“just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Woodbridge,Ontario,Canada
“just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Been to the one in Erie Pa much better so seemed.The ribs were Plastered with the sauce and the appetizer wasnt as good since .The Menu's were dirty sticky but the place was packed both nights we drove past it.

Visited March 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Be Prepared to Loosen a Notch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Conveniently located on the other side of the highway from the popular Walden Galleria shopping mall, we stopped here with our entire family for lunch after a shopping expedition during the Christmas season.  Reception was friendly and  our waiter was excellent. Had a good sense of humour which we also appreciated. With 5 adults, including 3 young males, you would think we could polish off our food with vigor. Yet, we still took one small container home. We all enjoyed our brisket, our ribs and chicken. Really enjoyed the healthy sides, including green beans, broccoli and garlic mashed each weighing in at 100 calories. The classic baked beans and cole slaw were tasty too. Ordered the Burnt Ends and albeit good flavour, they were really 'pseudo' burned ends. Probably appealing to a bigger audience, they were nice and soft. I wanted the real deal; hard, crispy and near-dried out. I would not order these again especially knowing all the meat that was coming with our meals. If you are a meat lover who just cant get enough of it, than they are a tasty appetizer.
The corn muffin that accompanies the meals isn't just an extra item like a slice of tomato that so commonly decorates the plate, but adds real enjoyment.
Good choice of table-side sauces for use on brisket as well.
Noticed on their website that they have really expanded the number of locations across a number of states.
Looking forward to our next family visit--perhaps even at a different location.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“First Time for Barbeque”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was in Buffalo for the long weekend with my husband and this particular Famous Dave's was in the parking lot of our hotel. We went there on our last night in town as we were so worn out from shopping we didn't want to venture too far.

This was my first time at a U.S. barbeque restaurant. I'm sure it won't be my last and I'm sure everyone has their own views of what constitutes "good barbeque" or "authentic barbeque" in the States.

This place was incredibly clean compared to what I thought a barbeque place would be like and our server, Jill, was amazing! She was attentive, she was friendly and she really made us feel at home.

After reading the reviews here, I have to disagree with some of the comments. Our meat, both ribs and brisket, were incredibly tender and juicy. We loved the variety of sauces available at our table and tried almost all of them. We both loved the corn bread muffins!

Overall we were very satisfied with the food, ther service, cleanliness of the restaurant and you couldn't beat the location. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to break into barbeque eating in the States.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“Come hungry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I'm another Famous Dave's customer who found the place simply because of its proximity to the Hampton Inn (a 1-minute walk across the parking lot - nice when the weather is inclement).

Nothing fancy or high-falutin': Just great ribs, served by friendly staff in a down-home kind of atmosphere (if you excuse the TV sets showing every sport under the sun). A lot of the clientele seem to be regulars, which I think speaks for the popularity and success of the place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Barrie, Canada
“BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have been to a few Famous Dave's and sadly have to rate this one as my least favorite. We were greeted cheerfully & got a table quickly, We ordered the Feast but the ribs were very tough and the chicken breast was also tough. This is definitely not a meat falls off the bone place as the ribs were so tough we had a difficulty trying to eat them. The waiter could have been more attentive but he did apologize for that. The theme of famous Dave's is that the employees are famous for something, not our waiter, he hadn't thought of anything yet :-)
The table was sticky and could have used a little more elbow grease.
My favorite Famous Dave's is in Franklin TN , where you can get tender ribs and chicken.

• Visited November 2013