“Fantastic value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Littleton, Colorado
“Fantastic value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

It has lovely, spacious rooms for less than what most places charge, the grounds are spectacular and large enough for a hiking trail, a wonderful gift shop filled with values, and to-die-for food in the beautiful restaurant that still manages to be healthy. All they need are an indoor pool and hot tub and they would be sublime! My favorite place in a long time. Wish they would expand to Denver. Love ya!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TheGrandAmerica, Public Relations Manager at Little America Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Roger Q-

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback and glad you enjoy staying with us! We are looking forward to welcoming you upon your next visit to Flagstaff.

Hotel Staff

1,305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Novato, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were on a 2 week trip in Arizona and heading to the Grand Canyon when we stayed 2 nights at Little America. The scope of the hotel is pretty daunting as it is a 2 story-4 building hotel. When checking in were directed 3 buildings away. If you didn't like the location of the room it would be a pain to go back to change.
The pool was closed in October and it was pretty chilly to walk back to the hotel room from the hot tub.
Their is no walking anywhere from the hotel except on the "walking trail"....everywhere else you have to drive.
It was a lovely large room and very clean....amazing if you have kids that they have a playground and volleyball........nice for families........

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My family enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving brunch at Little America Flagstaff. The food choices were incredible, definitely something for everyone: crab legs, prime rib, imported cheeses, turkey and all the trimmings, eggs Benedict, apple-wood smoked bacon, sausage, crepes to order, fantastic warm rolls, fresh shrimp scampi, and an endless dessert bar featuring a chocolate fountain, pumpkin pie, chocolate trifle and bread pudding. The servers ensure your glasses are never empty and that all plates are cleared in a timely fashion. Live piano music plays Christmas tunes while you dine. The setting is extravagent, one truly feels pampered. This could be a new holiday tradition for us!

On the downside...we planned our entire trip around the holiday lights. Back in August I called the hotel to confirm the holiday lighting event would be Thanksgiving weekend. Imagine my surprise the weekend before Thanksgiving learning that the event was happening the week before Thanksgiving. I called the hotel to confirm there would be events occurring after the lighting event and I was told there was always something going on. I explained we were coming from out of town and my children were looking forward to the various events. So...we went to the hotel Saturday evening as planned and there was NOTHING to do. The hotel boasts "millions of twinkling lights." Not one twinkling light - all static lights - and definitely not millions. In fact, far fewer lights than our last visit several years ago. I asked the desk clerk about events and was given a flyer for the North Pole Experience and a separate sleigh ride. I told her I had called the week before and was told there would be events going on each weekend. She said, "well, I'm sorry you were misinformed." The North Pole Experience would have cost my family $350 to participate, and from what I've read, not worth the hefty price tag. And the sleigh ride? Another $100+. That said, we will go back for the holiday brunch, but not for the holiday lights.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TheGrandAmerica, General Manager at Little America Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Shellih2-

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor, we appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were misinformed of when our holiday lights ceremony was taking place. I made sure that all managers were aware of the event being held before Thanksgiving this year instead of the weekend after, like the previous year. I am also sorry to hear that our lights were not as grand this year as in previous years; I can assure you that our grounds staff starts hanging our lights up starting in September. I even purchased more lights in previous years to add an extra sparkle to the event. I am pleased that you enjoyed our Holiday Brunch. Thanksgiving is our most anticipated brunch of the year, I am glad we did a fine job. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you in the future.

Little America Management
Port Clinton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. I'm not sure how to describe the room decor - but definitely not modern or country, and not my style, but it was huge, clean and comfortable. Everything about this hotel was very pleasant. They were remodeling the front lobby while we were there but it didn't seem to upset the balance at all. The gift shop was very nice. The restaurant had good food at a decent price (we only ate there our 1st night). Loved the fireplace in the restaurant/bar area. I liked having the little private balcony so I could step outside for some fresh, mountain air in my pajamas! Nice area out back with pool and walking trail. The guest laundry room seemed to be busy on Thursday night. One drawback: no microwave in the room or anywhere in the hotel for guest use. Overall, a great experience though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
West Covina, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just a quick notice... we arrived on November 25,2013 to find they had a major water outage. The hotel didn't have water and they didn't know when it would be hooked up.

What a beautiful place all dressed up for the holidays. The staff were wonderful, the general manager was great. They referred up to other nice places to stay in flagstaff. We will be back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Suva, Fiji
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Loved this hotel, its a little hard to describe how beautiful this place is. we had a corner room that overlooked the car park but we never heard a sound. the rooms are huge, clean, comfortable and warm. We had a great dinner and reasonably priced plus friendly staff, the place is beautifully and comfortably furnished - we want a lodge in the woods just like this one!! Oh, take a walk in the morning around the grounds.. its beautiful. There were renovations going on around the front, but this did not bother us at all. It is also in a great location. we chose the Little America Hotel after reading the reviews and we were glad we did, this is one of the best places we've stayed in and will always remember. We loved our short stay and will definitely stay again should our travels take us back that way. Thanks & well done Little America in Flagstaff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingman, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Loved the accommodations of our suite: My head sunk into the pillows as if it was on a cloud. Temperature control in the room was fantastic - no noisy fans or ducts. Great water pressure in the shower. Coffee pot with real coffee cups.
Unfortunately, we had eaten a big meal the night before at Black Bart's or I would have eaten the Sunday Brunch for $20.95 - a bargain for the quality. The waitress was great and had no problem substituting my hashbrowns for a lovely dish of fresh fruit. The décor is sumptuous and inviting.
I also went to the gift shop and found some unique Christmas gifts.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Little America Hotel Flagstaff? Share your experiences!