have seen online in person at the museum. It was also very artistic and less scientific then I thought it would be. I did walk around and look at the other exibits and they are really geared to toward children. A guided tour may be better if its even offered or if you want to pay an additional $3 there are prerecored audio tours avavilable. As an adult I would not plan to spend more than 30-45 mins to look at eveything in the body works part but if you have kids you could easily spend an entire day there.

Visited August 2013

Been to Buffalo Museum of Science? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Buffalo Museum of Science, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.