“Best Option in Flagstaff” 4 of 5 stars

Little America Hotel Flagstaff
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2515 E. Butler Avenue, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
“Best Option in Flagstaff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were quite impressed with our stay at Little America. I understand it is a chain hotel, but we had never stayed at any of their locations before. Our room was very large with plenty of room for three large suitcases. The bathroom was very roomy, and there were sinks both in the bathroom as well as outside the bathroom. This was very convenient for all of us. It was a great location, given that our main purpose of staying in Flagstaff was to visit the Grand Canyon. The trip was 90 minutes or less one way. The complimentary wifi was very reliable with a strong signal. The property is beautiful and very quiet, but yet very kid-friendly. There was even a playground on site.

There were a few minor negatives to our stay: 1) there is no elevator, and our room was on the 2nd floor. (Note that there are only two floors in each building.); 2) the room locations are not marked very well, so you have to maneuver down the hallways to look for it; 3) the refrigerator was in the bathroom, which we found a little odd; 4) the clean towels at the pool were all gone, and the dirty towels were all piled up; and 5) the main road outside the hotel is very busy with a lot of traffic. So, we found it difficult to make a left turn out of the property, which happened to be the direction we seemed to always be headed.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. The restaurant onsite was nice. We would go back if we were ever visiting the area again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1,360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My girlfriend and I spent a few days in flagstaff to get away from the Phoenix heat and decided to stay at Little America.The grounds are beautiful and the hotel feels homy and upscale.Even though the room rates are moderate. We enjoyed our room which was large,very clean and felt recently renovated.The reception desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating.The one truly outstanding feature of the hotel is it's pool.It's large,well maintained and they provide you with all the large,soft pool towels you will ever need.We spent spent hours at the pool each day and never felt harried or crowded by any of the other guests.
The only negative about our entire stay was the unpleasant experience we had at the bar and dining room. The bartender who served us when we went for drinks was very intrusive.We had a difficult time talking to each other because she would insist on interrupting our conversations with bad jokes and tales of her life story and how she came about ending up in Flagstaff.She also upset us by refilling our glasses with the remainder of our beverage bottles well before the glasses were half empty and then immediately asking if we wanted another round.I find that to be a shady practice.The other negative was the incompetence of the waitstaff at dinner.We had a different waiter each night and each was worse than the other. they got our order wrong,they forgot to bring bread to the table and even though the dining room was never more than one-third full each night we were there,they acted so harried that it put us off our dinner which was too bad since the food was excellent.
To sum up I would definitely recommend Little America for an enjoyable experience in Flagstaff,just hope and pray you don't get our bartender or dinner waitstaff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Casa Grande, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

About 25 years ago, I stayed at the Little America hotel in Flagstaff with my family when we were traveling from Iowa to California to visit family. I remember it as being a rather fancy hotel, although I recall sheer curtains between two "bedrooms" that blocked nothing and smelled of smoke. I also remember my baby sister leaving behind a stuffed animal, and I don't know if she ever got it back! LOL! :) Anyway, Little America did not disappoint on this second visit of mine, as a solo adult traveler, although it might be said it is a little worse for the wear. It still has the same overly pretentious "Victorian" furniture throughout the guest rooms that I'm guessing was selected in the 1970s. It did have a large-screen TV mounted on the wall and modern bedding, the only two nods to the current era that I could see. It still had a corded "slimline" (remember those?) phone by the toilet, I guess in case you had an emergency or needed to make an important phone call? LOL! :) The property itself was still lovely, surrounded by a beautiful pine forest. I wasn't aware of this on the first visit, but this time I learned there was a two-mile walking trail behind the buildings, all on Little America property. I tried it out after a beautiful cleansing rainstorm, and it was absolutely gorgeous, pristine and inspiring. I love animals, and I got to see lots, including dogs (although inexplicably there were "no pets" signs in the hotel itself), bunny rabbits, prairie dogs, squirrels, lizards and some big black birds (hawk?). The pool was nice, except as usual it was overrun by children not watching the slightest where they were going and I got human hairs stuck in my fingers three different times before I said to myself, "Eeew. I'm getting out." A wedding had taken place on the grounds my last day there and, although I didn't get a glimpse of the actual ceremony, I did see lots of wedding-goers out and about and the white tables, chairs and garden archway so popular at weddings. Oh, also, they had a GIGANTIC gift shop that I took full advantage of, although there was a problem with my card being declined because somehow it came up in the system as "gas station" (because they do have a gas station on the property as well, perhaps) and I had gotten gas elsewhere the same day. I used a different card with no problem. Definitely this place is worth a stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool-side as it will be somewhat quieter than the parking lot/I-40 side.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel was just perfect for our stay.......we have a little one and the rooms are HUGE so it was comfortable, clean and fun for all. We didn't eat here so cant comment on that. Would definitely return!!!!!'

• Stayed July 2014
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I returned to the Little America in Flagstaff after liking it very much as a 5 year old which was a little over 30 years ago. And guess what? It's still pretty great, even though it pretty much looks and smells the same. But since the look is sorta classic, and the smell of pine trees very pleasing, that is still pretty great. The rooms are very large by today's standards and are lovingly maintained and cleaned. In the morning I noticed employees cleaning up the parking lot and grounds which shows their commitment to running a quality resort. The pool looks better in pictures than in person but it too is well maintained. The hotel restaurant is just okay, nothing special but you want to eat there because the hotel grounds are so relaxing that you don't want to get back in the car. This hotel, and Flagstaff, are well worth the stop if you are in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Page, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay with a premium view room and balcony.
The room was very spacious, clean and quiet. We will be staying
there again when we have more time to check out the gift shop, trails
and restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kaitaia, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I chose all my accomadation on this holiday according to Trip Advisor and this Hotel more than lived up to its reviews. We enjoyed our stay, the rooms were lovely and the single room had loads and loads of room, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was so good we ate all our meals in the resturant. Well done deserves No1.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Little America Hotel Flagstaff? Share your experiences!