“Bring your own sheets” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Cleveland, Ohio
“Bring your own sheets”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Everything was fine because I went in expecting an older hotel (some of these reviewers seem to be disappointed that it doesn't have the amenities of a Hampton Inn). Having lived and rented in Buffalo, I can tell you the Lenox is reflective of most downtown apartments. It was clean, staff was friendly (Tony is awesome) with the exception the Saturday morning desk clerk that called a half hour before checkout to remind I'd be checking out at 11:00, then upon checkout loudly called out to a staff member that the last checkout of the day was finally leaving and now they could finish housekeeping rounds. Sorry to be such an inconvenience! Would give this an excellent rating, but I had the absolute worst experience with the sheets. So rough and scratchy, I think I could have sanded paint off the wall with them. Ended up getting fully dressed and laying on towels, using my jacket as a blanket. As a result I got very little sleep. I don't see any other complaints about sheets so maybe this was a fluke? Anyway, hopefully they'll see this review and look into the problem.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Buffalo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This room is way overpriced! It is very outdated and small. There is absuolutely no counter space in the bathroom. The disgusting old plastic shower curtain and tiny scratchy bath towels are worse than one would see in the lowest budget motel. The bed is as hard as a rock and there was only 1 pillow. I have stayed at low budget hotels that were nicer. I was shocked upon seeing the room and asked for another room. I was offered the room next door which was no better and was told that the hotel would not refund my money if I chose not to stay. Apparently they charged my credit card immediately for all three nights at check in. I have never been so unhappy with a hotel before. I was charged $120 a night for a room that is dirty, outdated and uncomfortable. I am a native Buffalonian home visiting family. I will tell all my friends and family and warn them to never let anyone stay here.

• Stayed July 2014
Brampton, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

After reading some of the reviews I was really nervous about the hotel after we had booked it. It was a great surprise. Yes it is very old. Built in 1897 it was not your sleek modern hotel. But very unique, spotlessly clean bed was very comfortable. The staff at the front desk couldn't do enough for you. We went to see the Bison, s baseball game and since hubby de ided that he might have a beer while at the park, we de ided to take a cab. The gentleman at the front desk called several times (as the line was busy) until he made sure that one was on the way. If you are looking for a hotel with a pool, exercise room, modern amenities then this is not the hotel for you, but if you like heritage, cleanliness, friendly helpful staff then this may be the place for you. It is unique in that it is part hotel and part apartment bilding but we found our room to be quiet, quite large and as I said the fixtures reflect the age of the building.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Barrie Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Staff and location were excellent. Great value in a historic building. Excellent grill pub. Walking distance to the anchor bar and other pubs. Great spot if you are going to Buffalo for a Sabres game. I will stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, but the room was disappointing. For the price, I would have expected a larger room. The room was tired, and quite dingy. Wasn't really unclean, but neither was it sparkling. The adjoining Bar and Grill was excellent, with good food, drink and staff, but the main hotel is seriously in need of an update or a lowering in price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

this Hotel requested clients to pay the room charge before living,when i paid the money to them ,and then i saw the bad room condition , i rejected to stay in their hotel room and request to be refunded my paid room charge, the attendant confirmed to refund me after their manager return, so we went to live in another hotel. But later, i called to their hotel for many times, also sent many e-mail messages to them to request the refund, but their General Manager Ms.Molly refused to refund me.
There is no hotel in the world who dare to receive tourist' room charge although the client have not used their hotel room.
I sincerely warn all tourists and travellers not to use this hotel when you travel to Buffalo NY.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was extremely disappointed in my stay in your hotel. After finding blood on a pillow, I inspected closer and found urine stains and 'clumps' of hair that seem to have been pulled right from the scalp in the bed. These findings and the lack of basic bed coverings, i.e. no mattress pad, just other dirty sheets, made me question wether the health department has been there recently. Now, after being denied a basic refund, and being treated beyond rude after calling the next day, to inquire about a resolution, I think an apology and true refund is in order.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Lenox Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!