“Quiet dinner with friends” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Della Terra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 908 restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Huron St
Description: Della Terra is a Northern Italian restaurant located in the new Avant building in downtown Buffalo.
Buffalo, New York
“Quiet dinner with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

It was a pleasure to be able to have a conversation with friends that could be heard. The menu had interesting salads and appetizers. The roasted acorn squash with cranberries, pecans and balsamic reduction was delicious. My husband had lasagna which he enjoyed. The fish menu was very limited. There were a few different kinds of cheesecake plus terra misu. We were not tempted to order any of them.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Bethesda, Maryland
“Buffalo Della”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Limited but tasty and healthy options. Price was reasonable. Service was good.
Because it was Buffalo Wing Festival weekend, we tasted a small order of Buffalo Wings, which were very good. The soup (turkey-rice) portion was too large, taste was OK, could be better. A small pizza with Thai tasting topping (forgot the name) was very good..

Visited August 2013
Gambrills, Maryland
“Ambience and quality of the dinner presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The food, the service and the ambience - perfect! Extensive menu and very professional and friendly staff.

Visited July 2013
Sleepy Hollow, NY
“At First I Thought the Service Was Bad, Then the Food Came”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I booked a table at Della Terra from a website after reading some good reviews. I was in Buffalo just for the night and wanted a place where I could get some pasta and a glass of wine. When I arrived, I was surprised to find the restaurant was in a hotel. When I got to the station at the restaurant, no one was there. I waited by actual count four minutes, then got someone from the hotel desk to find someone to seat me. The waiter gave me a wine list, telling me wines by the glass were available, only to find that the copy I was given had no wines by the glass. When he eventually returned, he brought a list with wines by the glass. Still, I never got my glass of wine until well after the salad was brought out. The salad was okay, a little greasy, but not terrible. I ordered the one pasta on the menu (I should have noticed this in an Italian restaurant), and when it came, it was a huge bowl of bland, slightly overcooked pasta with two large unseasoned meatballs. I understand downtown restaurant prices, I don't understand why the food was so ... what word? Forgettable? Irrelevant? Not what one goes to a restaurant for, regardless of the price. Also, the bar noise intruded on dinner, but at least the patrons there seemed to be having a good time.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, NY
“Try the crab cakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were a group of six for early dinner. Everyone was happy with his/her entree. Even the salads were noteworthy. Calming decor and great service from Tom.

• Visited June 2013