“Our stay at the Parkside was more than most can imagine.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parkside House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buffalo
Parkside House
Save Saved
You added Parkside House to your Saves list
462 Woodward Ave., Buffalo, NY 14214   |
Special Deal
Gourmet Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Buffalo B&B and Inns
Mount Pocono, PA
“Our stay at the Parkside was more than most can imagine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This beautiful historic home, tucked away in a quiet neighborhood just outside Buffalo's bustling downtown, was a wonderful experience. We had the pleasure of meeting Bonnie and Marty who were filling in for Chris and Johnny. This twosome was more than hospitable. They were a joy to meet and extremely patient with our "crew". We not only enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the morning, along with good conversation, but they were incredibly helpful in suggesting the best places to eat around town at night. The decor was beautifully done and the bed was oh, so comfy. As one can tell, this was a delightful place to spend some needed time away.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a lovely, clean, historic home located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Buffalo. Chris is a friendly guy and his breakfast was very good. If that is all you are after in a B&B, you will be happy here. If you are more into full service bed and breakfasts with fresh flowers, bathrobes, bottled water in the room, freshly baked cookies, refreshments for guests (coffee, tea, etc.), brochures and other information about the local area, restaurant guides or menus you may be disappointed here. We stayed in the Woodside Suite, a very large bedroom with a king sized bed, a sitting area with a couch and love seat and a bathroom with shower only. The room itself was very comfortable (though I agree with a review that said the bed was too firm). The bathroom was long, but very narrow (3 feet wide). There is a small vanity with no place large enough to set toiletries and you have to maneuver around the toilet and sink to get to the shower. We only saw Chris for five minutes at check in and breakfast; we never saw Johnny. Coffee was supposed to be ready at 7 but when I went downstairs, the dining room was dark. I went to Dunkin Donuts for coffee, which made me very cranky. Chris told me I should have knocked, but I didn’t feel comfortable knocking since the website said the kitchen “reverts to Chris’ private area after breakfast.” The next day I did knock, but still didn't feel comfortable doing so. Why not light the dining room and open the kitchen door to welcome guests in for coffee or tea? I would have bumped this up to four or even five stars had a few more amenities been thrown in to make guests feel more welcome and comfortable.

Room Tip: The Woodward is a very large room, but the bath very narrow. The bed is a little hard.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Buffalo for a couple of days devoted to art and architecture. The Albright-Knox Art Gallery alone is worth the visit! We also booked a tour of the Darwin Martin House compound, one of Frank Lloyd Wright's greatest group of buildings. It is in a historic neighbourhood, a short walk from the Parkside House bed and breakfast, where we stayed. We love to stay in old houses with character, and this certainly has that. It is a charming home, beautifully furnished. We had the Woodward Room, at the front, that originally must have been two rooms...it was huge, comfortable and quiet. Chris was very helpful with advice about where to eat. The breakfast was delicious-a rich, vegetable quiche with fresh fruit. We met a lovely couple there and had a lively conversation, that added to the general enjoyment of our stay. And last, but not least, we were charmed by the 3 wonderful dogs who kept to the sun room at the back but who kindly let us pet them. We had a great time at Parkside House and we would recommend it.

Room Tip: If you like lots of space, this room is great. Although it is at the front and we had the windows op...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was our first visit to Buffalo. The Parkside House B & B was wonderful. The house was beautifully decorated, the neighborhood was amazing, and Chris was a great host. He served wonderful breakfasts and gave us many good suggestions for restaurants and other places to visit during our stay. The rooms were clean and quiet. The other guests we met were very interesting and personable. We will definitely stay at the Parkside House again when we return to Buffalo.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We really enjoy B&B's when we travel because you get to meet the nicest people and get the local scoop on the best places to eat and the "must" things to see and do. This trip was no exception. Chris recommended Hutch's which was fabulous, as other reviewers have attested and Ristorante Lombardo where the "Cesar Salad for two prepared table-side" is not only a nice show but a culinary delight that should not be missed. Also, the owners stopped by our table and made us feel very welcomed.
Back at the Parkside House we stayed 2 nights in the Summit Room where the bed was very comfortable and with the window open we never had to turn on the AC, which is a rare treat for this Texas couple.
Breakfast was wonderful both mornings, we enjoyed the company of fellow guests and sitting on the porch swing in the evenings was a lovely way to relax and unwind. Our main destination was Niagara Falls and the Parkside House was a great homebase where I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I lived in Buffalo many years ago and upon my return for business I did not want to stay in a traditional hotel. I wanted to stay in a place that would remind me of what I remembered, lovely old houses in neighborhoods with trees and friendly people. The Parkside House was perfect.
I stayed in the Jewett Room which was like staying in a old friends guest room, comfortable and cozy. The bathroom was amazing with a claw foot tub and huge shower. Chris asked if I would like anything special and actually went out and got me a memory foam pillow. He took very good care of me and made me quiche for breakfast. It was just perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here at this charming B&b for a couple of nights and were welcomed by the very pleasant hosts. Our main reason for staying was to visit Niagara Falls but we chose to stay here rather than Niagara after seeing reviews of the 'touristy' hotels. This was perfect for us, quiet location, lovey furniture and pretty front veranda where Chris kindly gave us dips and nibbles to have with our beers. Our room had the most fantastic bathroom with walk in shower which my husband loved and cast iron bath which suited my guilty pleasure of reading and soaking my weary feet.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Parkside House? Share your experiences!