“Brilliant place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
WestMids, UK
“Brilliant place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in Lodge one on the fist floor. The room was huge: two double beds, four chairs, two tables, massive bathroom as well as separate washing/vanity area. The décor is a kind of mock Regency idea with twirly chairs and fancy dressers, so it looks a bit dated and odd but was quite fun. When we arrived quite late 7pm the hotel looked busy, the road out of Flagstaff had been closed due to the weather and i think a lot of people had ended up in the hotel by surprise, but we checked in quickly, there was plenty of parking out the front of the Lodge.

We ate in the hotel restaurant and it was really nice, good selection, not too pricey, friendly service. Used the laundry facilities as well and that was easy enough, 3 washers/dryers and some vending machines under the stairs. One thing that would help would be a change machine.

All in all we had a good stay, its a good location to drive to the Grand Canyon. Flagstaff itself has plenty of places to eat etc. Fuel is available all over the place at different prices if you're driving and Little America is so easy to find as you're barely off the road and its' there. Despite the closeness there was no traffic noise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed in a 2 queen bed room for one night. It was a good decent hotel and I would recommend staying here. The only issue I had was that the Internet did not work. But other than that it is a very good hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Elkridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked based on TripAdvisor reviews. Thank Goodness. It looks like a motor court on the outside. If I had booked on appearances, we would have missed a gem. This place is special. In fact, on my venere.com review, I gave it all 10's and that's not me being kind, it really deserved every one of them. Our Grand Canyon tour guide said it was Mormon-owned, but I did not get any kind of vibe that they would be unwelcoming to less buttoned-up lifestyles. Yes, the restaurant serves coffee and drinks. The value for the price is excellent, and despite being right off the highway, it's very quiet.

Things I loved:
* Very very friendly and competent staff
* Darling little store with everything you might need
* Yummy couches and chairs in the lobby
* Super luxe linens
* The connecting hallways from building to building are fabulous
* Location convenient to just about everything in Flagstaff (by car)

Some things they could improve upon:

* Add a TV station listing to the hotel services booklet,
* Add a local restaurant listing to the booklet. I don't think it would really cost them restaurant business. We ate there anyway when it worked for our schedule

A tip:
* Be prepared to carry your luggage up the stairs if you're on the second floor or snag a porter in the lobby ... there were no elevators we could find.

Room Tip: * Rooms on the south side face away from the highway. We were on the northwest side facing the highw...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised with the accommodations, service and food quality at this hotel in Flagstaff. Everything from making the reservation to checking out went very smoothly. No complaints in any department. Need to find more of their properties as we plan more trips out West.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was a little nervous when approaching this hotel despite all the good reviews (why I booked in the first place). Its just off the Freeway and has a huge gas station/truck stop in front of it.

But my fears were misplaced. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and my room was large, very clean and very quiet. And the proximity of a major road eant I could get to places quickly and easily.

I ate in the restaurant both nights but did not use it for breakfast (I only needed something light so bought some juice and a bun from the shop at the back of the gas station - they also sell hot food). The first night I tried out the turkey dinner and was not disappointed. It was hearty, well cooked, absolutely delicious and fantastic value. Second night I had a burger which was also very good. And I asked my waiter for some recommendations on local beers and his two choices were just right - he even let me have a taster glass to make sure I was happy with the choice.

My only slight grumble was that I wanted to phone home to UK and, as suggested in the room details, phoned zero to find out the charge. No reply so I went to reception to ask. The first person I saw had no idea. Nor did the second as it turned out but he said that he had seen lots of bills for international calls and they were around $6-8. I went ahead and made a 4 minute call. Later I checked how much it was going to cost and was astounded to be told that it was over $30. But here's the good part. When I explained what I had been told, the person on reception was very apologetic that I had been given faulty advice and was happy to discuss a more acceptable amount for me to pay. I left feeling that the hotel had treated me like a valued customer rather than someone to screw money out of. We all make mistakes but its how they are dealt with that sets good service apart.

Room Tip: I always go for an upstairs room as I dont like people above me. This hotel is only two floors so th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right off the freeway. The staff is very friendly, and checked me in right away. Theroom was clean overall, however, the bathtub was extremely dirty. A quick rinse took care of that. The only thing I didn't like was that the mini fridge is in the bathroom.

If you're on a business trip, you can make the bathroom your office, as there's a telephone right next to the toilet.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Wandering American
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel is probably one of the best in Flagstaff. The location is optimal for anyone doing business or travelers just passing through. The staff were very friendly and helpful in helping us find our way around town. The rooms have a very unique European style design and decor that make this hotel very special. The beds we comfortable, the TV was a flat panel display and the bathroom was spacious.

Flagstaff is a very beautiful city. I compare it to an island since it's surrounded by huge swaths of desert. It has a nice old town, modern shopping malls and plenty of good restaurants. I would highly recommend a visit here for anyone taking a road trip through this area.

Room Tip: This hotel has very large grounds with a play ground for kids and walking trails for those intereste...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Little America Hotel Flagstaff? Share your experiences!