“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #268 of 919 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Description: This was the old Carvel Ice Cream now purchased and re-opened as The Delaware.
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This is definitely worth trying! I've been here a few times and never had a bad meal. The Pastami Reuben is delish. The pastrami is nice and tender and the sandwich isn't overdone with sauce or sauerkraut. For an appetizer, try the hot pretzel with the beer cheese dip. You only get one pretzel but the dip is a perfect cheesey beer blend. The menu isn't huge which is good as its not overwhelming. The staff has always been friendly and not overbearing. Give it a shot!!

Visited April 2013

Buffalo, New York
“From excitement to disappointment..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been going to The Delaware very frequently since it opened and have never had a bad experience until recently. The staff has completely changed it seems and one person in particular is completely unacceptable..sloppy dresser, EXTREMELY slow, RUDE, ignores diners etc. Sent back the worst bloody mary I've ever had the displeasure of tasting and it literally took the same server I mentioned above (he was also bartending? and hosting?) over 30 minutes to make us new ones as he would begin with our drinks that mosey along to do something else. Not sure if it was in spite of us sending our drinks back but we literally could not even get a sip down without gagging. Completely turned off by this place now and really have no desire to go back unless they step up their professionalism and courtesy.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tonawanda, New York
“Fun Fun Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Delaware offers great drinks fun menu ... I bit noisy high ceilings music open seating 2 levels with aloft really nice.

Visited October 2012
“Good but needs more options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We go here a lot for drinks at the bar. Drinks are decently priced - bartenders are always very nice. When we have ordered food, it's good but the menu is very small & I find some items strange (deviled eggs as an app? Makes me think of a picnic). So don't expect a lot of options. My friend raves about their burger on a pretzel roll. We've never had a bad time there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo
“Unreal... and not in a good way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I had been going to the Delaware about 2 times a week with my family for the past year or so and up until recently my service has been outstanding, but the last 3 times I had been there, I have had terrible service...and I mean it was bad. We had a great time our first time there and would always go when our favorite server Trish would be working so she can take care of us. The last 3 times I had been there she was not working so I asked what is going on...A co worker of hers said that she was taken off the schedule for a week and that She has been trying to come back and trying to talk to the owner, but He will not answer her calls or any correspondence from her...so she has not been working for 3 weeks now. That is just wrong!! Myself and my family will not be back in unless she is back and I will tell others what is going on here..Very shady and unjust. I hope the labor board looks into this as it is as unfair as it gets. I will not give this man my money any more and either should you. It sounds like it is all about him and that the people that work for him do not mean a thing to him. I was also told they have been through about 4 managers over the last year...what a joke., but it does tell you something about the man in charge.

• Visited July 2012