“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've stayed in hotels all over the world, and this remains one of my favorites because of the huge size of the rooms, the beautiful grounds, the resort-like amenities, the convenience to the interstate and downtown Flagstaff and best of all, the great price! If you're into W-style hipness, the faux french provinical furniture and patterned wallpaper may be a bit retro, and the bathroom counters are on the low side (probably because of when the hotel was built.) But it's a lovely hotel nonetheless. We stayed here three days, and on the next-to-last morning enjoyed breakfast while looking through the restaurant's floor to ceiling windows at the snow falling on the pines and aspens outside. Gorgeous! The breakfast buffet is not as lavish as some, but the steak poivre at dinner one night was superb. This was my fourth visit to Little American Flagstaff and hopefully not the last!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the San Francisco Peaks, you pretty much have to get a room on front that also...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

A great room looking over pine trees. Facilities superb - including a pool and forest trails. Very friendly staff. A great restaurant experience including both quality food & wonderful service. I could not recommend it more.

Room Tip: Go for a room facing the trail-side of the hotel - quiet, restful and the opportunity to view wildli...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had stayed here before and enjoy the quiet rooms (except noise from hallway door) great view of forest and usually the food. Our room was nice and clean. The furniture warm and cozy and not hard and minimalistic and cold like most Hotels. We had a surprisingly great dinner meal with CJ server one night: steak au pauvre really tender, dinner rolls fresh and warm. The next night tried the prime rib special: bad cuts of meat cold and over cooked, cold au jus. We complained and they did there best to take care of, but ruined us for future dinners there. The server, named Saphere with name tag Ahi, talked too much and asked for our first names. weird! Then wanted to shake our hands. I don't know about you, but I wash my hands before eating and don't really want the extra germs from all the others he may have asked. I prefer my server to smile and get our orders right and to anticipate needs. Not make excuses for bar and missing food items. We will probably stay again, but not for dinner. I may even call health department over the cold served food! Disappointing!

Room Tip: Get room Up the small off shoot hallways and away from lodge 1 main walkway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TheGrandAmerica, Public Relations Manager at Little America Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Cheryl -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, we value your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your dining experience, the second night, did not go very well. Little America prides itself knowing that we can deliver great customer service in a comfortable setting. It seems that we have missed the mark. Because of your comment, I have reminded all of our dining staff of proper etiquette when handling tables. I could not agree with you more that being overly friendly can be off putting and a bit strange at times. I was also appalled to hear that the prime rib was not very tasty. Again, the prime rib special is very popular, and to hear that it was over cooked is unacceptable. I have since spoken with my chef about this matter and he has seen to it that we always have hot and fresh cuts of meat. I am pleased to hear that there were other areas of you stay that truly reflects a Little America experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This little tirant made us wait 3 hours for a room. Got us our room at 2:58 pm, two minutes prior to checkin. We were lucky enough to receive a room near the common area door and steps. I am lucky in one respect. I'm not married to this lovely lady!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, we appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that our front desk agent was unhelpful and rude. I have taken necessary actions and have had a sit down with her and her manager about your comment. I have also emphasized better training skills so that all of our guests are given a room, if available, in a timely matter. Little America prides itself in knowing that we can deliver great customer service to all of our guests and I am hoping by emphasizing clear guidelines, we can create a positive experience for all of our guests. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you in the future.

Kind Regards,
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was there last year and it was very impressed. I stayed there on the way to Grand Canyon from pheonix. The room was very clean, the furniture are very beautiful and surprised me. On the back of the hotel, there was a lot of trees. Very nice to have a walk in the morning. Staff are friendly as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Carmel, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Not a bad place for an overnight stay. Rooms were dated, but clean and the on-site restaurant, although crowded and noisy did have decent food. Did not hear one train whistle and I am a light sleeper. All in all decent stay by the highway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Davos, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We still like the generous and clean rooms at his hotel. The parking space is a bit limited if, like us, you are driving a flat bed with 2 Quads. The breakfast was a bad experience. The waiter came to our our table with stained pants and an even worst looking apron - right on our eyes high, because he was a big guy. Good morning!!! We ordered eggs benedict. The potatoes who were served with them were reheated and tasted like rubber. The eggs were served on a muffin which was not even a little bit toasted and all of that was less the lukewarm. We never had such a bad breakfast the last couple years while traveling in the Southwest!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for responding to TripAdvisor regarding your most recent stay, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience in our restaurant was unappetizing. Little America takes pride in our food quality and to hear that your breakfast was not delicious is appalling. Because of your comment, I have made sure our cooks know that reheating potatoes is not good practice and that they must make sure that the English muffin, for the eggs Benedict, should be hot and crispy. I have also decided to give our customers two potato choices for a more preferable experience. Again, we are sorry to hear about you unpleasant experience, we hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you in the future.

Little America Management

Been to Little America Hotel Flagstaff? Share your experiences!