“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Derby
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

I stay at you location frequently, during my stay last week, I noticed the wonderful updates to your rooms. Love it! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
HISManager, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, October 6, 2009
I would like to take this opprotunity to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and speaking highly of it. We truely appreciate your repeat business. If there is anything that we could do for you in the future please let us know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

One of the best Hampton Inn's I have ever stayed in. Great value and great location. Updated, clean and surrounded by restaurants and bars. We also used this hotel as our primary room block for our wedding guests and they were very pleased. In fact, the guests who booked too late were disappointed that they didn't get a room at the Hampton in time!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown. It is always great to get such honest and positive reviews from our guests. I would also like to thank you for choosing us to host your wedding guests for your big weekend. If there is anything further that we can do for you please let us know.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Large, clean, quiet room. The hotel staff were all very helpful and pleasant. Location offers numerous restaurant and pub choices all within walking distance. Buffalo Niagara Taxi Company is one of the best I have experienced in my travels. 15-20 minutes to get to/from the airport. Should I return to Buffalo, I will be staying at this hotel again.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

We had a huge corner suite on the top floor, and really enjoyed the space. We were on the Chippewa side of the hotel so the club crowd was noisy on Friday night, but we didn't really have any problem sleeping. The pool was the perfect temp and lots of fun for my daughter. My only complaint is that this hotel has no room service. The only food options are the over-priced restaurants that share the space with the hotel on Chippewa. We came in after 11Pm on Saturday, and had no late-night option outside of pizza delivery. They have a free breakfast in a suite that consists mainly of continental items, but it can't really handle the hotel at capacity (as we saw on our trip) However, it was all very clean and spacious.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

I usually stay at the Best Western Inn on the Avenue but my last 3 trips I've stayed here. The rooms are great and the staff is fantastic. Ask to stay on the 2nd floor. this floor has been recently updated and room 239 is awesome. New king bed, 46 plasma tv and all mod cons. Close to the ballpark, Allentown and right on Chippewa for the younger people. I'm going back for a 3 night stay in early September.

Stay here. You will be happy you did.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Stella, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Spent the weekend in Buffalo to explore Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture (Darwin Martin House, Greycliffs, Rowing Club) and do a downtown walking tour of Buffalo's architectural gems. Hampton Inn and Suites was a perfect base. The welcome was warm, parking was easy and free, the room was exceptionally clean with a large bathroom, and the location was close to quality restaurants and an easy walk to see the sights. Appreciated the small touches - a clock I could read from my side of the bed, call from reception to ensure that all was well, morning newspaper, offer to check if a particular business was open.

Based on others' advice in TripAdvisor, I requested a room on the "quiet" side of the hotel and indeed the rooms overlooking the parking lot are much larger. Didn't expect much from the included breakfast but it was simple and good - fruit, juice, bagels, toast, cheese, coffee/tea, hot eggs and ham - and staff were particularly helpful with offers of three kinds of children's seating to a family at the next table.

I am usually not a big fan of hotel chains but I can recommend the Buffalo Hampton Inn and Suites. If you haven't been to Buffalo recently, go! It's well worth the drive from Toronto and there is an amazing diversity of attractions.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnBuffalo, Management at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2009
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very glowing review of the hotel. It is very rewarding to all of us here that all of our hard work is noticed and appreciated. If you like to contact us for any reason please feel free to do so.
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Excellent location for the convention center, although colleagues who stayed near the airport like that location for its concentration of hotels and eateries. (Our convention ran shuttle buses to the airport hotels; without them that vicinity would not be convenient for attending a multi-day event.) Free parking very helpful, and hotel is near the downtown bars and restaurants. Our room was up to Hamton Inn standards, and, possibly, even a bit larger than most.

While the hotel had no restaurant per se, there was easy access through the hotel to restaurants without having to go outside, or, in some cases, just a few steps away, an advantage in Buffalo's cooler seasons.

Previous writers have mentioned the noise on one side of the hotel; our room was on that side, but the weather was cold and rainy during the nights of our stay, so we kept our windows closed and were only slightly aware of the late night/early morning noise outside the bars. It was easy to imagine, though, that it could be a problem if one wanted to keep the windows open. Ask for a room on the quiet side of the building, and enjoy the (nowadays uncommon) ability to open the windows.

Service was inconsistent, varying from friendly and helpful to rather brusque. A desk clerk who responded to a request for late check-out was the most unpleasant staff member I have encountered at a Hilton property. I sent a complaint to Hilton Honors and was surprised to never receive a reply.

All-in-all I would recommend a friend consider this property if they needed to stay in the downtown area; if not I'd recommend the airport area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
HamptonInnBuffalo, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2009
Dear guest, We value every review that we receive through any channel of our hotel. I would love the opportunity to discuss with you further about the inconsistencies with your stay. Please feel free to contact us so that we can address this and improve upon our service.

Hampton Inn and Suites Management

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown? Share your experiences!