“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mansion on Delaware Avenue

You added The Mansion on Delaware Avenue to your Saves list
The Mansion on Delaware Avenue
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   414 Delaware Ave, Delaware & Edward Street, Buffalo, NY 14202   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Pittsburgh
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

My husband and I chose the Mansion on Delaware after reading Trip Advisor reviews. It is everything the reviews claim, beautiful & welcoming with an outstanding staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

We've stayed here three times over the past couple of years. I don't neet to reiterate the many positive reviews others have posted, except to say they are all true. The hotel is wonderful. I especially like the architecture, the spacious bathrooms, and the buffet breakfast - beautifully presented and "different" (i.e. green salad with tomatoes and olives).

Ii will only mention a few very small negatives, which may seem petty, but as this is a four-diamond AA, Zagat rated hotel, should be addressed at a property of this level:

- it's time for them to ditch the current (small) tvs and upgrade to flat-screen plasmas in the bedrooms;

- the thermal carafes used at breakfast don't work, the coffee is merely warm, even the freshly brewed just out from the kitchen was not hot enough;

- there was no milk available at the lovely tea station permanently set out, and again, the hot water was just barely warm

- I would like to see a computer for guests' use set up somewhere in the hotel.

Overall, a really great hotel and everyone would enjoy a stay here.

• Liked — high standard of just about everything!
  • Disliked — see my review
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ocean Ridge, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

Charming. Elegant. Classy. Warm. Friendly. Tasteful.

From arrival to departure this unique boutique hotel was a delight. Located in a historic mansion, The Mansion on Delaware will always be my choice, and recommendation, for lodging in Buffalo. There is no typical front receptionist desk to check in, rather a butler that welcomed me to The Mansion. I arrived several hours earlier than the afternoon check in without prior notice. I politely inquired about early check in, which they were able to accommodate. A butler gave me a brief tour and provided me with an overview of some of the rich history tied to The Mansion. The hotel has incredible character, charm and workmanship. If you have the pleasure to visit The Mansion definitely take the time to admire the workmanship in the detailed woodwork and moldings around the windows and doors throughout the hotel, as well as, read the book of historical literature located in your room, which highlights the mansions interesting background.

My room was very comfortable, luxurious and tasteful, as is the entire hotel. Frette robes, hand towels and sheets, down comforter, Temple Spa English toiletry products. Beautiful artwork throughout the property, Eschenbach porcelain, Ricci Argentieri flatware. Fresh flowers in my room. I returned to my room in the evenings to find my room turned down which included candles lit on the nightstand, soft music playing, and cookies drizzled with chocolate left on the desk. Impeccable service and manners. A glass of wine next to the fireplace from the self serve complimentary evening bar in the billiards room was a relaxing end to my day of skiing! The warm and cozy billiards room is converted for the morning to a bright and cheery breakfast room.

A day of typical Buffalo weather in February resulting in snow, ice, wind gusts of up to 50 mph, and white out driving conditions, I was more than happy to be stranded in my hotel for an afternoon. Complimentary wireless internet allowed me to relax with my internet and tea in one of the cozy front rooms next to the fireplace.

I was in no rush to leave, however, it was time, and upon my departure, one of the butlers insisted on taking my keys to my rental car, which I had self parked across the street the night before. I found my car waiting out front, all snow and ice brushed off and my luggage waiting for me in the warmed vehicle.

Exquisite.

Stayed February 2008
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

My fiance and I stayed at the Mansion the night before we went to the Bills game in October last year. It was absolutely amazing. When we got there we didn't have to worry about parking or our luggage - they took care of it all! The butler service was great and when we wanted to go to dinner all it took was one phone call and we were at one of the top restaurants in 15 minutes. They drove us to dinner in their Range Rover, and then they took us to the Chocolate Bar for dessert and brought us back to the hotel (no charge!). When we got back to our room there were chocolate covered strawberries, caramel drizzled cookies and lit candles waiting for us. The whirl pool/shower was out of this world! We LOVED it and we can't wait to go back. Romantic and cozy feel of the hotel in addition to the outstanding service from the entire hotel staff puts this hotel on the top of our list when traveling to Buffalo!

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Penfield, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

My girlfriend and I spent the night of February 8th at the Mansion on Delaware and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. As has been mentioned in other reviews, the butler service is exceptional. At checkin, a single member of the staff handled our bags, checkin, gave us the tour and brought us to our room. It was a very welcoming experience.

The room was very nicely appointed. Furnishings, paint and carpeting were tasteful and looked new. The bathroom was particularly nice, with a large whirlpool bath and multiple showerheads.

The honor bar in the first floor parlor is well stocked and on the house from 5-7 PM. It's a great pace to enjoy a drink in front of the fire before heading out for the evening.

We headed to the Buffalo Chop House for dinner and we were chauffeured the two blocks to the restaurant in a very new looking Land Rover LR3. Our waiter called the Mansion when we placed our dessert order and the driver was waiting for us at the hostess station when we finished our meal.

We arrived back at the Mansion to find our bed turned down, votive candles lit on the bedside tables and chocolate drizzled cookies on the writing desk. These little touches, combined with the seamless butler service for checkin, transportation and checkout made the whole evening effortless and enjoyable. We would certainly return

• Liked — Attention to little details and seamless butler service.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Amherst,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2008

Staying at the Mansion was like entering another world for the weekend, one of luxury, pampering and anticipation of our every need.

The Mansion is a beautifully restored Victorian Mansion from the late 1800's. The decor is tasteful (was featured in Architectural Digest) and the guest rooms were roomy and well equipped. We loved the whirpool bath spa (6 ft!), the shower with multiple heads and the sitting area where we could gaze down the street at local activities.

The location is perfectly situation between the bustle of downtown and the funky areas of Allentown and the Elmwood strip, all filled with funky shops and delectable restaurants.

The service was superb, Butlers are available to meet your every need from reservations at your choice of restaurants (don't worry, they assured us, they can get us tables at anyplace we chose), to chauffeuring us between establishments and the hotel.

We ate at Sample, a modern cuisine restaurant with portions served like dim sum and we loved it!

The billiard table was fun and the complimentary Sunday breakfast, mouthwatering.

• Liked — The butlers
  • Disliked — Towels could be more upgraded
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

The Mansion far exceeded our expectations. We were greated as we drove up by a "Butler" who parked our car and took the luggage to our room. We were then provided with a brief tour of the hotel.

Our stay was very pleasant and the staff extremely helpful and courteous.

This was our first trip to Buffalo and when we return we will definetly stay here again.

It is located very close to the theatre district, hockey arena and the downtown core.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Good restaurants a few blocks away
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Mansion on Delaware Avenue? Share your experiences!