“Hidden Jewel” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Carrollton
“Hidden Jewel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Recommended by our hotel with a mention it was on "Dive's, Diners & Drive-In's" and try their famous giant meatball we had to visit for lunch. We make a point of eating at "DDD" restaurants when we travel and usually are happy we did. This one is one of the best! Located off the beaten path in a neighborhood it has to be good or it just couldn't stay in business. Inside is decorated with Buffalo sports memorabilia and autographed photo's of famous visitors. Our server Nicole was great and explained all of the specials and paid attention to our needs. We had the meatball for an appetizer. Nicole recommended that the chef slice it, add some cheese & sauce. It was delish! My wife had the homemade Cheese Ravioli, liked it but said it was nothing special. I had the homemade Lasagna which we both agreed was terrific! The portion was huge and we took 1/2 of it in a to go box for my Mom to enjoy. Impossible to leave hungry. This place would be on our normal restaurant rotation if only it was located around Dallas!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

new york
“Won't find it without looking, so start looking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This dinner was wonderful. I've been wanting to go here for a while but was told you really need reservations for a Saturday and every time I remember...they would not be able to get me a table until 9. I'd starve by then. This time, I remembered and off we went, directions in hand. Still managed to make a few wrong turns. It was worth the search and I can't wait to go back. Salad was wonderful and so were the arancini. I got the homemade manicotti and it was amazing. Cocktail was properly chilled and 2 of them pretty good joy. :)

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lackawanna
“lunch with my sisters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

wow!! what a crowd!

my sisters & I enjoyed our lunch, and our server was both pleasant and efficient.

nice atmosphere too.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Meatball Nervanna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Outstanding food, best meatballs, their sauce is amazing. Ambience is old school Italian with a NYC flare. Staff is very warm, kind and friendly always smiling. Has quaint high end feel in a neighborhood restaurant setting. You feel like you’re eating at home or friends.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Buffalo, New York
“Nothing special.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went here with a group of people- 8. At first, they wouldn't allow us to have a drink before our reservation because they told us we had only a two hour time limit. We then had to say that we'd be spending a lot of money and would probably be staying longer than that. They gave us a hard time with that, too. After our drinks we sat down and ordered three bottles of wine right away. Two in the group are sommeliers, therefore we did have great wine and they did have a good selection. I had a veal chop, very good. Another said the lasagna was delicious. Also the osso bucco was mentioned being very good as well. Nothing else was memorable to me. The service was good. The ambiance was not very comfortable- bright lights, old fashioned italian, and squished seating. For the expensive prices, I thought it could have been fixed up better with a better dress code. Overall, I wouldn't go back with those prices and experience. I know of better italian.

• Visited September 2013