“Wonderful Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Buffalo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Wonderful Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed there for one night only and regretted for not booking earlier because the only reason that I did not stay long was because the hotel was full.

This is such an amazing experience! Melissa, who seems to be responsible for our room, is so friendly and helpful and really helped to ease my traveling nerves a lot! Great free ride from the airport, AMAZING room - spacious, great decor, comfortable seat and bed (which, given, it is part of the Hilton group and Hilton always keep its standard high in these regards), free flow of warm beverages with a variety of choices, wonderful location and cozy atmosphere! Totally what I have expected as I thought this was a Hilton in the lower tier, but I was totally caught by surprise, a very very pleasant one of course!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor, it's wonderful!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
I want to take this moment to thank you for your review. We are very lucky to have Melissa on our team and I am glad to hear about your great experience. We truly appreciate your business and we hope to see you on your travels back to Buffalo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Now such a popular hotel that there are never upgrades offered, even if you are a Hilton Diamond. Rooms can be cleaner. Scraps of paper and bottle caps left on floor are still there next day when you return to room. Always fully booked and they seem to have developed an attitude that if you don't like it, they don't care. Front desk staff is neither friendly nor helpful. Will let you stand at desk for a period of time while they "finish" doing whatever they are doing on the computer. Breakfast is limited, out of the microwave and as far as healthy choices, is very limited.
On the positive side, there is free parking, the gym has state of the art equipment and lots of it and the pool is nice. Location is convenient if you have business in downtown Buffalo.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly sorry about the lack of service and “don’t care” attitude you received from our staff. That type of attitude is truly unacceptable and I will address your concern. We pride ourselves on our service and this is something that we do not want to happen ever again. The lack of cleanliness in your room is not our standard and will be fixed. I encourage you to let me know personally what items you would like to see on our breakfast menu and I will make the appropriate recommendations to Hampton. Thank you for your business, I hope you give us another chance on your return trip back to Buffalo.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was totally impressed with my stay at the Hampton Inn. We held a block of rooms because of my daughter's wedding. Mary Cohen helped me with the booking and also was there for me whenever I had a question or needed info. All the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Our king size suite had a full kitchen and a large living area. Comfy beds! All our guest were just as pleased.

Room Tip: Some suites have outdoor balconys
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Congratulations to you and your family on the marriage of your daughter! I am so glad to hear that Mary was there for you every step of the way. We appreciate you noticing the friendliness and helpfulness of our team and I am delighted that we were able to take care of all your needs. I truly appreciate your business.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The reviews for this hotel were spot on. This hotel is new, clean, perfectly located and just all around great. It's probably the nicest Hampton Inn at which I've ever stayed, if not one of the nicest in the United States. The hallways and rooms are very clean. Beds are comfortable. Staff is nice.

Two of the best things about the hotel are the breakfast and the gym. I normally *hate* hotel breakfasts like this. They are usually filled with processed garbage that is completely fattening and unhealthy, not to mention the breakfast spaces usually feel dirty and greasy. I was pleasantly surprised to find healthy options here! I was thrilled. There was Kashi, Kashi Go Lean, oatmeal and several other items that work very well for people who don't want to gain 200 pounds on vacation. The gym is worth mentioning too. It's bright and more importantly, has brand new cardio machines that actually work. The treadmills are on par with what's at my gym. I also really liked how the workout room had a wall of windows instead of being in a dark, dingy basement. I went both days of my stay (had to work off that damn beef on weck/Buffalo wings!), and was able to easily find a machine both days. Honestly, the gym at this hotel is far nicer than the luxury hotel at which I stayed a few days later.

This hotel is not cheap, especially considering Buffalo is a tiny city in the middle of nowhere. It is, however, well worth every penny they charge. I would definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family.

*If you're noise sensitive, ask for a room without connecting doors. The noise from other rooms carries easily and loudly through those adjoining doors.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to say “Thank You”. Our staff takes great pride in what we do each day. Your mention of the “nicest in the US” is very flattering and appreciated. I have to say we do have one of the best Gym’s around. We also try very hard to make sure we have plenty of options for breakfast each and every day and your compliments stand for that. I am very sorry about the noise between the doors and I will look for a solution to that noise. I hope if your travels bring you back to the area you choose to stay with us again.
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when in Buffal for business. It is in a good location downtown, which makes it easy to walk to area businesses if needed. This is a really nice hotel, which provides free WiFi and breakfast. I would stay here again when I return to Buffalo.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
As a seasoned traveler, you know how important it is to find a nice place. I want to thank you for putting us in that category. We value your business and thank you for sharing your comments with others. We will see you again soon on your travels back to Buffalo.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Having family in Buffalo we've returned often over the past 20 years. During that time we have stayed at, probably, 10 different places. This is our second stay at the Hampton and we hope they keep it up.

Unexpectedly (to us), they were sold out due to a major, 2 day food event in town so there were stresses on their 'systems'. However, we never noticed them! Everything from check-in to room cleaning was great. (The only reduced evaluation had to do with sleep quality. Our room fronted Delaware Ave. and the many clubs' reverberating bass couldn't be cancelled out but the sound insulation. If you're there on a Thur-Sun night be sure to ask for a side/quite room.)

We've been at much higher rated hotels that didn't have it together like this Hampton.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of us and the compliments of our staff. I do want to apologize about the noisy activity from the clubs in the area, from time to time it can get quite lively on a weekend. It means a great deal to us that you have been to many different locations and prefer us over many others. When you come back next year we hope that you choose us once again. Thank you for your business.
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family of four stayed here for a visit with extended family. The suite had one bedroom (with a door, thank you!) and a sleeper sofa in the living room, where the kids slept. There was a nice kitchenette that we did not take advantage of except for the fridge. The bathroom was enormous--it had a tub, a separate shower, and two elegant sinks. The pool was lovely. I also appreciated the free computer/Internet access in the business center. And the breakfast was better than average, with hot and cold options. The location was convenient to my in-laws' house, but another advantage was its walking distance to the shops and restaurants of Elmwood Ave. We have stayed here twice, and it was a very nice stay both times.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
We really thank you for coming back after your previous stay. Our suites can be quite spacious and are perfect for family travel (we love the door too). Here at Hampton we really encompass value with every stay and we are glad to hear that you experienced it with a few of the amenities that we offer. We hope to see you on your 3rd trip back to see your family. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown? Share your experiences!