“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Buffalo, New York
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

First, I have to say...the photo of the "bed bug" isn't true...if you notice the wall has "sparkles" on it...there are NO walls in the entire building that look like that...I think it's awful that it is posted on this site. The Lenox Hotel & Suites is a very awesome place to visit and live. Everything you need is at your fingertips! I'd recommend to anyone! Everyone there is great, especially Ms. Mangas.

~RMF~

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

From check in to check out everyone was friendly and seemed thrilled to have us. Hotel is older but has charm. Restaurant and bar in building was great and had amazing service there as well. Will stay again next trip!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was a little nervous about booking this hotel, but for the money it was a great deal. We had two double beds which felt a little small but we just slept separately and all was good. The room was clean. As stated this is an old building. The hallway by the elevator had the old building smell, but the room did not. We also found the staff to be very helpful and nice. Only 30 rooms in the hotel are rented nightly the rest are monthly apartments. Parking was not a problem, plenty of room in the lot behind the building. 2 block walk to Elmwood Ave. This is not the Marriott, but it is about half the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Everything was fine because I went in expecting an older hotel (some of these reviewers seem to be disappointed that it doesn't have the amenities of a Hampton Inn). Having lived and rented in Buffalo, I can tell you the Lenox is reflective of most downtown apartments. It was clean, staff was friendly (Tony is awesome) with the exception the Saturday morning desk clerk that called a half hour before checkout to remind I'd be checking out at 11:00, then upon checkout loudly called out to a staff member that the last checkout of the day was finally leaving and now they could finish housekeeping rounds. Sorry to be such an inconvenience! Would give this an excellent rating, but I had the absolute worst experience with the sheets. So rough and scratchy, I think I could have sanded paint off the wall with them. Ended up getting fully dressed and laying on towels, using my jacket as a blanket. As a result I got very little sleep. I don't see any other complaints about sheets so maybe this was a fluke? Anyway, hopefully they'll see this review and look into the problem.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Buffalo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This room is way overpriced! It is very outdated and small. There is absuolutely no counter space in the bathroom. The disgusting old plastic shower curtain and tiny scratchy bath towels are worse than one would see in the lowest budget motel. The bed is as hard as a rock and there was only 1 pillow. I have stayed at low budget hotels that were nicer. I was shocked upon seeing the room and asked for another room. I was offered the room next door which was no better and was told that the hotel would not refund my money if I chose not to stay. Apparently they charged my credit card immediately for all three nights at check in. I have never been so unhappy with a hotel before. I was charged $120 a night for a room that is dirty, outdated and uncomfortable. I am a native Buffalonian home visiting family. I will tell all my friends and family and warn them to never let anyone stay here.

• Stayed July 2014
Brampton, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

After reading some of the reviews I was really nervous about the hotel after we had booked it. It was a great surprise. Yes it is very old. Built in 1897 it was not your sleek modern hotel. But very unique, spotlessly clean bed was very comfortable. The staff at the front desk couldn't do enough for you. We went to see the Bison, s baseball game and since hubby de ided that he might have a beer while at the park, we de ided to take a cab. The gentleman at the front desk called several times (as the line was busy) until he made sure that one was on the way. If you are looking for a hotel with a pool, exercise room, modern amenities then this is not the hotel for you, but if you like heritage, cleanliness, friendly helpful staff then this may be the place for you. It is unique in that it is part hotel and part apartment bilding but we found our room to be quiet, quite large and as I said the fixtures reflect the age of the building.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Barrie Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Staff and location were excellent. Great value in a historic building. Excellent grill pub. Walking distance to the anchor bar and other pubs. Great spot if you are going to Buffalo for a Sabres game. I will stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Lenox Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!