“Relaxing stay in Flagstaff” 4 of 5 stars

Little America Hotel Flagstaff
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2515 E. Butler Avenue, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Tempe, Arizona
“Relaxing stay in Flagstaff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have stayed here for business several times. I look forward to staying every year because the quality does not change. With two queen beds and comfortable chairs, the spacious rooms offer a relaxing setting.Easy access on and off the freeway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This was a great hotel. We had a family of 5 (two adults and 3 small kids) stay on July 15. The room had two queen beds and was very spacious inside. Definitely more comfortable than the standard chain places. This was a room we could actually relax in and I just wish we could find places like this along our route. The room was also very affordable vs. what we have been paying at the chain places. The only downside was there was no breakfast and no pool for the kids. However, I would recommend this place to anyone for the comfortable experience and great value.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ellensburg, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The hotel is located in a great place and easy to find. The hotel grounds are beautiful and the staff were very helpful. Great room size , but lodging was dated. I would recommend requesting a room away from the building entrances due to noise from other guests at night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed at this lovely hotel a night before and then again a night after our rim to rim hike in the Grand Canyon. No car needed for this stay: the hotel provided a courtesy shuttle to pick up/drop off from the airport, and the hotel offered restaurant and things to do on-site. The restaurant and bar not only offered delicious food and drinks, but a place for us to socialize. The large gift shop and truck stop made it easy to purchase souvenirs, food /drinks for the room and forgotten items at reasonable prices. The pool, grounds, and walking path were a welcome retreat. The large rooms made it very easy to spread out our gear the night before to prepare for the hike. During our hike, we looked forward to returning to the hotel to soak in the hot tub, walk on the soft grass in our bear feet, and order a big juicy steak at the restaurant. Which we did and which was all wonderful! The hotel's coin-operated washers and dryers were very appreciated.

The hotel staff was friendly and went out of their way to meet our needs. I forgot my hiking stick and they rushed it to me before my departing flight.

This would be a great hotel choice for groups small, large and extra large.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor if you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Glendale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

great hotel best in flagstaff. We have stayed here twice it is nice place set back in a tree lined area was very comfortable and the staff have always been very nice and helpful. Great place to stay if you are going to visit your kids at NAU or just for a get away from the phoenix heat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Trip Advisor doesn't have a rating between Average and Very Good, but that is where the Flagstaff Little America belongs. The location is pleasant and convenient to the Interstate. The rooms are spacious, spotless, quiet, and well appointed. So what's not to like? This hotel has been making modifications to emphasize their conference facilities (which Flagstaff does need). Renovation-related construction was not a problem. But, in emphasizing conference groups, they are definitely putting less attention on dining and all the little things that makes a guest's experience comfortable, relaxing, and above par. They eliminated the café, leaving you with a dining choice between the higher-end "Western Gold" restaurant (very little "Western" about the menu) and the nearby truck stop. Neither of these choices appeal to me at the end of a long drive or busy day. Breakfast in the main hotel is buffet only. Both places are overpriced; especially the breakfast buffet. They are also eliminating (or drastically reducing) the gift shop, which used to be one of Flagstaff's nicest shops, and one of the best hotel gift shops anywhere. The furniture is too formal and uncomfortable, not furniture you can relax in. If the rooms had microwaves and fridges, I'd be OK here. Though I'd rather stay here than other hotels I've tried in Flagstaff, my search for a hotel that I want to return to in Flagstaff continues.

Room Tip: Eat before you get here, or plan on going out for dinner.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for two nights with my husband on Thurs, 12th and Friday,13th June as part of a Great Rail Journeys (UK) holiday across USA by rail from coast to coast. We had a two night extension onto holiday to go to Yosemite and as we live north of Scotland anyway also had a night in London at start and beginning of holiday so holiday lasted three and a half weeks. We were two weeks in when we got to Flagstaff and the two nights we spent there were ideal to catch our breath. We were in lodge 4 and I wrote to hotel beforehand to get room one floor up as we had been told our accommodation would most likely be on ground floor and I did not want this. Our room was one floor up and despite what other people have been saying about no elevators/lifts we are sure there was one in this lodge at any rate.
Our room was very large and comfortable and clean with small balcony overlooking forest. Good quality toiletries, iron and ironing board which were much needed as I had near two weeks laundry to do. Laundry room in main part of hotel with three washing machines and dryers which I was able to access on the evening we arrived after dinner which we took in the hotel. I had trout for dinner which was lovely and dining room very pleasant with views out over grounds. Saw squirrels playing which I always like. Went on one of the forest trails early on the next afternoon and loved it. So relaxing and saw prairie dogs. Also bought some gifts from hotel shop which had been specially recommended. Very reasonable and very helpful customer adviser. Other staff also pleasant. . Went for very pleasant meal on the Friday evening to Bart's. Had breakfast in hotel on Saturday morning. Husband also had breakfast on Friday morning but I had long lie. Lots of choice for breakfast and I thought reasonable. We checked out then as we were en route to Grand Canyon. Did come back to Flagstaff that (Saturday) evening to catch train to LA and thought it lovely, bustling place but I did not miss not going there when staying at Little America as enough to do at hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want as I did.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Little America Hotel Flagstaff? Share your experiences!